Honeymoon Discussions

Florida honeymoon spots?

My FI and I are looking at honeymoon places in Florida. We would like something on the beach, that doesn't cost too much of a fortune and isn't too crowded. I think a nice hotel or resort would be nice. Suggestions?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florida honeymoon spots?

• My FI and I are honeymooning in Florida too, what are your specifications. I have been looking and can save a ton of money by staying at a bed and breakfast, only thing is you dont get the same lush amenities. Gulf or Atlantic? Ive heard such great things about the keys. I would really love to go there! Seriously looking into it :) Are you looking for more beach/relaxation or more like shopping tourist things? Sanibel island has a gorgeous beach but ive heard its a little boring on the things to do other than water related stuff.. Ive heard aeesome things about Clearwater many people say its got a mix of both beachy and tourist things. However sanibel was rated like best place for shells, soo.. hopefully you get a ton of replies because I will be watching this thread! :)
  • Clearwater Beach (been there multiple times), Sanibel Island, Marco Island, Key West all come to mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Clearwater/St. Petersburg, Panama City Beach, and Destin are all nice areas
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would suggest the gulf side- as those beaches are not only nicer but you get to see sunsets!

One place I absolutely love is Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL. I live in FL though so I'm kind of biased. Siesta Key beach is consistently ranked among the top 10 beaches in the US (even tops some Hawaii beaches) and its not too crowded because there aren't any Howard Johnsons or Marriotts right on the beach. All of the hotels are small, 2-3 stories and they are more intimate than the big chain hotels. A great place to catch a cab to from Siesta is St. Armand's Circle for restaurants, shopping, ice cream, etc.

Clearwater is also nice, but can be more touristy. Just depends what you are looking for. St. Pete Beach is touristy too but if you have it in the budget to stay for a few nights at the Don Cesar Beach Hotel you will love it there. FI and I are going on our honeymoon to the Keys since we've never been there. Good luck wherever you choose! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree on the St. Augustine rec.  That is actually where we are having our destination wedding.  Great beaches plus lots of romantic little B&Bs, great little shops and lots of historical spots to site visit.  You are also very close to Jax Beach and Daytona for possible day trips.  Love love love St. Augustine. 
  • Also...just noticed you are looking for something more 'resort' like.  This place is in Atlantic Beach (Jax area) and is INCREDIBLE.  Also walking distance to lots of great restaurants and bars.

http://www.oneoceanresort.com/
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    If you go to the Keys I recommend staying in the Marathon area (we loved Conch Key Cottages which was NOT crowded and felt it was a great value).  You can do a day trip to Key West if you want to see it, but you could honestly do Key West in a day or an overnight.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • If you are coming to Florida, you need to go to Miami!!!! It has a little of everything. I recommend the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove ( ). It is close to  CocoWalk to shopping, eat and see people; close to the beach; downtown and everything in between! I love that area!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards