Jewish Weddings

Does our cake have to be kosher?

We are having a Jewish wedding and serving kosher style (with available GLATT Kosher meals for the guests who request them)
We have a few bakeries in mind for our cake, none are kosher.
Should we offer a different type of dessert for the GLATT kosher people or just leave it up to them to enjoy (or not) the cake?

Re: Does our cake have to be kosher?

• colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should offer a kosher dessert for those who cannot eat the non-kosher cake. It is not a matter of leaving it up to them. Either there is a kosher dessert for them or there is no dessert for them. See if the caterer that provides the meal can also provide a cake/dessert, or knows where you can get one. I'm sure your guests will appreciate your effort.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception were held at the synagogue, so I didn't have a choice.  Plus, the cake had to be Kosher Pareve since I was having a meat reception.
  • edited December 2011
    That's a good question!  I'm considering asking our venue if the place that provides the kosher meals can provide any appitizers and desserts as well for those who are glatt.  We're doing kosher-style and I think one of my guests will eat non-meat appitizers and desserts even if they aren't kosher certified, but I have a few that definitely won't.

Has anyone had any problems with getting more than one course from the outside kosher meal providers?
    ExerciseMilestone image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards