Not Engaged Yet

If you care about Harry Potter...

...then I thought you might like to know that the trailer for Part 2 of the Deathly Hallows is out.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandthedeathlyhallowspart2/

What do you think?

Re: If you care about Harry Potter...

• lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!!! It looks soooo awesome!!!
    However, I hate to see it come to an end. When the 7th book came out, I was sad, but at least knew there would be the movies that were left. Now its all going to be over, and I'm feeling pretty bummed out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I CARE SO MUCH!  I wanted to see it when it was on TV last night but I kept missing it. THANK YOU!!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:113385db-9cfe-4106-a2ec-1488581286c6">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!!!!! It looks soooo awesome!!! However, I hate to see it come to an end. When the 7th book came out, I was sad, but at least knew there would be the movies that were left. Now its all going to be over, and I'm feeling pretty bummed out.
    Posted by lmwilber[/QUOTE]

Ditto, Wilber.  I think this may be the first movie since Chamber of Secrets that I don't see at a midnight premier.  I'm really looking forward to it, but part of me is also dreading it, so I may put off seeing it for a couple weeks. 
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking forward to it. It's a huge bummer that there won't be any more, though. GAH. Can't wait to see the trailer. Can't watch at work. Tongue out
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:55fed29c-0550-4e09-912c-2244c5a346cb">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : Ditto, Wilber.  I think this may be the first movie since Chamber of Secrets that I don't see at a midnight premier.  I'm really looking forward to it, <strong>but part of me is also dreading it,</strong> so I may put off seeing it for a couple weeks. 
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Me too :(
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to have to be forcibly removed from the theater after it ends.  And I'm not going to go quietly.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:67559635-c141-4c52-a4cd-dcbb8f404ee0">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm going to have to be forcibly removed from the theater after it ends.  And I'm not going to go quietly.

Elle, maybe if you sit in the theatre long enough, the movie will start again, and you can pretend the HP journey isn't over yet.

Then it will end...and possibly start again...popcorn, rinse, repeat. You could be like a crazy cat lady, only with HP, and just sit there and marinate.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:4f93ee71-8caa-4425-8633-aa2711e8ce3a">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : Elle, maybe if you sit in the theatre long enough, the movie will start again, and you can pretend the HP journey isn't over yet. Then it will end...and possibly start again...popcorn, rinse, repeat. You could be like a crazy cat lady, only with HP, and just sit there and marinate.
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought about that possibility.  I'll definitely be looking for ways to prolong the experience.

No lie, guys, I went through the 5 stages of grief after I finished reading the 7th book.  I was an emotional mess for almost a month. 
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:e5851760-5b30-4fd5-a3bb-f4f143c6d048">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : Haha, I thought about that possibility.  I'll definitely be looking for ways to prolong the experience. No lie, guys, I went through the 5 stages of grief after I finished reading the 7th book.  I was an emotional mess for almost a month. 

My mom, sister and I all cried like babies when we finished the last book. We now have Hogsmeade weekend every October, where everyone we know that loves the books and movies comes over for trivia, games, and HPish food. Three years running my sister has tried to figure out a recipe for butter beer.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:ecaa14e4-1927-4f14-930d-30f1b78f510e">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : My mom, sister and I all cried like babies when we finished the last book. We now have Hogsmeade weekend every October, where everyone we know that loves the books and movies comes over for trivia, games, and HPish food. Three years running my sister has tried to figure out a recipe for butter beer.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

I would like to join your family, please.
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I are having a two day HP marathon (with a sleep over) leading up to the midnight premiere. We're watching all the movies and AVPM, with HP foods. Totally stoked! 

In relation to the trailer, why are Harry and Voldemort jumping off a cliff??
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can't watch is yet! I have just started on the books and I am about 20% done with the 4th book. As I finish a book I watch the movie so I don't want to watch the trailer until after I am done with the 7th book and have watched part one. I will be done with all the books and movies before part 2 comes out though.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why is it in 3D? I am not a fan of 3D everywhere (the glasses bother me). I'll have to seek out the good ol' 2D showing.
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:8323d180-e940-48d0-ac6b-e77e6277e150">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is it in 3D? I am not a fan of 3D everywhere (the glasses bother me). I'll have to seek out the good ol' 2D showing.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>Because they can charge $2 more for tickets? I really hope one of the theaters has a 2D showing. Movies are expensive enough.</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is why I stock up on movie tickets at Costco. It's still up to $15.50 per pair now, but that's better than $10.50 each at the ticket booth.
    edited December 2011
    Deburnin, I wondered about the cliff thing too.  Also, can I come to your sleepover movie marathon?  I would love to watch AVPM with somebody who can really appreciate it.

Skyler, OMG.  You just have no idea what's in store for you!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Eh.  I am kind of afraid to see it.  The movies have been such a disappointment for me.  However, I will probably go see it, but I have to agree what the hell with jumping off a cliff?  Come on Harry.  And I didn't see the forest anywhere.....  And that is why the movies disappointed me...
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    Looking forward to it but like others have said this is the last one, kind of sad...

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:cbe44aec-cfde-4a47-a1a8-4e2d3eb71f7a">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh.   I am kind of afraid to see it.   The movies have been such a disappointment for me.   However, I will probably go see it, but I have to agree what the hell with jumping off a cliff?   Come on Harry.   And I didn't see the forest anywhere.....   And that is why the movies disappointed me...
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I used to be the same way.  I would get irritated at even the smallest departures from the books.  I've kinda gotten past that, though, and just learned to enjoy seeing another person's vision for the story and how it's been adopted for the screen.  I get excited about the movies because it's just another dose of Harry in my life.

I will say, though, that I still get really annoyed when I hear something to the effect of "Oh, I <em>love</em> Harry Potter.  I've seen all the movies so many times!"  Ummm, no.  Sorry, but liking the movies doesn't make you a Harry Potter fan.  So there.
  • kibo8kibo8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO excited! I was at school all day today and the comps there don't have sound. I was a little mad that BF had seen the trailer before I had lol. It looks amazing, even though the cliff scene is odd. I won't judge until I watch it.

I was texting my friend that I am going to the WWoHP with and I was like... we are doing that in May, the movie comes out in July... what then? :'(
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:032afe03-463b-43e3-b2e8-e19d95598570">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : I used to be the same way.  I would get irritated at even the smallest departures from the books.  I've kinda gotten past that, though, and just learned to enjoy seeing another person's vision for the story and how it's been adopted for the screen.  I get excited about the movies because it's just another dose of Harry in my life. I will say, though, that I still get really annoyed when I hear something to the effect of "Oh, I love Harry Potter.  I've seen all the movies so many times!"  Ummm, no.  Sorry, but liking the movies doesn't make you a Harry Potter fan.  So there.
    I am such a hard core classic that I just can't get past this.  Except for LotR.   I loved those movies.  For the most part I won't watch the movie if I have read the book if the book is really good.  I guess I am too close minded. lol :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Elle....I thought of you:
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_care-harry-potter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec3b45f-075d-4a48-96c9-0df29e25673bPost:032afe03-463b-43e3-b2e8-e19d95598570">Re: If you care about Harry Potter...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you care about Harry Potter... : I used to be the same way.  I would get irritated at even the smallest departures from the books.  I've kinda gotten past that, though, and just learned to enjoy seeing another person's vision for the story and how it's been adopted for the screen.  I get excited about the movies because it's just another dose of Harry in my life. I will say, though, that I still get really annoyed when I hear something to the effect of "Oh, I love Harry Potter.  I've seen all the movies so many times!"  Ummm, no.  <strong>Sorry, but liking the movies doesn't make you a Harry Potter fan.</strong>  So there.

SO true. BF won't read the books, because he "knows the whole story from the movies"...NO, that is only, like, half of the story. It's a good half, but it's only half!
    edited December 2011
    Peek -  WHERE did you find that?  I must have it.

Sousa - I also hate it when people say "I don't want to read the books because I didn't really like the movies."  Again, I say:  they're NOT the same!  I don't actually think I would like the movies all that much if I weren't so in love with the books.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I found it on Pinterest - it's a sickness.

But a quick google search produced it HERE
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    I siriusly think I might order it.  There's another one that says "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" and I want that one, too.  But then it also says you can custom order it, so maybe I should get one with "Dumbledore's Army" or "I am not worried, Harry.  I am with you."

Oooh, decisions, decisions.
  • kibo8kibo8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote Dumbledore's Army!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards