May 2012 Weddings

Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?

Is anyone doing anything for their grand exit like having your guests blow bubbles? throw birdseed? throw flower petals?

I just thought of this and part of me doesn't want to do anything, but part of me kind of wants something. I know my family will be looking for something to throw/blow (lol) but I don't know if its something that I really should think about or just skip.

I also hate the idea of anything that could get stuck in my hair, so for that reason I like the bubbles. I'm looking for any other idea of what we could.....

imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_your-grand-exit-bubblesbirdseed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1474a5b5-e25c-4ab9-8a51-194a98b20f71Post:9ea705fc-7dc3-443e-805e-6b8048b3bc95">Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone doing anything for their grand exit like having your guests blow bubbles? throw birdseed? throw<strong> flower petals</strong>? Posted by cpm1223[/QUOTE]

bahahaha  i read flower <em>pots</em> and i was like wth?!

we're having our guests wave glowsticks because they're not allowed to throw anything.  plus, some friends of ours did it at their wedding and the pictures turned out awesome. (they're the long 22" glowsticks that you can bend into a necklace <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Necklaces-Assorted-Colors-Glowsticks/dp/B00501LMGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334670769&sr=8-1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">clicky </a>)

we're also driving away on FI's motorcycle (in my siggy pic) while our guests wave glowsticks at us for our getaway!  it should be pretty awesome :)
  • Oh crap, I should have written for your ceremony exit.

Glowsticks for the reception exit would be so cool! I've seen sparklers and I really like them, but I'm a little concerned about anything catching on fire!
    imageimage
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • We have ribbon wands for our guests to wave in the air. Super quick and easy to make! 
  • n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_your-grand-exit-bubblesbirdseed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1474a5b5-e25c-4ab9-8a51-194a98b20f71Post:d311b9f7-7e55-4936-b175-2705360f4cec">Re: Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have ribbon wands for our guests to wave in the air. Super quick and easy to make! 
    Posted by sfylstra[/QUOTE]

Love this idea!
    imageimage
  • we're doing roses. im scared of getting knocked out with birdseed lol
  • Our guests will be throwing lavender at us! It's the same shape and size as rice, but smells incredible and isn't slippery to walk on.

Good luck! There's so many options out there!
  • We are doing sparklers for our reception exit... not planning anything for the ceremony exit!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_your-grand-exit-bubblesbirdseed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1474a5b5-e25c-4ab9-8a51-194a98b20f71Post:aa6d685d-0199-4bdc-a384-5b151865777a">Re: Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Oh crap, I should have written for your ceremony exit.</strong> Glowsticks for the reception exit would be so cool! I've seen sparklers and I really like them, but I'm a little concerned about anything catching on fire!
    Posted by cpm1223[/QUOTE]

ooohhhhhh...... hmm... no plans for the ceremony exit.
  • We're also doing ribbon wands. They're a little time consuming (we made 100) but they're easy and inexpensive.

I didn't want anything that would have to be cleaned up as our ceremony and cocktail hour space are the same. I liked the idea of bubbles but was afraid of having to move the ceremony inside and not being able to use them.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We did ribbon wands. Took one afternoon with my BM's and we had almost 100 done. We aren't allowed to throw anything at our site either.

They were really easy to do... wooden dowels that my FI cut down to size for me. A hot glue gun and some ribbon and we were done! :)
    Anniversary
  • We are not doing any exits...from the church we are leaving immidiatly after the ceremony. READ: before guests get out of thier seats....as soon as we walk back down that isle we are walking right out the door and going to take pictures. For the ceremony I am actually kind of hoping to sneak out early, (9:30) after everything is done, the reception isnt over till 10, but my mom figures people will leave around 9:30 and/or after they realize we are gone. I hate goodbyes and I hate superficial conversation so staying around waiting for everyone to tell me they are leaving soon seems like a huge uneccissary chore to me (as I will greet everyone at some point in the reception anyways...table walks are planned), and I dont want a big exit. (plus our photographers leave at 9 so we wouldnt have any pictures anyways).

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• For our reception exit we are doing glow sticks. I'm scared (and have seen) sparklers catch a dress on fire. I odn't want anything in my hair or thrown at me and I hear bubbles can stain your dress.

We aren't doing anything for the ceremony exit. I have never heard of 2 of them.
  • We are using ecofetti in tossing cones that will be hanging from the chairs, so they double as decor.  It also dissolves in water so the venue doesn't have to worry about major cleanup. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing a bubble exit after the ceremony. I think it should make for cute pics! We're not doing an exit from the reception though.
  • we are releasing butterflies (which i know a lot of people on TK is against it and i will probably get s-hit for) but the whole theme was butterflies and i thought it would be awesome.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_your-grand-exit-bubblesbirdseed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1474a5b5-e25c-4ab9-8a51-194a98b20f71Post:1d6f1ba2-16f5-4114-85a9-400248eb468d">Re: Your grand exit-bubbles?birdseed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are releasing butterflies (which i know a lot of people on TK is against it and i will probably get s-hit for) but the whole theme was butterflies and i thought it would be awesome.
    Posted by XxKrazy4u[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid of butterflies and pretty much any other insect especailly ones that fly! So I could never do that I'd be terrified!
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_your-grand-exit-bubblesbirdseed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:1474a5b5-e25c-4ab9-8a51-194a98b20f71Post:220de03a-b215-4b86-aa5f-edf10492baf2">Re:Your grand exitbubbles?birdseed?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing a bubble exit after the ceremony. I think it should make for cute pics! We're not doing an exit from the reception though.
    Posted by LDW0225[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Unless someone else has this up their sleeve we won't have anything, but I love the sparker or ribbon idea.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are going to be doing a petal toss after all the guests are dismissed when we head to the getaway limo.  Our venue says since it is outside and we are using real petals we don't have to clean them up, so that is nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards