April 2013 Weddings

Had a meeting with my pastor today!

FI met with my pastor today, so that's a "check" off the list! We decided on April 6, 2013. EEEEEK!

Included in the folder he gave us was a packet of sample vows. OMG, I teared up reading them. That made it all so REAL!

I'm getting so excited!

Re: Had a meeting with my pastor today!

• congrats! do you guys have your venue yet?
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That is awesome!  Congrats.  We don't meet with our Priest until April 16th.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have one last tour of a reception venue on Monday, then we'll decide, and start putting deposits on everything!
  • Ahh congrats!
    FI and I have a lot booked/checked off but we still have yet to find an officiator! My wedding planner is working on that right now and is going to get back to us with potentials but i feel like that is one of the first things we should have booked.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dileni, we've decided to hire a planner too. Planning/coordinating/creativity is not my deal LOL. We have a consultation on thursday, and then that's another check!
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_had-a-meeting-with-my-pastor-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:ceaa5a1d-80c6-45e7-b55d-2b03ce335897Post:5379bc4b-9d41-4159-8ba1-61ff23b8e3d7">Re: Had a meeting with my pastor today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dileni, we've decided to hire a planner too. Planning/coordinating/creativity is not my deal LOL. We have a consultation on thursday, and then that's another check!
    Posted by chinofiesta93[/QUOTE]
    AH they are a lifesaver. My MOH's mom is a wedding planner so shes doing ours, she gave us a great deal on it and shes so amazing. FI was so glad we got a wedding planner cause he does not want to do much (nothing) related to wedding planning. Everytime I bring up wedding stuff and ask for his opinion he gets all flustered and says "Ah why do we have to do it! Thats what we are paying wedding planner for!" haha

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meeting with Pastor sounds awesome. I have a really nice Pastor that I am asking to do the wedding. I still feel it is a little early to ask. I bought the official "asking your pastor to marry you card", but won't send them quite yet. I kind of want to get my venue paid off first. I'm so scared something will happen and then not be able to. After I pay at least three thousand I'll be ready, probably August. He may want us to do a little counseling with him, but we have already been to a professional pre-marital counseling therapist. It was great! Just to make sure we are on the same page and know each others expectations. My FI pushed for that but it was good for me as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards