North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Affordable Venues help please!

Hey guys I am officially lost. I am looking for a rustic or unique type venue (not super fancy) outside of downtown for less the 2500 with table and chairs. We are looking for a laid back rustic or unique venue (high ceilings, exposed beams type thing maybe) within an hour from raleigh/durham area.

We went to look at The Hayloft today and it just didn't wow me for the high cost... 3500 with the alcohol fee.
Barn at Valhalla was also above 3k. I think snipes farm was high as well.  I've checked every city park venue - nothing.
I want a place to hold ceremony outside but with nice indoor/covered option. (open land prefered). But indoor reception space. Laid back comfortable feel and not in downtown raleigh or durham because we aren't the city type and we want it to be a reflection of who we are.

I'm open to anything at this point.

Re: Affordable Venues help please!

• Hi! I am not sure of the pricing but I heard that the Angus Barn is great! Good luck on your search.
  • GHill1overGHill1over member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Well Angus Barn will be out of your price range, it's one of the more expensive venues.

These places may be over your price range now, I haven't checked lately but worth a call.
    -The Big Barn convention center in Orange County.
    -The Fair Barn in Pinehurst - bit further drive though
    -Starlight Meadows in Burlington
    -Spruce Pine Lodge in Durham - however, it's more of a lodge than a barn feel. It's recently reopened.
    -The Festival House in Timberlake - the outside has a very rustic feel, the inside does not and does seem a bit dated but most likely will be in your price range.
  • Snipes Farm? $2000 for the weekend

Burning Man Theater? $1500 for 24 hrs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Piazza at Portofino in Clayton is beautiful...

Greory Vineyards in Angier is rustic. Kind of small and casual, but definitley affordable.

Good luck!!
  • There's a big picnic pavilion complete with fireplace, as I recall, at Jordan Lake, just off of US-64. However, I think alcohol isn't allowed....
  • In Beaufort Nc there is the County Home B & B and it is rustic and super cute with a barn style pavilion. I believe it is $900 to rent for the entire day and includes tables chairs garden arbor, chair covers and a lot more. plus your wedding party can stay at the BandB if they choose to for $100 a night.
  • daniLidaniLi member
    First Comment
    Check out the Wake Forest Community house.. $400 ALL day! they do have tables and some chairs, but the chairs are those aluminum flod out... but for that price you can rent nicer chairs. It only fits 155 people, but has two fireplaces and the just redid the floors and walls, so now its all wood.  Really pretty inside!
  • Im getting married at willow pond farmstead. It is in coats nc about an hour from raleigh. It has two barns one right on a lake. its 2,000 for the weekend. There are minamal tables and chairs includes. The only date they have left this year is october 20th hope that helps
  • Look at All Saints Chapel. It pretty much have everything you want. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards