Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Chicken or pork?

just wondering... would you pick chicken marsala or pork tenderloin?

Re: Chicken or pork?

• edited December 2011
    hahahah...everyone voted for Chicken so far.

I vote chicken just because Pork is so fatty :)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted Chicken (and I would not be getting the sauce) but Bill would pick the pork tenderloin.  And if you were friends with my brother too, he would pick the pork as well.
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked Chicken....only because it is universally liked. Where as (at least in my circle) A LOT of people dont eat pork, whether it is religious or (for me) sanitary reasons.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chicken-pork?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1dcd73f9-05eb-41aa-91f0-b74976d8174bPost:9b779ec5-bbd5-41b0-82a3-2090855ec25d">Re: Chicken or pork?</a>:
    [QUOTE](for me) sanitary reasons.
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

Me too!  It makes my stomach turn.
  • edited December 2011
    Agree, chicken is more universally liked. Who doesn't like chicken?

Well, people who don't eat meat, I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    I voted pork simply because chicken marsala can be a calorie bomb.  Unless the pork is being prepared in a way that adds lots of sauce and whatnot tenderloin is pretty lean.  I will admit though I know I am the majority so if you want to please the masses I would go with chicken.
  • edited December 2011
    keep em' coming!!! i would have thought chicken, but right now we are at 16 pork and 12 chicken. (for the actually wedding, not this poll ;) )
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't vote in the poll, but here is my opinion.

I would pick a different chicken dish. A lot people don't eat pork for the reasons pp stated, and a lot of people don't eat mushrooms. If I was at your wedding I guess I would eat salad and vegetables.
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I didn't vote in the poll, but here is my opinion. I would pick a different chicken dish. A lot people don't eat pork for the reasons pp stated, and a lot of people don't eat mushrooms. If I was at your wedding I guess I would eat salad and vegetables.
    Posted by Buttercup509[/QUOTE]

I agree....I tasted an amazing chicken dish stuffed with mushrooms and it had a tomato basil sauce on top but I ended up going with another chicken dish b/c I know a lot of people also dont like mushrooms (which to me is CRAZY) haha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chicken-pork?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1dcd73f9-05eb-41aa-91f0-b74976d8174bPost:c2987c18-b545-446d-9d99-960111a73a76">Re: Chicken or pork?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't vote in the poll, but here is my opinion. I would pick a different chicken dish. A lot people don't eat pork for the reasons pp stated, and a lot of people don't eat mushrooms. If I was at your wedding I guess I would eat salad and vegetables.
    Posted by Buttercup509[/QUOTE]

Ditto x100.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE mushrooms but I also LOVE pork tenderloin. It is very lean and has a pretty neutral flavor, so I cook with it a lot. But I really enjoy pork. So I guess that would be a tough choice for me, haha :)
  • edited December 2011
    too late now! choices were already made :(
    at least the mushrooms can just be taken off. the only other chicken choice was

Chipotle Grilled Chicken

Chicken tossed in a Chipotle Lime Marinade and Grilled

With Ancho Chile Sauce and Black Bean Salsa

actually the menu was kinda limited.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chicken-pork?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1dcd73f9-05eb-41aa-91f0-b74976d8174bPost:6b10c380-66ba-4649-8c1c-b28d13091b20">Re: Chicken or pork?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE mushrooms but I also LOVE pork tenderloin. It is very lean and has a pretty neutral flavor, so I cook with it a lot. But I really enjoy pork. So I guess that would be a tough choice for me, haha :)
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

me too! that is why my FI and i are both getting the chicken marsala (a fav of both of ours) and then one pork to share!!! i know i'm a piggy! but hey, i've been watching every calorie for months now.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose pork because I've never had chicken marsala  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I voted chicken since caterers tend to overcook most proteins to be safe, at least the marsala comes with a sauce to hide the usual dryness.
  • bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted Chicken, like the people before me stated there are a lot of people who dont eat it.  I too dont like mushroms.  But of the two, I think Chicken is a better choice for guests.
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked pork tenderloin because A)I like it and B) I don't like chicken marsala.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards