California-Orange County

Shopping at Mon Amie on a Budget

Has anyone ever been to an appointment at Mon Amie with a budget of $1,000 (preferably lower)?  I have heard that they are not very nice to you once they hear your budget, and that they bring dresses out that are way more expensive in hopes that you will fall in love with one of them and break your budget.

Re: Shopping at Mon Amie on a Budget

• edited December 2011
    I actually just purchased my dress at Mon Amie, my budget was no more than $2000 and there were plenty to choose from and my consultant was great! Not sure if you know this but be sure to include alterations and pressing in your budget. Also check Mariposa in Anaheim and the Dresser in Fullerton both shops have great dresses on a budget! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Mon Amie with a budget of $2K & my consultant was very good about only letting me try on dresses within my budget. I had even told her I wanted to try a dress on I saw on a rack and she told me it was out of my budget and advised me not to just in case I liked it. I would definitely recommend going there…or Mariposa Bridal as well. They were really nice BUT they did not ask me my budget upfront so make sure you tell them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard only great things about both Mon Amie and Mariposa. I also heard The White Dress in Corona Del Mar is good too.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I had a small budget and did not have a bad experience at Mon Amie. I also had a great experience at Mariposa. Unfortunately I ended up getting my dress at The Dresser, but have only  positive things to say about the other two.
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Mon Amie. I fell in love with a dress online that was 2x my budget but went to try on with the intention of purchasing but I took my time in finalizing my decision while there. I told the sales rep that I was having a hard time commiting due to it being a lot of money and she snapped at me "Didn't you know how much it was? What would be the issue?" Uhh yes I did know how much it was but I don't spend $3000 on a dress every day without being able to try it on since the sample was too small for me.

Ended up buying the dress and now I'm stressing till end of March, hoping that I'll love the dress on me as much as I loved it on the size 2 mannoquin!
  • andekittenandekitten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a horrible experience with them when I went.  I had a large budget and was not shown one dress that was in it.  I was also told that the things my mom and I liked made the dress look cheap, such as something on the bottom or dresses that had the corset in the back.  My mom, aunt and I could not wait to get out of there.  I bought my dress from Mariposa in Anaheim and thought that they were great.  The Wedding Day in Fountain Valley was also a good experience when I went to look at bridesmaid dresses.
  • kelnoellekelnoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was the original poster, and I had my appointment last weekend.  All in all it was a good experience, except I ended up buying a dress over my budget.  I was first taken to the outlet and allowed to look through the dresses and pick out any that I wanted to try on.  They are all old sample dresses, so some of them as in pretty bad shape and you have to buy "as is."  The consultant pulled a few samples from the back, and I ended up going with one she picked.  Looks like I'll have to skimp in other areas to make up my $1000 over what I wanted to spend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards