Massachusetts-Boston

Enough Candy?

Hi Ladies..... I haven't posted in a long time but have been lurking.  My daughter's wedding is 2 weeks from today.. yikes!   We were just going over how much candy we have for the candy buffet.  OUr total guest count is 165.  we have
70 lbs of candy.  10lbs of some of the more popular, 5lbs of the less popular but favorites of the bride & groom.  For those of you that have had candy buffets, do you think 70lbs is enough?  Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone whose weddings are fast approaching!

Re: Enough Candy?

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen on some sites that they say 1/4-1/2 a pound per guest.

Another tip I saw was take the bags that you are using and fill one with the candy, weigh it, and go from there.

FWIW, I am not having a candy buffet so I am just going off suggestions I have seen on here.

Good luck!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    We planned for 1/2 lb. for each of our 180 guests in 14 different varieties and actually had a lot left over.

My only recommendation would be to go for 1/4 lb. per person to avoid left overs and make sure you have a good mix of variety and enough chocolate...that was the first to go :) LMK if you have other questions
  • edited December 2011
    We planned on 1/2 pound per guest and we bought bags that held 1/2 lb..turns out that we have TONS of candy left over!
    The feedback we got from most guests was that they took a few pieces but after all the apps at cocktail hour, then dinner, then cake and late night snacks - they had a hard time even looking at more 'food'

I would say 1/4 - 1/2 lb per guest is a good place to be..you may have left overs but it is better to have more than not enough
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips ladies.  So based on 1/4-1/2 pp, 70 lbs should be plenty.  We have 9 different candies with 5 of them being chocolate!
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of a candy buffet. Is it a regional thing?  Is this in lieu of a dessert buffet? What kind of candy do you use? People just put a handful of candy on a plate and go back to sit down to eat their cake and drink coffee??
    I just can't picture it in my head.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards