Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Misspelled Political Signs

Everyone can use some spelling or comprehension fail in their lives.  Some of these may be repeats, but they're still funny.

www.urlesque.com/2010/02/10/misspelled-political-signs/" target="_blank">http://www.urlesque.com/2010/02/10/misspelled-political-signs/
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Misspelled Political Signs

• Options
    Oh, dear.  Apparently it's really hard to spell amnesty.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    whoops!

I want to get marridged...

our school newspaper recently quoted our ASL teacher as saying "It's hard for kids to be in schools for the deaf, often teachers would punch dead kids for using sign language."

Really? They punched dead kids?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_misspelled-political-signs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b55ae4f8-58c9-4b92-bac7-b0ee59ca37c8Post:03f21fa7-06e5-4d72-b890-e2eaf6d8bda4">Re: Misspelled Political Signs</a>:
    [QUOTE]whoops! I want to get marridged... our school newspaper recently quoted our ASL teacher as saying "It's hard for kids to be in schools for the deaf, often teachers would punch dead kids for using sign language." Really? They punched dead kids?
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

bwahaha!  That's too funny!  And pretty awful.

Most school newspapers are the suck.  I don't know why adults don't catch glaring mistakes.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Me either. I can see a typo here or there but "punched dead" is pretty bad. I'm fairly certain he meant "punished deaf kids".

I love these signs

"make english the offical language" - only if you learn to spell "official"

"homosexuals are gay" - duh?
  • Options
    katie, you made me laugh out loud with that!  Punching dead kids... hahaha
  • Options
    Ok these signs are getting better and better as you scroll down. I think I must send this website to my boss so he can get a good laugh.

Random factoid: The official language of West Virginia is English. It was a provision slipped in with parks and recreation improvements and requirements. When asked "why did WV adopt English as an official language" by reports the legistlators admitted they didn't actually read everything they voted on, and hadn't noticed that provision.
  • Options
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    "Pubic option"

• Options
    Not a political sign, but in Sikeston, MO, there is a restaurant named Lambert's.  They have good country food.  Most of it's fried or stewed, but it's tasty.  There are 3 other locations, I think, so you may have seen or heard of them elsewhere.

The billboard at the original Sikeston location says:

YOUR HERE
    Lambert's
    Home of the throwed rolls

I kid you not.  http://www.throwedrolls.com
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Squirrly- I have never actually been to Lambert's, but man those billboards are effing all over Missouri! :)  I haven't seen the original, or at least if I did  I never noticed that, but honestly it's Missouri. And they throw bread at your face. So I'm not that surprised :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_misspelled-political-signs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b55ae4f8-58c9-4b92-bac7-b0ee59ca37c8Post:441c0b96-eb8a-470c-a66a-e2b80e11d043">Re: Misspelled Political Signs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squirrly- I have never actually been to Lambert's, but man those billboards are effing all over Missouri! :)  I haven't seen the original, or at least if I did  I never noticed that, but honestly it's Missouri. And they throw bread at your face. So I'm not that surprised :)
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]
    I've been.  The food's not bad, and they generally only throw rolls at you when you're looking and ready to catch.  If you're in Sikeston or wherever the other ones are, you should go.  But. . . don't go to Sikeston just for Lambert's.  It's not THAT good. 

My ex-FI is from that general area, so I've driven past that billboard a bunch of times.  Just not in the last few years, so it could actually be different by now.  But I bet it's still stupid.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Hey squirrly I have a random question for you. I'm not sure what part of Kentucky you're in, but have you ever been to the world's longest yard sale? I want to go this summer and am trying to figure out if it's worth the drive or not. I"d probably just do parts of Kentucky and Tennessee instead of the whole long thing.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards