Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair/Makeup Trials

Hey everyone!

How many trials did you have/are you planning on having? Did you do one before your engagement photos? I've booked my stylist and she recommends a trial about a month before, but I'm not sure what I want so I was thinking of booking another one. I'm planning from a distance, so I kind of have to plan out all the trips I take up there.

Re: Hair/Makeup Trials

• I had three trials so far. The first was at a salon that did make-up fo cheap money,after looking in the mirror I realized why their makeup application was so cheap. I then hired an actual makeup artist and we had one trial. I thought I liked what she did but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a different look so I went to the same artist for a second trial. If you're not sure what you want, ask for a few different looks at one sittng. Just bring facewash with you so you can clean your face in between. I'm only having one trial for hair the same day as my bachelorette party. 

To answer your question- you really only need one of each. Just google "bridal makeup" and email your artist all the looks you like and ask to try a few different styles so you can make sure you have the best look for you.
    Anniversary
  • I had a trial and hated it so I switched artists completely.  I booked her for my E-pics and loved what she did so I booked her for my wedding and had a trial about 4 months before (simply because that was a slow time for her--fall here is very busy).  I decide after the trial to change a few things up but I just brought new pictures and talked to her on the day of the wedding about what I wanted to change and in the end, I was very happy.

I did go back to her once before the wedding to have her do a smokey eye to see if I liked it.  You can read about all my trials in my bio.
  • You might try an artist and love her/him so much at the trial that you'll only require that one trial.  If you don't like what they've done, you should try another one.  Keep trying until you find one you truly like.  As a makeup artist, I suggest beginning the process one-two months in advance.  You don't want to wait until the last minute and then find that nobody is available on your wedding day.  I book months in advance.  I hate to turn anyone away, but like I said, I book months ahead and it's very rare that I am available last minute!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards