• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

honeymoons!

So I am really bored at work today, and am starting to think about our honeymoon.  I want an amazing maybe even exotic honeymoon the winter after we get married, so, next winter.  Ideas?!  We're getting married in august, and may do a 'mini-moon', then do something more exotic in the winter when it is cold here.  What's your honeymoon plan? 

Re: honeymoons!

• leahluleahlu member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I don't have one yet, I need ideas too.

Right now we are thinking Hawaii, I've always dreamed of going there. However I know it can be a pretty expensive place.
  • edited December 2011
    We talked Hawaii for a few months, then talked Costa Rica.  Now we are talking just going to Cancun to a really nice resort.  Hawaii is very expensive.  We like to go out and each drink there is about $10-$13 so we are now thinking of going to an All-Inclusive so we know how much it is and don't need to think Oh my gosh we just spent $x last week on this weeding now we can't do anything.

Some ideas: Costa Rica, Fiji, Bora Bora
  • amberh0515amberh0515 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We've been thinking about Cruises. A 14 day cruise is half the price of Sandals!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We didn't plan our minimoon at all.  We just checked last minute deals and found a really good deal on flights to Washington DC.  Not only was that a bargain, but many of the things to do there (museums, monuments, walking tours) are all free.  We talked the hotel (the Palamar) into a free upgrade because it was our honeymoon, and then they recommended some really fantastic places to eat not too far away.  It was a great trip.

We're planning on going to New Zealand sometime next year for the offical honeymoon, but we haven't made any plans yet.
  • edited December 2011
    we're going to costa rica in september. found cheap airfare on kayak.com, talked about it for all of about 5 minutes and took the plunge! Now we're having fun planning the trip. There's so much to do there - beaches, rainforests, volcanos, coffee plantations, mountains, etc. It's going to be quite the adventure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July, so planning a "mini-moon" right after (which I'm not allowed to know about) and then we are planning a Sandals or some other all inclusive in January. Right now Sandals is looking pretty good. We are looking at a variety of places. If you go to the Sandals website they will send you a huge booklet of all of their places to look at. Or they have everything on-line too, with prices and all. Right now they are selling 2011 trips at the 2010 discounted rate, so it's a pretty good deal!
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I really want to go to the Bay Islands of Honduras.  Laguna Beach Resort is fabulous, and incredibly affordable.  They are having some economy issues, but that doesn't affect the islands like it does the mainland.

It is so beautiful!  And extremely reasonable in price for an all-expenses paid trip.
    http://www.utila.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to Jamaica.  We got an AWESOME deal over Labor Day weekend.  We are going to a Sandals resort.  I am guessing they will have more deals maybe over Christmas, Memorial Day.  It was on a whim when FI checked the website but we got 60% off of what we would have paid!  Pretty amazing if you ask me.  Our friends have been to this resort so we have heard really good things about it.  I could check it out!
  • likr0401likr0401 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
     Maui, Hawaii!!!

We lucked out and found some absolutely amazing deals for flights and hotel!  Just watch travel websites and maybe even get in contact with a travel agent with your ideas.  We used an agent through AAA and she was very helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Hilton Head Island, SC and loved it!  No long plane rides, pretty beaches, and very low stress.  We stayed in a home in Sea Pines, and there are places for rent for a lot of differnt price ranges.  We spent about 2 weeks but it would be good for a mini - moon too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards