Florida-North Florida

St Augustine - Engagement Party venue?

Hello!

I'm trying to find somewhere to host an engagement party in St. Augustine for about 30 people or less. So far I've looked into the White Room (Loft) and small event rooms in the Casa Monica, but the White Room is of course a bit pricey and the Casa Monica has strict rules agasint outside food (ie: cake. not a deal breaker though).

I'd love some suggestions on places in St. Augustine where a small party can be hosted- I was thinking some bed and breakfasts' but there's SO MANY I'm overwhemled with looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: St Augustine - Engagement Party venue?

• Congrats! I was recntly in St. Augustine looking at wedding and reception venues. The Hilton has a small banquet room and are very accommodating. The bayview room is a smaller venue and is actual in the same building as the white room and A1A. They sre very nice, the room is pretty and they have a bayview and you can rent the patio area so your guests may enjoy the view and the weather. Also if you contact the the wedding authority they have a room at the lightner museum that is also very nice to have a reception and/or engagement party. Sorry I don't really have any bed and breakfast suggestions I haven't really checked into any of those. Hope this helps!
  • For engagement party, perhaps you can consider a restaurant with some private space? Like The Columbia restaurant, Harry's, Caps or The Reef, for example. There was a place called Zhanras (sp?) on the other side of the bridge of lions that was a really cool tapas bar, but I don't think they're in business anymore.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Scarlett O'Hara's has a private room upstairs called the Ghost Bar that will hold up to 36 people.  They were reasonably priced in my opinion.  It's not fancy but it's a great location and we love the pub food at Scarlett's.
  • Oh and try out Gypsy Cab Company.  They recently added on a private room as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_st-augustine-engagement-party-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:eb5f9873-88fd-449a-abbf-a8a274a9385dPost:e83644c3-d2d1-4117-8967-9f2142d0b2aa">St Augustine - Engagement Party venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm trying to find somewhere to host an engagement party in St. Augustine for about 30 people or less. So far I've looked into the White Room (Loft) and small event rooms in the Casa Monica, but the White Room is of course a bit pricey and the Casa Monica has strict rules agasint outside food (ie: cake. not a deal breaker though). I'd love some suggestions on places in St. Augustine where a small party can be hosted- I was thinking some bed and breakfasts' but there's SO MANY I'm overwhemled with looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by hellokaterose[/QUOTE]
  • The Conch House restaurant and marina has a party room, and also the Old City House inn and restaurant has a lovely dining room and nice ambience that you might like (it's right next to the Casa Monica).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_st-augustine-engagement-party-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:eb5f9873-88fd-449a-abbf-a8a274a9385dPost:e83644c3-d2d1-4117-8967-9f2142d0b2aa">St Augustine - Engagement Party venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm trying to find somewhere to host an engagement party in St. Augustine for about 30 people or less. So far I've looked into the White Room (Loft) and small event rooms in the Casa Monica, but the White Room is of course a bit pricey and the Casa Monica has strict rules agasint outside food (ie: cake. not a deal breaker though). I'd love some suggestions on places in St. Augustine where a small party can be hosted- I was thinking some bed and breakfasts' but there's SO MANY I'm overwhemled with looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by hellokaterose[/QUOTE]

We got married at The Government House. People rent it out all the time for private parties and other events, and they have no problem with using outside caterers :).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you everyone, love the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards