Military Brides

QOTD 8.25.11

Re: QOTD 8.25.11

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can we get more dynamic questions? Something that starts a conversation or at least asking us to PIP something? For the record, I am both. I have a PC laptop and an iPad. I'd love a Mac Book someday, but I'm also happy with using PCs.

Anniversary

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a PC but I also have an Ipad. I love both of them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_qotd-82511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ee32026-beb7-4fa4-8411-622a125df78cPost:ff7eea86-b6f8-4778-b534-7fe18eb289f7">Re: QOTD 8.25.11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we get more dynamic questions? Something that starts a conversation or at least asking us to PIP something? For the record, I am both. I have a PC laptop and an iPad. I'd love a Mac Book someday, but I'm also happy with using PCs.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Sorry in a hurry this morning getting ready for class
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_qotd-82511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ee32026-beb7-4fa4-8411-622a125df78cPost:b6880bef-65ec-4d25-81be-7535a8f116e2">Re: QOTD 8.25.11</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD 8.25.11 : Sorry in a hurry this morning getting ready for class
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Just a suggestion.  These questions that you've been posting are one word answers, or at most a sentence.  Maybe try some that are like, "What is your opinion on ----?"  or "PIP your dress or dream dress!"  Get it?  That way it's a bit more involved and interesting.  I'd rather see someone's opinions on some current event, or a picture of someone's invitation or bouquet, than just know if they use a Mac or PC.

Anniversary

• Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe someone that doesn't have to bolt to class in the morning should do questions occasionally or at the end of the question the asker could pick someone for the next day. That way the person asking questions doesn't run out of ideas. Just a thought I'd like a Mac but I have a PC cause I was a poor college student when I bought it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I apologize today was not creative. I was in a hurry but I promise they'll be better. I was basing them off my month board and those aren't always dynamic. Thanks for the input and if u have ideas feel free to pm me
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PC
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Katelyn, I like the idea of letting different people do the QOTD.  It was a good idea you had, but it would probably engage more people if we divy it up a bit.  Perhaps you can pick someone to do it tomorrow?

Anniversary

• YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I both have PC laptops and we each have iPads..I'm not partial to either because in college I had an Apple Powerbook (back in 2005) and in 08 when that died, my dad gave me his HP laptop because I didn't have the money for a new one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Agreed about the topics, and it's not just today.

Basically a QOTD should make you want to come back and read what other people posted.  TBH, I couldn't care less if people are posting on a mac over a PC, and won't come back to read it.  

But FTR, PC.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PC person. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would love a Mac, but I have a PC that was a really good deal and I'm totally happy with it.  I'm a penny pincher and it's hard for me to fork over cash on something when I have something similar that works just fine for me :) lol ...  ALTHOUGH I'd love the Mac that my friend has... she got a desktop and it's amazing... she's into making movies and short films and it came loaded with all the things she needs to do that :) ... I'm a bit jealous but she saved for 2 years for it.
    Enough rambling.... and I agree with switching up QOTDs and picking different people... we're all different so I think all of the topics would be interesting :) in a good way of course :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    H loves Apple stuff, I was born and raised on PC.  I've been looking into getting a new laptop since mine broke back in January, and now that I'm back in school it's been pretty necessary.  I looked at sony viao's today.. cause they come in pink!!Tongue out

Ditto the QOTD/New people thing.. No offense Katelyn.
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Okay, since Katelyn's not getting back to us - who wants to do it for tomorrow morning?  I'd volunteer, but I figure it's kind of rude of me to barge in and take over, so if I nominate someone else....

How about our lovely Mod?  Hike, you want to take tomorrow and then nominate someone else for the following day?

Anniversary

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_qotd-82511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ee32026-beb7-4fa4-8411-622a125df78cPost:78b48b89-84d9-449e-b736-ef4f73831b7c">Re: QOTD 8.25.11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, since Katelyn's not getting back to us - who wants to do it for tomorrow morning?  I'd volunteer, but I figure it's kind of rude of me to barge in and take over, so if I nominate someone else.... How about our lovely Mod?  Hike, you want to take tomorrow and then nominate someone else for the following day?
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Haha... Interesting enough, I wasn't going to come back in to read the rest! I'm glad I did.

Cal- How about you do it? You had the good idea and I'm sure you'll have a good question. Plus, I've been super stressed out and exhausted so my questions could possibly end up being a rant. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katelyn, I didn't mean to say your questions were bad. I was just trying to improve on your idea by saying we should alternate people. It seems you may be feeling that way and maybe that's why you haven't come back? We could easily PM you but you seem to be busy with school so maybe it would be best not to have this on your plate (not that it's a lot of work) everyday as well. Plus it will keep people intrested if the know they get to post a question eventually...I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_qotd-82511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5ee32026-beb7-4fa4-8411-622a125df78cPost:8647f62c-1045-45ea-be87-47936c60e77d">Re: QOTD 8.25.11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katelyn, I didn't mean to say your questions were bad. I was just trying to improve on your idea by saying we should alternate people. It seems you may be feeling that way and maybe that's why you haven't come back? We could easily PM you but you seem to be busy with school so maybe it would be best not to have this on your plate (not that it's a lot of work) everyday as well. Plus it will keep people intrested if the know they get to post a question eventually...I think.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    I didn't come back because I tried accessing it on my phone and it said the knot was down for maintenance. Wasn't avoiding you guys just waiting for it to come back up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards