Indiana-Indianapolis

Wedding reception venue for 6070 guests. Help!

We are planning our wedding for May 2013. So far I've had a hard time finding an affordable space for our reception for 60 guests. Most places I have contacted are too big or require at least 100 guests. Prefer an indoor space. Any suggestions??

Re: Wedding reception venue for 6070 guests. Help!

• Try Rick's Boatyard on the westside? They are right on Eagle Creek Reservoir.

• indyindy member
    First Comment
    Have you tried Winchester Place in Greenwood? Or the Columns in Greenwood which is owned by The Atrium.
  • Try local clubs, like the Lion's Club and such. They don't have heavy restrictions.
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crown Room, in Brownsburg :) Hope this helps!!!
  • Crown Room, in Brownsburg :) Hope this helps!!!
  • Have you thought about a restaurant setting? I know Maggiano's or Harry and Izzy's have large party rooms. 

Also, the Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield has rooms of all different sizes. If you want a rustic feel, try the Mustard Seed Gardens in Fishers/Noblesville. They have a newly renovated barn that is fantastic. The rest of the grounds are goregous too.
  • I got married at the White River Gardens this past April and had a fairly small wedding (around 100).  Ceremony in the Hilbert Conservatory, reception in the Hulman Riverhouse.  I'm not sure what their catering minimum is but I don't think they require a minimum number of bodies.
  • 60 to 70 people is what are going to have, and I found a site I'm very happy with.
    Now it's not as fancy as the Community Life center or one of the major hotels but I think it has loads of potential. (besides we're definately not fancy people) It's Municiple Gardens city park on Layfayette road near 16th. (Near us) It has a large party room with shiney wooden floors and big picture windows overlooking the river. It has big square brick columns and large iron lantern cages haging from them. Last year I was told that they were going to be installing chandaliers that winter. There is a large kitchen and you can bring your own catering or even cater it yourself and there is adequate parking. Only 2 draw backs; long banquet tables and metal folding chairs are what is provided; and there's no alcohol allowed since it is a city park.
    I really want round tables and don't like the idea of metal chairs at all, but they only charge $60 an hour!  Niether of our families are big drinkers so deciding to ditch alcohol was not a problem. The room is actually maybe too big for that many people but I decided we just wouldn't use the corners of the room.

Wouldn't hurt to go check it out!

Since we had to postpone our event till 2016; I think we will be able to save up enough money to rent the tables and chairs I want.
  • If it's not too far, The Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County has a charming room that holds up to 90 people for a reception.  It's the Allison Peabody room.  My daughter wanted to use it, but it wasn't larg enough so she used their larger room instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards