New York-Upstate

Venue Suggestions for Albany Area?

Hi there! My FI and I will be getting married in October 2014, and are just starting to scout out venue ideas.

We'd really like something that's easy to get to from the airport, and which has hotels and restaurants nearby. A hotel which also does receptions/ ceremonies would also be fine. The guest list will likely be 75-100 people.

Does anyone have suggestions or experiences to share?

Re: Venue Suggestions for Albany Area?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_venue-suggestions-for-albany-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:b56998a2-5006-4efa-878c-7ec3afa7dda7Post:b5d8833c-9d74-46b9-b496-100828841686">Venue Suggestions for Albany Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! My FI and I will be getting married in October 2014, and are just starting to scout out venue ideas. We'd really like something that's easy to get to from the airport, and which has hotels and restaurants nearby. A hotel which also does receptions/ ceremonies would also be fine. The guest list will likely be 75-100 people. Does anyone have suggestions or experiences to share?
    Posted by ashleymcw7[/QUOTE]

Depending on your budget, I'd recommend Century House. They are about a 10 minute drive from the airport and they also offer shuttle service. They have a hotel, restaurant, and banquet hall all on the same site, and are also located in an area with a lot of other food and lodging options available. (For instance, our room block filled up and most of our other guests stayed at a Stay Inn right across the parking lot from where the wedding was.) There are two different places to do a ceremony, one indoors and one outdoors, if you want to have your ceremony there too. The only reason I mention budget is because there is a minimum cost you have to meet if you're under a certain number of guests. I had 120, so my wedding was a bit larger than yours. Still, probably worth looking into because it has everything you're looking for and their staff is great to work with.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Oh I live like 10 mins from the airport..LOL...I know a TON...
    Are you from the area???

Try:
    Glens Sanders Mansion- like 20 mins from aiport..sooo nice...
    Century House
    Desmond
    Holiday Inn (RIGHT NEAR AIRPORT) also has a nice big room...

I have so many...let me know if you need more..
    God is Faithful!
  • Ps- The Holiday Inn on Wolf Road is literally a 5 min drive from the airport and has restaurants GALORE on that street....
    God is Faithful!
  • Century House and The Desmond are the closest to the airport that I can think of!
  • We got married at the Crossings of Colonie, which was nice, if an outdoor ceremony is your thing.

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Century House, which was a short drive and had pretty good food.  But be sure to go look at their spaces and think hard before you do your wedding there -- we looked there and noticed that most of their event roomts had color schemes that would clash horribly with the colors of our wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Taste in Albany! We got married there :) 
    Michelle www.michellelange.com/blog
  • Hi Ashley, 

The Best Western Albany Airport Inn is less than 2 miles from the airport and is located right on Wolf Road, which is lined with over 40 differerent restaurants. You could have your ceremony by our indoor pool and your reception in our ballroom that was just completely renovated a few months ago. 

Our free shuttle service can transport your guests to and from the airport and anywhere on Wolf Road. All guests will also enjoy a free breakfast in the morning. Our Sales Manager is a certified Wedding Planner and her services come free with all weddings!

All of our wedding packages (that start at just $52/person) include a cake from Coccadotts, linens, champagne toast, accomodations for the bride and groom and more. Check out more information here: http://www.bwalbanyairport.com/event-planning/weddings/

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_venue-suggestions-for-albany-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:b56998a2-5006-4efa-878c-7ec3afa7dda7Post:b5d8833c-9d74-46b9-b496-100828841686">Venue Suggestions for Albany Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! My FI and I will be getting married in October 2014, and are just starting to scout out venue ideas. We'd really like something that's easy to get to from the airport, and which has hotels and restaurants nearby. A hotel which also does receptions/ ceremonies would also be fine. The guest list will likely be 75-100 people. Does anyone have suggestions or experiences to share?
    Posted by ashleymcw7[/QUOTE]

Hi! I had been considering having my wedding in the Albany area so I know of quite a few venues for you to look into.. Whats your budget??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards