July 2012 Weddings

Let's talk baby names

Got any picked out already?  If you have kids, what did you name them?

I already told FI he has little say in what we name our kids since I'll be doing all the work to have them.  FI has a long, Hungarian last name so picking names that flow is really hard... my current favorites:

Boys
James Alexander (my late pop-pop's first name, my late brother's middle name)
Corey (FI's late grandfather)
Vincent
Jesse

Girls
Margaret (Maggie) (my late great-grandmother's name)
Sophia.. this seems to be a really popular name nowadays so I probably won't use it as a first name (FI's grandmother's name)
Aubrey
Megan
Angela

Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Let's talk baby names

• Our first choice names right now are Payten (boy) and Krista (girl). 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • I have totally already decided but I told my fiance he could pick the boys' names since I am only really set on the girl ones! Knowing my family history, we'll have a ton of boys and no girls (my father was one of 5 boys):
    Girls:
    Charlotte
    Paige
    Alice
    Boys:
    Davis (family name)
    Christopher

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We have no interest in having children but I love names.  Current trends with misspelling things and trying to be original and unique depress me though.

Girls

Miranda Kate
    Victoria Kate
    Susan
    Elizabeth

Boys:

James William
    Devin
  • Sophia (or Emma) Rose (middle name after my grandma)

Jacob (or Lucas) Williams (middle name after FI's grandpa)
    Photobucket
  • Very fun post!! I have a few favorites. FI's last name goes with almost any name, which is a bonus.

Girls:
    Natalie
    Rebecca (FI actually likes this name, too)
    Adele (liked the name before the singer, but I doubt FI would like this one)

Boys:
    The one boy's name I have always really liked is Neil, but FI is not on board with this one unfortunately
    imageAnniversary
  • Hmm... we'll be trying for kids right away, so yep, we're talking names :)

Girls:
    Emilie Elizabeth (Emy), late grandmother's name.
    Ava Elizabeth

Boys:
    Quinn
    Andrew
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    omg you guys have so many picked out!! they are all so cute!! i especially love adele - such an adorable name! i bet that name is going to pick up in popularity thanks to the singer :)

fiance wants our children to have indian names.  i like the idea and want our children to be proud of their heritage, i just don't want them going through life with a name that can't be pronounced. i keep searching for "crossover" type indian names but haven't successfully found too many yet!

i have always joked that i want to name my first daughter Bella in honor of my twilight series obsession. that was one of the most popular names of 2011 so apparently people stole my idea! my new hunger games obsession might take over my twilight obsession so perhaps i can joke about naming her katniss now :)

here are my real ideas:

girls
    sashi
    padma (but everyone would think of the top chef hostess!)
    lila or leela
    shaili (that is fiance's favorite)
    ria

boys
    samir
    samar
    sanvi
  • We've always thrown names around, but aren't sure which one we'd pick!

Boys: Axel, Hunter, Clay, Reese, Ryan

Girls: Savannah, Sienna, Charlotte, Jenna

We have a hard time thinking of a girl's name! No idea if we'll even go with any of them. We probably like Axel the best for a boy :)

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is so fun :)  We were actually naming some names while we were falling asleep the other night.

Girls-Middle name will be Marie that is my middle name.
    Leah
    Abby
    Sydney

Boys-
    Noah
    Mason
    I really like Tristen but FI does not like it so much.
    FI loves Austin but I am not that big of a fan.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:0c5214e8-f5eb-4c6e-a0e1-d3b726dcce19">Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Got any picked out already?  If you have kids, what did you name them? I already told FI he has little say in what we name our kids since I'll be doing all the work to have them.  FI has a long, Hungarian last name so picking names that flow is really hard... my current favorites: Boys James Alexander (my late pop-pop's first name, my late brother's middle name) Corey (FI's late grandfather) Vincent Jesse Girls Margaret (Maggie) (my late great-grandmother's name) Sophia.. this seems to be a really popular name nowadays so I probably won't use it as a first name (FI's grandmother's name) Aubrey Megan Angela
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

My grandmas name is margaret everyone calls her Peggy. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't plan on having kids for a while but I still have some names picked out. In my religion we name after people who have passed away. But we only have to use the first letter if we don't like the name (or are naming the opposite gender. SO I have the letters L, S, G, J, and W to work with, for my grandparents and FI father.

Girls:
    Lilly (my personal favorite, has been for a long time)
    Jade
    Jayda

Boys:
    William Shea

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:fcb62269-90cc-433e-8f7c-ee313c06c00c">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE] padma (but everyone would think of the top chef hostess!) Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

No joke, I thought of that before I finished reading the line! I read Padma and was like, OOO LIKE TOP CHEF! I LOVE IT! And then I read your parenthesis hahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Girls
    Olivia
    Victoria
    Madyson (bet you didn't see that one coming)
    Abigail (but this is my brothers girlfriend's name so we'll see)
    Charlotte

Boys
    James (my grandfathers name)
    Oliver (Fis grandfathers name and only if we don't have an Olivia )
    Zachary
    Jacob
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • We talk about baby names ALL THE TIME, I love it!

Girls:
    Lucille (FI's grandma's name, she would go by Lucy) Lorraine (my nana's middle name)
    Genevieve
    Harper
    Charlotte
    Vivian (FI hates this one bc of pretty woman)
    Delilah

Boys:
    Jeremiah (FI's name, but he goes by his middle name) Jameson (he would go by this or J.J.)
    Jackson (this was #1 for me but it's too popular :( )
    Anderson
    Tucker
    Cooper

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our names picked out but we aren't planning to have any babies until like 2 years into our marriage:

If it is a girl her name will be Gabriella Lee 

If it is a boy his name will be Nathan Joseph

These are the only two name we could agree on. We had Mason Joseph as a name until one of my friends had her baby first and took my name. Oh well. I like Nathan better anyways. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:744fb81b-0bbf-4ef6-9ff4-c87e6a47d6bc">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't plan on having kids for a while but I still have some names picked out. In my religion we name after people who have passed away. But we only have to use the first letter if we don't like the name (or are naming the opposite gender. SO I have the letters L, S, G, J, and W to work with, for my grandparents and FI father. <strong>Girls: Lilly (my personal favorite, has been for a long time)</strong> Jade Jayda Boys: William Shea
    Posted by dramaqueen91087[/QUOTE]

My niece is named has your favorite name, but she spells it Lily she was named after my late grandmother.
  • I love names too! 
    I basically have them picked, but FI and I have a hard time agreeing on girls names. For example, i love samantha and he hates it. He likes katelyn or kate, but we just know so many people with that one- like MOH is kaylin. 
    But heres what we have mentioned before, though not discussed at length. We like the idea of 2 middle names for first girl and boy, and carrying family names. 

Girls
    Emma Lee Renee (both of my parents middle names are Lee, after their parents.)
    Molly Grace
    Aubrey Noelle

Boys
    Elijah James Richard (both dads are named richard)
    Braden Matthew
    Jackson Kyle 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our name 2yrs before we got pregnant :) with our little girl Mia Bliss

Boy
    we had such a hard time we just liked a few but we haven't picked out any boys name out.

Girl #2
    Ela Rhee (Nitas Great great grandmothers name) but her name was with 2 L's
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:bad6f40a-bfec-4821-9a23-c8b94f33cf69">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Let's talk baby names : My grandmas name is margaret everyone calls her Peggy. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

I also have an non-blood-related aunt named Peggy!  I much prefer Maggie, though, especially for a little girl.  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • FI and i dont plan on having any for a few years but we've started picking out names cause we're so damn picky hehe

Girls:
    Lane
    Sloan
    Ada (as a middle name, my mothers middle name)
    I love old lady names so if i had my way we'd use names like pearl, june, vera but FI has veto'd them lol

Boys:
    Beau
    Max
    Thomas (as a middle name, FI family name)
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    I forgot about Charlotte!  FI and I LOVED this name... after one of the characters in LOST hahaha

Also love Jeremiah but it's way too long with FI's last name

I really love some of the names you guys are picking
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:b98073d0-d822-4dec-9ca9-a81812b27164">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot about Charlotte!  FI and I LOVED this name... after one of the <strong>characters in LOST hahaha</strong> Also love Jeremiah but it's way too long with FI's last name I really love some of the names you guys are picking
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I loved LOST!!!! The ending was really stupid, but it one of the best shows ever!! Have you been watching Alcatraz? It is the same director and it is really good too!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:ee108212-1937-414b-84bd-54a6688efeda">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : I loved LOST!!!! The ending was really stupid, but it one of the best shows ever!! Have you been watching Alcatraz? It is the same director and it is really good too!!
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

I hated the ending, too, but probably would have hated any ending because.. well, I didn't want it to end hahaha.

YES... I LOVE HURLEY... and Polly from Sons of Anarchy??  (Also obsessed with that show)  I really like her, too.  I forgot to watch this week's episode, but so far I'm into it.

Nothing will ever compare to LOST... if FI had his way every single one of our children would be named after LOST characters.  (Desmond, Charlotte, Benjamin Linus hahaha)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:ab014eeb-7ade-40e3-8bc3-671e077a0a63">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE] Boys: Beau<strong> Max </strong>Thomas (as a middle name, FI family name)
    Posted by l_everett[/QUOTE]

Would you just do "Max" or would it be short for something? The reason I ask is that I had an ex named Max and it wasn't short for anything and people would ask him constantly "So, short for...Maximillian? Maxwell? Maxtopher?" (Ok, not really Maxtopher, but you get it).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We talk about this pretty frequently. Our girl name is Ashleigh Jane using a nickname of AJ. Our boy name is Logan Michael.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:a06087d5-a6a1-4739-bbd6-525062a5674c">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : Would you just do "Max" or would it be short for something? The reason I ask is that I had an ex named Max and it wasn't short for anything and people would ask him constantly "So, short for...Maximillian? Maxwell? Maxtopher?" (Ok, not really Maxtopher, but you get it).
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Haha, my FI's first name is Jay, yes just Jay.  He constantly gets asked if it's Jason or James.  I know the feeling.
  • We aren't NOT trying now, since I could safely get preggo without it interfering too much with the wedding. We've talked names forever, I mean since we decided we were serious. He has a daughter named Jada Mae. I'd never tell him, but I really hate that name. He's been really cool about agreeing to the names I've had picked out for years.

Girls:
    Evelyn Riley (this was my first choice, but SIL had a girl and they named her Avalyn Riley, so maybe, maybe not)
    Claudia Jean
    Kennady Grace (1st choice)
    Leila Kathleen (Kathleen is my grandma's name)
    Bridgette
    Bailey
    Ainsley

Boys:
    Carter Mason (heard it on a Disney movie and thought it was adorable for a boy or Carter for a girl would work too)
    Xander Benjamin (Benjamin is FI's middle name, and NOT Alexander, just Xander, first choice)
    Blane
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • mandctaft - Kathleen is my name, too!  An excellent choice  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've actually talked about names while laying in bed at night so far we've only come up with 2 names we sort of like 1 for a boy and 1 for a girl. Arianna for a girl and Macentyre for a boy. He's sort of really set on the Arianna name. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Casey Ann (Ann is my middle name) for a girl

Cody William (William is FI's middle name) for a boy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards