Tomorrow about to go see 3 venues

Chalet on the Hudson
Villa Borghese
Arbor Ridge Caterers

Let me know your opinion on these venues

Thanks

Re: Tomorrow about to go see 3 venues

• edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with any of those, sorry.  But, have a wonderful day- you've got some great wedding hunting weather!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont know any of them but have passed villa borghese and it looks beautiful from the outside!
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i got married at the Villa Borghese in May and was very happy.  PM me if you have any questions
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry  ,  i've never been to any of those ,  Godd Luck !
  • timelady77timelady77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Villa Borghese is very nice. We looked there. But the woman we dealt with, Karen, was very off putting for us. She kept bad mouthing the other venues in the area, instead of selling her place on how great it was. That was the deal breaker for us.
  • edited December 2011
    timelady- that is terrible. I really had no dealings with Karen til the end, where I just asked her questions.  Everything else I did through Paul, who is the owners son and I liked him.  where did you wind up booking? I don't remember
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at all those places! How did your visits go?

We ended up booking elsewhere, but for various reasons.

Chalet on the Hudson we really liked. (Didn't like where the dance floor was, but figured we would pay for uplighting so that "dancing" pictures would have a nice background.) It ended up in our top 7, but since we wanted the evening, my dad didn't like the fact that the restaurant would be open, And it would have cost too mush to close it down for the night.) Also, the logistics of shuttles and transportation and time would have needed to be worked out.

Villa Borghese was where my cousin was married. She had what I call the "medium" room. We didn't have enough people for the "big" room, I didn't like the "small" room. But I did like the "medium" room. But since it's where my cousin had her wedding, we decided to pass. The upstairs cocktail room could have been reserved, which would make it different, but that said that if it rained and they had an outdoor ceremony scheduled, they would get the upstairs for the ceremony and our cocktail hour would be bumped to the main cocktail hour room. Which would have been exactly like my cousin's wedding. So we decided to pass.

Arbor Ridge was a strong contender in the beginning. And then we went there for New Years eve. And we immediately crossed it off our list. PM if you want details.
  • timelady77timelady77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chrisnjay- We did meet Paul while we were there and he was very nice. We ended up booking at the Pok Grand, which we fell in love with almost from the start.
  • edited December 2011
    timelady-pok grand is a great venue!!
  • edited December 2011

Well I liked Chalet on the Hudson I met with Steve the owner and Villa Borghese I also met Paul too they both were  nice no pressure.Arbor Ridge I was not impress at all  I need to see one more venue Pok Grandview I was thinking about this venue too my job had a Christmas dinner there and then I will make my decision. Thank you so much ladys for your input.

• edited December 2011
    That's great! Have fun! The Grandview is beautiful! But Chalet on the Hudson and Villa Borghese are also really nice!

ps - sent you a PM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards