March 2012 Weddings

Anyone doing your seating chart like this?

If so how are you doing it? Like how are your printing them out? This sort of thing is so not my forte. What program do you make it with? How do you print it? What are you printing it on?

EDIT: And just for the record I am required to do a seating chart in one way or another.

Re: Anyone doing your seating chart like this?

• Do you think it is a mistake to not have a seating chart. I only have about 60 guests and I was thinking of just letting it be a free for all since it is culinary stations instead of a sit down dinner...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • i just went to a wedding where they did this! it was set up right when you enter the banquet hall.  They had it printed with a watermark of their dogs dressed in tuxedos in as their back ground.  I thought it was beautiful!  but it was confusing as some guests didnt notice it or if they did they didnt look close enough to realize what it was.  i suggest maybe also having it in your cocktail hour because people are more likely to look at it and stop versus if it was something u pass on the way in...then you can also put it in the reception room after!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The general TK consensus is that seating scrolls like the one you have pictured hold up seating the guests because everyone is trying to look for their name.  Just something to consider if you have a large guest list.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i am not sure where she printed them out if you want i can ask her....i know staples and fed/ex kinkos prints posters size and so does walgreens. 

@Lisa- I dont think its a big deal but I am laid back like that but i do think that your guests will expect it so maybe when you can have an usher or maitre d tell people as they walk in just so they know. And also if everyone gets along and there will be no awkward like is it ok if we sit here type situations it will be ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am actually not doing a seating chart. I figure my guest can decide who they want to sit with.
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm doing a seating chart almost exactly like this one, in fact this is one of my inspiration pictures. We're getting married in the Castle courtyard. Between the courtyard where our ceremony is and the reception in the Castle there is a large patio/courtyard. I will have the sign there, by the doors leading into the reception. I can't see why it would take guests more than a few seconds to look under the letter of their last name. Either way, they have an hour to do it before the reception starts, so I don't think it will be the slightest bit of a problem and we have a 200 person guest list.

I obviously haven't made it yet because the format will vary depending on our guests the RSVP. I'll make it in Publisher most likely, save it to a flash drive, and take it to either Office Max or Kinkos to get it printed. I already have the large frame and tripod stand it will sit on. I think it's classy and you should totally do it. :) Although, I of course have a biased opinion. I'd be happy to email you the format once I make it after our February 2 RSVP deadline.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No seating chart here either...mine is more like yours Lisa...stations with no real rhyme or reason...we actually have just some "tall boys or high boys" whatever they are called that people can congregate together. I am sure if I posted that on Etiquette or something they would throw a tizzy but it works best for the feel of the wedding I am having and the overall atmosphere of the space.

With that said, I like the seating chart board but as a PP mentioned I would put it in your cocktail hour so people can look at it then...on the way in may create a traffic jam or something! Just a thought, I do like it though!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • w+c3w+c3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my venue is the way that you walk in the doors and there is a little fireplcae and seating area and then they will have a welcome type table right by the entrance of the ballroom. The guests can't miss it.

So I can either do a table like this bride did with all the cards or I can do one that was shown in my original post. I would personally think it would be way easier to walk up to the sign find my letter and look rather than skim through all the cards trying to find where my letter starts then finding my name. I mean they will be in alphabetical order, but there won't be dividers between letters. So that is why I may be leaning towards the chart.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-seating-chart-like-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:b835e537-200d-4ace-bf33-e378f18ced22Post:9fa164c1-dbce-4a01-bb27-5afac714c521">Re: Anyone doing your seating chart like this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing a seating chart almost exactly like this one, in fact this is one of my inspiration pictures. We're getting married in the Castle courtyard. Between the courtyard where our ceremony is and the reception in the Castle there is a large patio/courtyard. I will have the sign there, by the doors leading into the reception. I can't see why it would take guests more than a few seconds to look under the letter of their last name. Either way, they have an hour to do it before the reception starts, so I don't think it will be the slightest bit of a problem and we have a 200 person guest list. I obviously haven't made it yet because the format will vary depending on our guests the RSVP. I'll make it in Publisher most likely, save it to a flash drive, and take it to either Office Max or Kinkos to get it printed. I already have the large frame and tripod stand it will sit on. I think it's classy and you should totally do it. :) Although, I of course have a biased opinion.<strong> I'd be happy to email you the format once I make it after our February 2 RSVP deadline.
    </strong>Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

That could be awesome! I have a February 1 deadline! Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-seating-chart-like-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:b835e537-200d-4ace-bf33-e378f18ced22Post:fa491519-3ce8-4e13-abc4-b68c7be26496">Re: Anyone doing your seating chart like this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my venue is the way that you walk in the doors and there is a little fireplcae and seating area and then they will have a welcome type table right by the entrance of the ballroom. The guests can't miss it. So I can either do a table like this bride did with all the cards or I can do one that was shown in my original post.<strong> I would personally think it would be way easier to walk up to the sign find my letter and look rather than skim through all the cards trying to find where my letter starts then finding my name. I mean they will be in alphabetical order, but there won't be dividers between letters. So that is why I may be leaning towards the chart</strong>.
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. Plus, where our chart will be is the same place I'd want the cards and I think it will look so much classier in that particular location with a chart, rather than a table with hundreds of cards on it. There's a really nice place for the cards at the front of the castle, but guests will be entering the reception from the back of the castle, so it would be awkward if they had to walk through the reception to the front to find their card.

I'll definitely send you my format sometime early to mid Februrary. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will be doing something similar to this as well.  I think that if you have it alphabetized it should be pretty quick for people to figure out which table they are at.  If you have a super large guest list, or are more worried about a bottleneck, then you could print 2 off and have them on either side of the door.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards