Ohio-Cincinnati

Engagement Photo problems

Just venting....We booked a photographer through Daniel Michael, I was a little iffy on him but we love his work so we decided to use him. I am now trying to get my engagement photos done to use for our save the dates that need to be sent out soon (we have a lot of out of town guests). We tried to book for a couple weeks ago when the leaves were changing and still on the trees. He said he was booked up and we booked for this past Sunday. Since it rained the entire day and we were having them done outside I called to see if he had another location to go to. He said that we had to reschedule since that is his favorite place to shoot. Now we have to wait until December 14th to have the pics done. I am afraid it will be to cold to take them outside and I wanted to get the save the dates out before the end of the year. I am frustrated because since he lives 45 minutes out of town that he will only come in to do the pictures when he has a lot of other people booked for that day. He also stated that the photos will only take about 20 to 30 minutes. That worries me, all my friends who have taken engagement photos have had it take an hour to do. I just do not want to have waited to get them taken and have them be rushed and have the same pictures as everyone else.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photo problems

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?

I wouldnt stress too much about it. I can almost promise you that it will take longer than 20-30 minutes to shoot the photos, unless you are only doing one location then I guess it wouldnt take too terribly long. I have seen some really great photos taken outside when its cold.

You should be sure to have an open line of communication with your photographer. Voice your concerns to him and ask every question you can possibly think of so that there are no surprises. Good luck :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I understand your frustration because we were really set on having our pics outside to capture the changing leaves.  But, our favorites were a close up and a B&W which didn't really show the leaf colors.  If you are shooting in a location that has cool architecture like Eden Park or something like that then the season won't make that much of a difference.  Besides, it might be a good idea to wait until after the Holidays to send the Save The Date cards so that they don't get lost in everyone's Holiday card mail. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vendygirl921Vendygirl921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw ditch the man and call my photographer. He was wonderful he takes you to serveral places and he listens to what you want. 

He was wonderful. He did our Engagement phots and the wedding for a decent price. He will work with you price wise AND he is fast with great quality. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mroberts2012mroberts2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ i'm with her but book MY photographer haha. :)www.rachelspearsphotography.com she's super flexible and IMO, dirt cheap.
  • thwinstelthwinstel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did ditch them and I am going with the person I originally really wanted but did not think we could afford. Thanks!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

ohhh who did you pick?!

I met with daniel michael and he seemed a little goofy to me. Thats funny though that ePics werent going to take an hour, but his info session takes an hour and a half - he must like to talk!

I hope your pictures turn out great, I know photography is something I stress about too- and no one wants to do that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards