Virginia

General idea of costs in Hampton Roads

I realize a lot of this depends on how extravagant you go, but about how much can I expect to pay for flowers, a JOP, cake, and DJ? It will not be a large wedding - only 50-60 guests.

I'm only in the very beginning stages (trying to book venue/catering) and I'm trying to get a rough idea on what to budget.

Thanks!
This is my siggy.

Re: General idea of costs in Hampton Roads

• It all varies on your location. I live in the Richmond area and was looking at having my wedding in northern VA for awhile where the prices are a bit higher. Dj is in the 7501500 range, JOP varies, cake is anywhere from 3.754.50 per slice, and flowers can be pricy. I am not sure what a reasonable flower budget is, we are doing silk flowers for the BP and centerpieces for 300. The reception is going to be the most expensive thing figure out what you are going to serve and then procede from there. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_general-idea-of-costs-in-hampton-roads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:5832b623-8a58-4c52-8265-a49c03884ae5Post:2c9fb467-cb35-47a3-ac2b-7f21816aac3d">General idea of costs in Hampton Roads</a>:
    [QUOTE]I realize a lot of this depends on how extravagant you go, but about how much can I expect to pay for flowers, a JOP, cake, and DJ? It will not be a large wedding - only 50-60 guests. I'm only in the very beginning stages (trying to book venue/catering) and I'm trying to get a rough idea on what to budget. Thanks!
    Posted by BowiesInSpace[/QUOTE]

Hey Bowies! I recognize you from the Nest!  I didn't know you were in the HR area!  I'm getting married in 9 days and am trying to keep things small and inexpensive as well!  Here's my vendor breakdown.
    Flowers (bouquet, bout, 4 centerpieces, and a cake topper): $215
    Cake (2 tiers): $129
    Photography (my splurge b/c 1st marriage photos SUCKED): $1000 but the photographer is a friend of mine and she's offering me a discount. 

My venue is my apartment clubhouse and I'm having a co-worker's husband who is a minister to marry us.  We're not having dancing either, so I can't help you with those vendors.  Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • Craigslist has really inexpensive djs, though I can't vouch for one, but it's worth taking a shot. My cousin spent a bunch on her dj & it turns out she was completely dissatisfied with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards