California-Central

Even though there is NO ONE on this board...

Some recommendations San Luis Obispo area recommendations...

For my cake we decided to go with Madonna Inn. We originally thought they would be ridiculously expensive, however, we went cake tasting there today and they aren't bad. First of all, the tasting was amazing. They gave us a huge amount of cake (we took 2 boxes home!). We ended up ordering an 8" decorated cake for us to cut and a sheet cake that feeds 100-125 and only spent $175!

Also, I highly recommend Giuseppe's restaurant in Pismo for a reception venue (for those of you with smaller weddings, under 100). If you hit the food/beverage budget (for the whole facility it's $2600) there is no rental fee. They set up everything for you and it's a three course meal. Ours ended up being about $30 a plate and the guests get a seated dinner with a salad, pasta dish, and whatever entree you pick!
My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Even though there is NO ONE on this board...

• beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the heads up.

If I hadn't changed my location from Avila/Pismo to the Caribbean...those would be good recommendations!

Maybe somebody else can use them...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at Madonna Inn last summer and really enjoyed our time there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad begged me to have a cake from madonna inn, but I didn't like how they had all that crap on the outside. They are tasty though.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering about a bakery, never even thought of madonna inn! I love that place we always eat there on our way in or outta town!
  • edited December 2011

I live in the area and the Madonna Inn cakes are so good!!!  I would highly recommend their cakes.  I belive their specialty is ther champange cake.  I have had that and their chocolate cake and both are to die for!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards