Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Winter destination wedding and summer home reception

We are eloping on a cruise wedding/honeymoon this December but would like to have a big reception/party for our family and friends summer 2013...my fiance' is from MO but I"m from MI and need some help with planning the time of year for the reception.  I want to have a June reception, would it be too hot for tented reception in the evening?  It will be pretty in-formal (sun dresses and kahki's) type of dress code.  He said it won't be...but this summer was my first one here and it was SO hot.  Any suggestions??
Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12

Re: Winter destination wedding and summer home reception

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_winter-destination-wedding-and-summer-home-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:591f6dde-2b6f-4010-9c6e-6da393583efcPost:85d2d8b4-2807-4655-91e5-1d18386af2c8">Re: Winter destination wedding and summer home reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]June probably wouldn't be too bad.  Our weather is really variable from year to year.  Our wediding was outside on the first Saturday of April last year; temps would normally be low 70's.  It was in the 90's!  It's really hard to predict.  Is there anyway to cool the tent, just in case?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I will have to do my research for sure, but I'm sure we can rent fans or coolers of some kind.  I will be wearing a short version of my wedding dress for sure either way lol.</div>
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
  • Options
    I would be concerned about June.  I lived in MO for 40 years.  June evenings can be hot and humid.  Would also worry about mosquitos and other buggies in the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards