Not Engaged Yet

PIP your costume!

Hi Ladies,

I survived two Halloween parties last night. No prizes this time, but that's because we arrived at the second one in the middle of voting. Here is my truly outrageous Jem costume. It's hard to tell, but I even made the Syngergy earrings out of red glitter cardstock. The wig started life as a straight, waist-length thing. I gave it a major haircut and styled it into this awesome '80s 'do.

Please excuse the messy house in the background.

Slightly blurry close-up to better show the makeup. Awesome magenta eyeshadow courtesy of SugarPill.

When I went to put on my costume, I realized I had only tried it on over other clothes, so I made the fasteners too big. Since it's a wrap dress, I just pulled it tighter and safety pinned it shut.

Show me your costume (if you haven't already).

Re: PIP your costume!

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was my first year attempted to make a Halloween costume on my own. Since I've been out of high school I would just piece things together and before that my mom or gramma made them. I had no clue what I was doing, but I think our costumes turned out pretty good. I'm sad that our Halloween festivities are over already. :(

Me:

Me and FI:
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shamelessly stole this idea from Etsy.

My costume:

FI's mask, me modeling.

Bach.  He loves it. (not.)

ETA: I made all these.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Both of you have awesome costumes! I don't really do the whole dressing up thing but BF and I do crave pumpkins every year.

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You make an adorable Belle! My mom made that costume for me in high school. Sadly, I'm sure it doesn't fit anymore.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw.  I'm sad I ended up not dressing up.  We decided not to go to the party last night, so we all just stayed in and got shitfaced.  It's a good night when you finish with tequila shots and chase with vodka tonic.  Yum.  I woke up this morning still drunk.

You guys look so awesome!  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You guys have epic costumes. I didn't end up going out because I'm still getting over this darn cold, but when I was planning to, I was going to find the stuff to be Snow White. I guess I'll just have to do it for next year - which isn't so bad, I'll have a chance to actually make something instead of finding stuff that will 'do'.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leia - your Jem is spectacular! I am having such nostalgia right now! LOL

My costume ended up not being anything special. I usually put more effort in, but didn't have anything put together this year because we didn't think we'd be dressing up. Then we heard otherwise and ended up having to grab store-bought outfits at the last possible minute. :P

The result? A couple of cave people drinking wine in a limo. LOL

Without a doubt the worst wig I've ever worn. DX But we got a surprising amount of attention, even considering we were with people in way better costumes than ours. I think people just got a kick out of the Flintstones turning up at a bunch of wineries. ^_^
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Pocky, you guys are so cute! There was a Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles at one of the parties.

One of the best costumes I saw last night was Oscar the Grouch. He made the trash can out of one of those collapsible laundry baskets.
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys have awesome costumes ! Leia yours holds a special place for me , I totally loved Jem growing up ! I also loved Belle and you really captured the essence of her character Deburin , really fantastic !

Here's a few of me as the Big Bad Wolf :

Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Super cute costumes, ladies! I didn't get to dress up this year so I gots nothing to share.
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I had a migraine yesterday, and really didn't feel like going out and getting shiitfaced - so I stayed home in my sweats and tank top- snuggling under my blankets on the couch with BF and watching tv 
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE these!! wo0t!

I was Flo, the girl from Progressive...

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pip-costume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b7169520-fdf9-4a8a-a801-2dc6d3fa6483Post:4b8afd8d-3e3d-41a7-9af6-56926553c079">Re: PIP your costume!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE these!! wo0t! I was Flo, the girl from Progressive...
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Love it !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Everyone did such a good job!  Here I am as Quailman:

• pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Quailman!! And the nostalgia trip continues! :)
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Elle - that is the best costume ever. of all time.

• tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pip-costume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b7169520-fdf9-4a8a-a801-2dc6d3fa6483Post:8aee81ec-d9d9-4105-ac2f-be6c3bc35ade">Re: PIP your costume!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle - that is the best costume ever. of all time.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Srsly.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG so many cute pics! Our halloween party was snowed out. Boo so I will have to post mine next weekend!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I posted mine in this thread on Saturday, LOL ... my Friday party was fun, but the Saturday party was cancelled. Apparently Mother Nature's Halloween costume is Christmas.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_steampunkin-pip

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards