Florida-South Florida

Has anyone eaten at these restaurants??

Hi ladies! Happy Monday!

As most of you know I am on the hunt for a good casual restaurant with a private room in the Brickell Miami Area for our rehearsal dinner. I found these two places below and really like their menus. Has anyone eaten at these? Do you think they might be good rehearsal dinner spots for a relaxed atmosphere? I appreciate the feedback!

Fado Irish Pub and Restaurant (they have a private room)
http://www.fadoirishpub.com/miami/

Balans Restaurant (I don't think they have a private room)
http://balans.co.uk/Restaurants_Cafes/Brickell.php

I'm still on the hunt so if anyone has any other suggestions, they are welcome to share! Thanks girls!!
*February Siggy*
<3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Has anyone eaten at these restaurants??

• abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry..not familiar with those.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to balans for brunch a few times and it is always great with friendly staff and I love the atmosphere outside. Fados I wouldn't think would be great - I ate here once and maybe it was a bad day but I thought it was gross and ended up leaving and going straight to pashas because I was hungry since I didn't eat my food. Also two of the bartenders were super rude to me. Have you looked at they call me Lolita? Or segafredos? I think blue martini has a separate room but I've never eaten here I just feel like I saw it there one night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_anyone-eaten-restaurants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:e19b9576-0ef3-4c24-9deb-891f85a31a16Post:5767d7e6-a0c8-4d58-8b51-7d8aff6c9a06">Re: Has anyone eaten at these restaurants??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been to balans for brunch a few times and it is always great with friendly staff and I love the atmosphere outside. Fados I wouldn't think would be great - I ate here once and maybe it was a bad day but I thought it was gross and ended up leaving and going straight to pashas because I was hungry since I didn't eat my food. Also two of the bartenders were super rude to me. Have you looked at they call me Lolita? Or segafredos? I think blue martini has a separate room but I've never eaten here I just feel like I saw it there one night.
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

Aw - that stinks about Fados. I'll keep that in mind. I just heard back from Lolita's and their menu and restaurant looks good - they are def on my list! I've never heard of Seagafredos, I'll look into it. I didn't think that Blue Martini had food, but I'll look into it too.

Thanks for the recs!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I have eaten at Balan's and thought the food was great... I have never eaten at Fado but have also had a bad experience with a bartender there.

I am going with Lolitas or with Crazy About You... still trying to decide! Food is very good from what I have experienced :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • naani1326naani1326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think Crazy About you is GREAT! We eat there all the time and have actually attended events there, The view is amazing. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have not but I remember speaking to Lolitas over the phone while venue hunting and they were very nice and their prices were very fair. We ended up doing something different though. 
  • edited December 2011
    I aggree that the food at Balans is great, Fado's is not really a place for a rehearsal dinner - it's a very Irish pubby/bar-hopping kind of place with very loud music lol. I aggree with Lolita's or Crazy About You. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards