California-San Diego

best venue!?!

we have appointments to check out the Darlington House in La Jolla, Mt. Woodson in Ramona, and the Hyatt on Mission Bay.

is there something I'm missing? should I keep looking or stick with these three?

Re: best venue!?!

• edited December 2011
    Darlington House and Mt Woodson have a much different feel than the Hyatt....if you like that feel (which I do) you can look at the Thursday Club and La Jolla Women's Club....Don't get too bogged down looking at venues though....if you find one you like, go with it.

Here are some vendors that I highly recommend for when you get to that point. They are fairly priced for their experience and quality.

Photography:  Unveiled Wedding Photography  http://www.unveiledwedding.com

Videography:  Ashley Video, www.ashleyweddingvideography.com

Table/linen rental:  Flowers by Azhar   (619)-579-9300

Flowers:  Posies (858) 693-7673 shop
                      http://leighsposies.blogspot.com

Caterer:  Wild Thyme Company thewildthymecompany.com

DJ:  Mobile Music Plus.  www.mobilemusicplus.com Jonny Dupre

Band:  The Third Coast Jazz Band. www.thirdcoastjazz.com

Cake:  For The Love Of Cake
        Laurie O'Brien
        760-741-4000

Hair:  Looks by Lynzy.  looksbylnz@gmail.com

Have fun and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The wedgewood in Fallbrook. It comes with everything! Cake, invitations, flowers, dj, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ameejogirlameejogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wedgewood is on my list if we don't like the first three, thanks for the help :)
  • AWelshPearlAWelshPearl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

So far I'm liking the Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbrook. :)

• TanaDionneTanaDionne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at 40+ venues in San Diego including all you mentioned, also estates which could host backyard weddings.

We chose the Star of the Sea Event Center on the Harbor in San Diego. AMAZING sunset views for the reception, full bar in the room and a 5 star chef with the Center can provide food- if chosen, they wave the site fee!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want something private and beautiful look at Twin Oaks House and gardens in San Marcos. www.twinoaksweddings.com I am getting married here next month and the staff has been amazing! Note: they book about 18+ months out, so depending on your date it may not be possible because they only do 1 wedding per day. :)
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • ashleyk216ashleyk216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for North County Tavern + Bowl- We have done a wedding reception there.. is this something you might like? You can contact us at www.bowlnct.com

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little partial since I just got married there but the Thursday Club in Point Loma is an amazing venue.  The ceremony site is gorgeous, there is a bridal room, and you can bring in all of your own alcohol which saves you hundreds of dollars. You also have panoramic ocean views from the ceremony site and cocktail hour patio. Highly recommend!!

imageBabyFruit Ticker width="180px">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards