Snarky Brides

Bus Boyfriend

From the Best of Craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/1985552272.html

P&R - and a long read, but holy balls.  I needed a cigarette after reading this, and I don't even smoke.
panther

Re: Bus Boyfriend

• Whoa. This person takes riding the bus and who they sit next to seriously. I just go into Zen-mode and pretend I'm not smelling the smells I'm smelling, seeing the sights I'm seeing, etc. 
    Photobucket
  • Girl (I think it was a girl?) rides a bus everyday, has a flirtatious fling with a mysterious rider who smells really, really good. She hasn't seen him in a while and has decided she doesn't want him, but rather just wants to sit next to him to smell him. It's really descriptive and wordy and the author is trying to sound clever when really they sound kinda like a babbling psycho.
    Photobucket
  • THat is friggin hilarious!

I, too, would appreciate a good-smelling person on the bus though. That IS a rarity to be savored. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • She sounds almost stalkerish. I've ridden that bus before.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bus-boyfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cc5fb545-0584-440a-99eb-199838a6d907Post:b7cbae5d-c187-4314-be99-f8d9b697ad4c">Re: Bus Boyfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow...ok yeah, I take back my request for C+P.  Sounds like it might violate to TOS.
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]<div>
    Haha, it wasn't that creepy, but really I'm just a reading fail who thought you said C +N (as in, cliff and notes..?) and thought you meant CN, instead of C&P haha. It's too long and annoying to C&P.</div>
    Photobucket
  • ConKFA319ConKFA319 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    This line made me LoL.

"Do you KNOW how many people are drunk when they get on the bus, Bus Boyfriend? On the number 11 through downtown Seattle, 10% of the passengers are intoxicated, and they smell like it. And they sit next to me, Bus Boyfriend. Like you used to sit, only significanly closer and with more chutzpah and less shame."

Welcome to public transportation, sweetheart. My bus riding experience is like that only there's this one REALLY ANGRY guy who screams obscenities every time the bus stops for any reason - red light, bus stop, pulling into Port Authority...

She is a little creepy. I love how she keeps referring to him as Bus Boyfriend, like that's his actual name. And that title is mad stalker-ish.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bus-boyfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cc5fb545-0584-440a-99eb-199838a6d907Post:35f238d0-eb50-47d9-85e2-faf1a333a30e">Re: Bus Boyfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]This line made me LoL. "Do you KNOW how many people are drunk when they get on the bus, Bus Boyfriend? On the number 11 through downtown Seattle, 10% of the passengers are intoxicated, and they smell like it. And they sit next to me, Bus Boyfriend. Like you used to sit, only significanly closer and with more chutzpah and less shame."<strong> Welcome to public transportation, sweetheart. </strong>My bus riding experience is like that only there's this one REALLY ANGRY guy who screams obscenities every time the bus stops for any reason - red light, bus stop, pulling into Port Authority... She is a little creepy. I love how she keeps referring to him as Bus Boyfriend, like that's his actual name. And that title is mad stalker-ish.
    Posted by ConKFA319[/QUOTE]<div>
    Thank-you! This was my reaction too. I just think she's whiny.</div>
    Photobucket
  • haha. I love it.  There was a guy I always sat next to when I rode the bus. I think we had an unspoken agreement to be busneighbors, because we were the only ones who showered, and weren't drunk/stoned.
  • Ahhhh! My husband rides the 11 sometimes! (He can't be Bus Boyfriend, though, he has no soul patch.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bus-boyfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cc5fb545-0584-440a-99eb-199838a6d907Post:fa493ae6-d690-4139-aca1-091386f882f6">Re: Bus Boyfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha. I love it.  There was a guy I always sat next to when I rode the bus. I think we had an unspoken agreement to be busneighbors, because we were the only ones who showered, and weren't drunk/stoned.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>I always sit next to the 40-60 y.o. woman and they always give me this look like, "Thank-you."</div>
    Photobucket
  • wowwww. her comments about her and her bf... just wow.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bus-boyfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cc5fb545-0584-440a-99eb-199838a6d907Post:35f238d0-eb50-47d9-85e2-faf1a333a30e">Re: Bus Boyfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]This line made me LoL. "Do you KNOW how many people are drunk when they get on the bus, Bus Boyfriend? On the number 11 through downtown Seattle, 10% of the passengers are intoxicated, and they smell like it. And they sit next to me, Bus Boyfriend. Like you used to sit, only significanly closer and with more chutzpah and less shame." Welcome to public transportation, sweetheart. My bus riding experience is like that only there's this one REALLY ANGRY guy who screams obscenities every time the bus stops for any reason - red light, bus stop, pulling into Port Authority... <strong>She is a little creepy. I love how she keeps referring to him as Bus Boyfriend, like that's his actual name. And that title is mad stalker-ish.</strong>
    Posted by ConKFA319[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>yes yes yes!! hahahaha</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bus-boyfriend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cc5fb545-0584-440a-99eb-199838a6d907Post:244ca248-7a13-46b8-ae0d-da1c447990e5">Re: Bus Boyfriend</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bus Boyfriend : I always sit next to the 40-60 y.o. woman and they always give me this look like, "Thank-you."
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

haha I have the same strategy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • I might have turned down my Shuffle so you wouldn't know that I was listening to Mr. Mister.

Well. Now you just confessed to that.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • LOL! I used to have the biggest crush on a guy on my bus.  and then this really weird coincidence happened:

1 year after I stopped riding that bus, my receptionist was a bridesmaid in her sister's wedding. she showed me the photos. lo and behold, her sister married my bus boyfriend! we all had a good laugh over that.

I even let the receptionist tell her sister / brother-in-law about me. there was no worry there, we didn't ride that bus any more. they thought it was pretty funny too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards