African American Weddings
Options

wedding bands

which do you ladies prefer??? seperates or a set??? i love my ring but its kinda hard to find a band to go with it....everything i like is either to flashy or my ring takes away from the band....i thought about going with a set and just have my ring mounted on a different setting....what are you ladies doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding bands

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My ring is SUPER hard to put something with it that sits fliush but luckily i found something i loved that i could wear with my e-ring or without and it's still fabulous. I had to be open to my band not being "perfectly fit" to my e-ring but i LOVE my decision

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI says i'm being to "flashy"  that i should just get a plain and simple white gold band and call it a day smh...every band i've looked at the sales man always tells me the e-ring is over powering the band. thats why i figured if i got a set and just had it mounted then it would look better but i dunno Undecided.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm keeping mine separate.  FI got my ring made by a guy in Chicago and I'm going to have him make my wedding band, but it's not going to sit flush against the engagement ring since it's not a set and I prefer it that way.  I actually like having a little gap between the two.  Plus, not to sound like a snob at all, but my e-ring is kind of big and I can see myself wanting to just wear my band on some days since my e-ring likes to get caught on things sometimes.  If I wear the band by itself I didn't want to have a curved ring on my finger.  But that's just me!  I think pretty much any e-ring is going to "overpower' the band since it's more flashy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a set.  I picked it out.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will have a separate band - it's being custom made to fit perfectly against my e-ring. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have a set, FI picked it out and he did a good job!! I love it Smile

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-bands-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2a5f8aea-efb6-4f37-b0e9-6937290bbb62Post:f834e8fd-1704-44e3-8f78-9eea2b7d8e26">Re: wedding bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm keeping mine separate.  FI got my ring made by a guy in Chicago and I'm going to have him make my wedding band, but it's not going to sit flush against the engagement ring since it's not a set and I prefer it that way.  I actually like having a little gap between the two.  Plus, not to sound like a snob at all, but my e-ring is kind of big and I can see myself wanting to just wear my band on some days since my e-ring likes to get caught on things sometimes.  If I wear the band by itself I didn't want to have a curved ring on my finger.  But that's just me! <strong><font color="#ff0000"> I think pretty much any e-ring is going to "overpower' the band since it's more flashy.
    </font></strong>Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I though it was supposed to be overpowered because usually the e-ring has the big ole rock! lol.

I'm getting an enhancer. It will be fixed to match perfertly. Can't wear an enhancer by itself, but I can just wear my e-ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried my ring on with several different bands, but I personally didnt like any of them because it looked too separate. With the gap in between, it looked like it didn't even belong together. So I got an enhancer (or double band is what I call it). My FI picked it out & it really compliments my e-ring. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine came as a set with a double band and the e ring fits in the middle.
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have to have my bands custom made for my ring.  There is no other way.  I definitely am planning on going back to the desginer to have them create something for me.  We will see what they come up with.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards