Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews 02/21/13 part II : Ceremony Silver Sky Chapel & Reception Wicked Spoon

Ceremony review:

Silver Sky Chapel: B+

Our original wedding coordinator was Veronica and she’s not there anymore. Iliana contacted me in January and told me that she’s our new coordinator. All the communications before the wedding were great. We even did the scouting trip in November and it was fine. Iliana told me that I need to be there at 1:15 because I wanted to use their bridal room to get change. We stayed at The Flamingo and I didn’t want to get my dress dirty before the ceremony because of the walking around the construction.

Well, we walked there and my mom told me it was 12:50 when we started to walk. We got there and Iliana wasn’t there. The pastor Leslie who married us was there. It was weird that he was acting as the coordinator. He told us not in a very nice way that we were one hour early. I thought it was 1:15 so I told him that Iliana told us to be there at 1:15. Apparently it was only 1 pm. He could tell me in a nicer way rather than being a bit mean about it. We were waiting in the hallway and finally he told us we could use the other bridal room.

I got changed in there and Kris another wedding coordinator came by. She brought my bouquet. I requested Lavender color because that’s one of the color listed. However, my bouquet is more pink than purple. I was disappointed about that but since flowers are not my priority it was fine. Then the pastor came in and chit chat with me. It wasn’t as personal as I want it to be. I told him we were going to read our own vows. He made a note of that. I asked Iliana a week before if we could used our video camera to record the ceremony and she said yes we could. However, the pastor told my friend who supposed to record our wedding that we couldn’t do that. I just think it’s odd that the officiant acted as wedding coordinator and made all the calls of what we could and could not do. I didn’t want to argue so no video camera.

The ceremony was beautiful because of my husband and our vows. If we could do it all over again, I would hire a different officiant, and paid for the extra for outside photographers. So note for all Silver Sky chapel brides to be, call your coordinator a day or two days before and make sure she will be there. Also try to get all correspondence in emails that way just in case there’s a hiccup you can show whoever is there that your coordinator said it’s ok to do.

Reception review:

Wicked Spoon: A

I’ve been working with Danielle for our wedding reception planning and I saw her the day before the wedding. We dropped off the cake topper and boxes for cake leftovers. Our appointment was at 2 pm and we got there at 2 pm. One of the cashiers at Wicked Spoon gave me a hard time because she didn’t know who Danielle is. I keep telling her she’s the food & beverage sales manager. She even asked me if I’m sure that I’m at the right place. I told her that I’ve been here few times including the scouting trip. She grabbed the restaurant manager and he’s very polite. He apologized and he called Danielle to let me know that I was there.Danielle showed up and I gave her our cake topper. I made sure with her that Wicked Spoon would just deduct my deposit from the final bill and she told me yes that would happened.

On the day of the wedding, we got there at 5 pm with the rest of our guests. We waited about 5 minutes because they were still preparing our table. We got seated in the main dining room. Our server was Cynthia and she was so nice. They had drink specials, $20 bottle of wine, $5 cocktails (hubby and I got Lemon drops), beer is about $6-$8, and other craft cocktails is $13-$15 per glass. I know some knotties want to buy the drink package, but with the amount of food our guest was only able to drink only one drink each. We were kinda glad we didn’t buy the drink package, save us ton of $$$.

The food like usual is amazing. The Korean short ribs were the bomb, fried chicken in basket was amazing, crab legs, prime ribs, Chinese food, salads,the vegetables are all fresh, desserts were excellent. I tried the Bone Marrow and it wasn’t my favorite. Too fatty. Everybody were raving about the food. They couldn’t stop eating and they keep saying how it’s the best buffet they ever had. I agreed and I think because our reservation is at 5 right when they are opened, everything is fresh.

We ordered our cake through Wicked Spoon. I told the pastry chef Devyn that we expected 20 guests. Well, the cake that she made for us was only one round tier cake, but it was huge. It could fed 50 people easily. Everybody loved the cake and it was as what we expected.

When the manager brought our bill, it was for the whole amount. I told him that I paid for a deposit and it supposed to be deducted. He was confused about that. He left to checked it again with cashier. He came back again and asked if the number on the paperwork (which I found out later was a house account number) meant anything. I told him I didn’t know. He left again and came back with the adjusted amount. He apologized for the mixed up because he’s new. That’s the only bump we encountered for our reception which could get worse and I’m glad it didn’t.

We already paid for two of our friends who live in Vegas. They were super late because of the horrendous traffic due to the strip was being closed (after the shooting). The manager let them stay and they could enjoyed the meal that I already paid for. They even got to eat the cake. I told the manager that all the service people at Wicked Spoon should enjoyed the cake because after he put them in boxes there was still quite a bit left.

Our reception was just perfect. I’m glad that we made the perfect decision and everything turned out to be amazing. We would do it all over again at Wicked Spoon because they still serve the best buffet food in town.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews 02/21/13 part II : Ceremony Silver Sky Chapel & Reception Wicked Spoon

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-022113-part-ii-ceremony-silver-sky-chapel-reception-wicked-spoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c14849aa-3758-4788-b13b-651c13576aa0Post:b23eb9ba-7cb8-4e5d-84a4-2bc8a65e92f8">Reviews 02/21/13 part II : Ceremony Silver Sky Chapel & Reception Wicked Spoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ceremony review: Silver Sky Chapel: B+ Our original wedding coordinator was Veronica and she’s not there anymore. Iliana contacted me in January and told me that she’s our new coordinator. All the communications before the wedding were great. We even did the scouting trip in November and it was fine. Iliana told me that I need to be there at 1:15 because I wanted to use their bridal room to get change. We stayed at The Flamingo and I didn’t want to get my dress dirty before the ceremony because of the walking around the construction. Well, we walked there and my mom told me it was 12:50 when we started to walk. We got there and Iliana wasn’t there. The pastor Leslie who married us was there. It was weird that he was acting as the coordinator. He told us not in a very nice way that we were one hour early. I thought it was 1:15 so I told him that Iliana told us to be there at 1:15. Apparently it was only 1 pm. He could tell me in a nicer way rather than being a bit mean about it. We were waiting in the hallway and finally he told us we could use the other bridal room. I got changed in there and Kris another wedding coordinator came by. She brought my bouquet. I requested Lavender color because that’s one of the color listed. However, my bouquet is more pink than purple. I was disappointed about that but since flowers are not my priority it was fine. Then the pastor came in and chit chat with me. It wasn’t as personal as I want it to be. I told him we were going to read our own vows. He made a note of that. I asked Iliana a week before if we could used our video camera to record the ceremony and she said yes we could. However, the pastor told my friend who supposed to record our wedding that we couldn’t do that. I just think it’s odd that the officiant acted as wedding coordinator and made all the calls of what we could and could not do. I didn’t want to argue so no video camera. The ceremony was beautiful because of my husband and our vows. If we could do it all over again, I would hire a different officiant, and paid for the extra for outside photographers. So note for all Silver Sky chapel brides to be, call your coordinator a day or two days before and make sure she will be there. Also try to get all correspondence in emails that way just in case there’s a hiccup you can show whoever is there that your coordinator said it’s ok to do. Reception review: Wicked Spoon: A I’ve been working with Danielle for our wedding reception planning and I saw her the day before the wedding. We dropped off the cake topper and boxes for cake leftovers. Our appointment was at 2 pm and we got there at 2 pm. One of the cashiers at Wicked Spoon gave me a hard time because she didn’t know who Danielle is. I keep telling her she’s the food & beverage sales manager. She even asked me if I’m sure that I’m at the right place. I told her that I’ve been here few times including the scouting trip. She grabbed the restaurant manager and he’s very polite. He apologized and he called Danielle to let me know that I was there.Danielle showed up and I gave her our cake topper. I made sure with her that Wicked Spoon would just deduct my deposit from the final bill and she told me yes that would happened. On the day of the wedding, we got there at 5 pm with the rest of our guests. We waited about 5 minutes because they were still preparing our table. We got seated in the main dining room. Our server was Cynthia and she was so nice. They had drink specials, $20 bottle of wine, $5 cocktails (hubby and I got Lemon drops), beer is about $6-$8, and other craft cocktails is $13-$15 per glass. I know some knotties want to buy the drink package, but with the amount of food our guest was only able to drink only one drink each. We were kinda glad we didn’t buy the drink package, save us ton of $$$. The food like usual is amazing. The Korean short ribs were the bomb, fried chicken in basket was amazing, crab legs, prime ribs, Chinese food, salads,the vegetables are all fresh, desserts were excellent. I tried the Bone Marrow and it wasn’t my favorite. Too fatty. Everybody were raving about the food. They couldn’t stop eating and they keep saying how it’s the best buffet they ever had. I agreed and I think because our reservation is at 5 right when they are opened, everything is fresh. We ordered our cake through Wicked Spoon. I told the pastry chef Devyn that we expected 20 guests. Well, the cake that she made for us was only one round tier cake, but it was huge. It could fed 50 people easily. Everybody loved the cake and it was as what we expected. When the manager brought our bill, it was for the whole amount. I told him that I paid for a deposit and it supposed to be deducted. He was confused about that. He left to checked it again with cashier. He came back again and asked if the number on the paperwork (which I found out later was a house account number) meant anything. I told him I didn’t know. He left again and came back with the adjusted amount. He apologized for the mixed up because he’s new. That’s the only bump we encountered for our reception which could get worse and I’m glad it didn’t. We already paid for two of our friends who live in Vegas. They were super late because of the horrendous traffic due to the strip was being closed (after the shooting). The manager let them stay and they could enjoyed the meal that I already paid for. They even got to eat the cake. I told the manager that all the service people at Wicked Spoon should enjoyed the cake because after he put them in boxes there was still quite a bit left. Our reception was just perfect. I’m glad that we made the perfect decision and everything turned out to be amazing. We would do it all over again at Wicked Spoon because they still serve the best buffet food in town.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]

yay!!! so glad WS was awesome! what flavor cake did you choose?
  • Chocolate with Raspberry mousse.

I'm sorry I didn't know these reviews didn't have paragraph after I pasted it :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So happy to read this! Thank you for the Wicked Spoon review. I can breathe a sigh of relief. Although I did get the drink package... Wonder if I can change it, or I'll think about it. Some of our guests don't drink but some are big drinkers so I don't know... Cannot wait to try the food!!! Bummer to hear about the minister. I didn't pick a minister, just using whomever they provide. Although I did hire B and W for photos which I'm excited about. Did you see all the lighting color options prior? I ask because my fiance wants the red I think since it is one of our wedding colors. Wasn't sure how it looked. Would love to make a scouting trip if possible... Awesome reviews!!!
  • Em, yes I saw all the colors in November for the lightings. The red one is pretty but it wasn't our color. I'm glad that we chose the Blue one because the purple is more pink. I don't know why all Purple hues from this chapel came out Pink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Was the bouquet included in your package or did you buy separately? I know all places are like this, but flowers are just so expensive. I've been debating what to do for myself... Thanks for your reviews. Looking at the photos, everything looked nice and you two look so happy. All the best!
  • The bouquet came with our package. I booked the Love Me Tender package last year. So not sure about the packages now. They also provided my hubby's boutouneirre. I'm glad I got the clutches for my bridesmaids because additional flowers are expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Flowers are expensive! I got really cute silver mesh clasp clutches to go with out vintage theme for the bridesmaids and then one for myself. I think they are versatile, and it helps unify the bridesmaids since I am letting them pick their own dresses. I really like flowers in general but they were not a high priority for either of us. We'll see... I did the ceremony a la carte because the few things I did want were in pricey packages and included things I didn't want... which I didn't want to pay for.
  • I got those clutches from a seller on Etsy. She was great to work with and for those three clutches the cost was only $78 which was still cheaper than flowers. Let me know if you want her website link.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My exact complaint with the Silver Sky. The officiant acted as the WC and wasn't very pleasant. We used their flowers as well and paid for our own photog. If you don't ask them about video/photography they probably would have just let your friend video the ceremony without stopping. Bummer.
  • Thanks for the review!

What package did you have for the chapel?  Was it extra $ to use the bridal room to get dressed?  I really don't want FI seeing me before the ceremony.
  • Thank you for the offer! However, I already have mine. They have the exact vintage vibe I was looking for; love them.

I have a question regarding Wicked Spoon. You and I have talked about main dining in the past... So, did they end up sitting you off to the side or near a corner, or were you in the middle of it all?

In Response to Re:Reviews 02/21/13 part II : Ceremony Silver Sky Chapel :[QUOTE]I got those clutches from a seller on Etsy. She was great to work with and for those three clutches the cost was only 78 which was still cheaper than flowers. Let me know if you want her website link. Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards