Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dress pics from appointments in bio...help me decide please!

Hi ladies - I haven't posted on this board for awhile, nor the Vegas board either (we are getting married there now).  I have been on an obsessive dress hunt, and I have some pictures finally in my bio under attire.

At this point I am going back and forth between the Melissa Sweet "Saffron" and the Blush by Jim Heljm #1050.  The Enzoani "Erin" fit me very well and is different but may be too much dress for me.  The only thing with the Melissa sweet is due to cost, I'd have to buy that one used more than likely, so I'd need to factor that in.  My face is whited out cause I put these pics on another website.

What do you guys think???  Keep in mind, I will hands down be 10-15 lighter when we get married.  I'm a roller coaster work out person, it's what I do, so I will be in way better shape soon. (Oh and I will be posting reviews of all the bridal salons I've visited once I'm done.)

Re: Dress pics from appointments in bio...help me decide please!

• edited December 2011
    I think the Saffron makes you look stunning and makes your body look great!  The others are both very very nice too!
  • edited December 2011
    The Enzoani is AMAZING on you!  Elegant...yet sexy too.  Your gorgeous, hourglass shape is accentuated beautifully.  I would do without the bow detail, IMO.  The shape is perfect in the front...what does the back look like?  The MS dress, again IMO, is very "safe" and though beautiful, does not set you apart.  If you want to make a statement and make your dress a true conversation piece, AND be a knockout on your Big Day go with the Enzoani!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't shy away from buying used.  As long as it's in good condition, who cares?  Go with the dress your heart tells you to go with. 
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the first two (the second the best).

I really wasn't a fan of the third one. It fits you great... but I just thought the whole dress was a little jarring and odd. There's just too much going on.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vote went to the Melissa Sweet dress - I loved the way that one looked on you! Do you know if you can even find it used? That would be the first thing I would check out. I bought my dress as a sample and was SO happy I did. I just got it cleaned and it seemed like a brand new dress and for less than half of what I would have paid for it brand new.
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the Jim Hjelm - but I'm not a big lace girl myself.

But honey, how could you ever be 10-15 lbs thinner? You are so thin now! Please, i'm begging you, buy the dress you love for the body you have and love it! You don't need to lose a pound!
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the Saffron.  LOVE it.  

Bookmark oncewed.com, preownedweddingdresses.com, and bridepower.com - and check routinely.  I got my gown NWT on oncewed this spring. Look for gowns in your size (like the one you tried on) and above - it can always be brought in.

You look great already - no need for roller-coaster workouts, but go to the gym if you enjoy it (stress relief!) and to start a healthy routine (this is my mom speaking thru me here).  Laughing
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    I voted for Saffron.  Yeah, it is similar to a lot of what people are wearing, but they're wearing it because it's beautiful.  It shows off your shape really well and the detail is stunning.  Since you can pull it off, I say go for it!  The dress with the bow sash was a little twee, and I didn't care for the tulle on the last one, but that's my taste.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for the first one. But I do love the bottom part of the third dress. They all look good though, so in my mind, you can't make a wrong decision.
  • kkaew816kkaew816 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First....I agree with with marcy and kitte....why do you think you need to lose 10 lbs! You look great! I like the deep sweetheart neckline of the 3rd one, 'Erin', but personally I would be nervous about tearing the tulle....but it does look great on you!  Otherwise I love the 1st too, so I'd vote for both, but I can't so I put my vote in for the 3rd one

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @olivehim - I don't have a pic of the back, didn't think to take one I guess.  I do like that one and think it's fun, but I'm kinda shying away from having a "bigger" type dress in Vegas, even though it does scream Vegas.  I guess I think I just like the other silhouette it seems.

@veittobe & drdifabio - Oh yeah I wouldn't shy away from a used dress, especially one that was made well and is higher end.  drdfabio - Well the cheapest I've found so far is 2 grand, still a little too much unfortunately.  One of the Managers at POB said that she highly doubts that one will ever be in the sample sale, but I will check for sure when they have their next one in Sept.  I will be checking all those sites though routinely!

@those who commented on the lbs part, first thanks for the compliments, nice to hear esp. when I haven't been feeling the greatest about myself lately body wise, didn't even really want to try them on right now but the dresses kept calling my name!:)

2nd on that, I know I don't need to lose a ton of weight or anything, but I just want to be in my best shape for our wedding day.  You know how it is, jeans start getting tight etc.  I don't want to even have that be a thought on that day ya know. 

@kiTTE- Trust me, I try every time time to just maintain instead of doing the whole rollercoaster thing, but every time I slowly but surely stop working out after I get to where I want to be.  This time, I'm going to do my best to keep it up this time to maintain it!
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me ask those that voted for the Saffron this, if the Jim Heljm fit me better, would you like that one just as much as the Saffron?  Or do you think you'd still like the Saffron better?  Here is the model in the JH: (not that I'd look like the model persay when I'm in better shape, but just trying to give you an idea)
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, your shape is beautiful.  Both dresses look fantastic on you now, just as you are.  That said, the Hjelm seems to be made of a fabric with more flow to it and the silhouette from the back is nicer than the Saffron, although I do love the detail on the Saffron.  I guess the thing that throws me off with the Hjelm is the sash, I just find it unnecessary, and the bodice below the chest is very plain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards