Chit Chat

Starting to get SERIOUSLY annoyed...

With my fiance's sister-in-law. All I have heard about the past two months from everyone on his side of the family (I'm not even kidding: his mom, his step-dad, his aunties) is how great she looks in her dress for the wedding. What a stunner she is. How much weight she's lost. The dress is so gorgeous. The hair she's having done for the wedding is beautiful. And on and on and on.

Finally, this last visit with them when they brought it up I said, "Well, gosh, I hope that my hair and dress can stand up to hers!"

It's just...I went to two weddings this year, neither of which I bought a new dress for, or lost weight for, or had my hair and makeup done for. Why? Because it wasn't MY day, it was the bride and grooms day. She's not even in the wedding party for crying out loud!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. I think I might hate her.

P.S. And....for Christmas last year she gave my fiance and I a framed picture from her wedding...yeah, I wasn't even in the picture she selected...

Re: Starting to get SERIOUSLY annoyed...

• Waaaaah!

Anyone who capitalizes, bolds, italicizes and underlines the "My" in My Day" is a bridezilla. Anyone who gets on the "It's My Day" train at all is a narcissistic whiner, but all the emphasis is unbearably over the top.

Settle down, before your FILs talk your fiance out of marrying such a PITA.
  • Ummm..if you had read it you would see that I said I didn't do those things because it WASN'T my day. Wow....
  • BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Yes, but the entire tone of your post is that all of this attention to her is ruining the runup to Your Day (for you).  Just sayin'. That's the way it reads.
  • Tas - she sounds really annoying.  I'm sorry you are having to deal with her AWing all of the time.  I promise you though - nobody will notice her next to you in your wedding dress.  And you won't notice what she's wearing either - or notice people noticing her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think you sound like a bridezilla, and my opinion matters most in my life, so there you go. I would be annoyed too, and I have never heard of anyone going so out of the way for someone elses wedding, and clearly she is just trying to remember what it was like to be the center of attention. But even if she hogs the attention of those family members, no one else will notice her. Infact when I go to weddings and see people not in the WP with hair/makeup done, I laugh. She won't be in the pictures, but maybe one or two, so she will get the wind knocked out of her sails sooner or later!

oh, and BLAH BLah BLAHHHH
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_starting-seriously-annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c0a4f095-9bcb-4bcb-aff2-f5f8653988f0Post:62880387-8624-40e4-96e2-31f6220013dc">Re: Starting to get SERIOUSLY annoyed...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, but the entire tone of your post is that all of this attention to her is ruining the runup to Your Day (for you).  Just sayin'. That's the way it reads.
    Posted by BeeBee22[/QUOTE]

That's not how I read it at all.

I agree with andy, no one will care enough to notice her. And if they do, eff them!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I would assume there is something seriously wrong with the FSIL and just let it be. 1-uppers suck, but theres not a whole lot you can do about it.
  • I don't get how FSIL has anything to do with this other then she looks good in her dress and she may get her hair done.  Is she saying these things too?

If not then let the comments roll off your back.

And remember, it may be your wedding day but it's not just your day.
  • Thanks ladies! I guess I'm just getting stressed since we're coming down to it. Appreciate the words of encouragement Laughing
  • Just remember, you're going to be the one in the big white dress. You'll have plenty of attention.

• OMG MissDuke! I am totally stealing your toasting flute idea - love them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_starting-seriously-annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:c0a4f095-9bcb-4bcb-aff2-f5f8653988f0Post:547aaf53-a030-426a-a9f9-36bdc7001963">Re: Starting to get SERIOUSLY annoyed...</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG MissDuke! I am totally stealing your toasting flute idea - love them!
    Posted by Tasianab[/QUOTE]

I still feel like somethings missing. I'm just not sure what. Let me know how that works out for you, if you add anything different I'd love to see pictures!
  • I still feel like somethings missing. I'm just not sure what. Let me know how that works out for you, if you add anything different I'd love to see pictures!

I might suggest one of two things:

A subtle silver trim around the mouth of the glass, or, perhaps a wine charm made for the base of the flute.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_starting-seriously-annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c0a4f095-9bcb-4bcb-aff2-f5f8653988f0Post:137d5342-3dba-4821-b142-8f4c2ffa20f3">Re: Starting to get SERIOUSLY annoyed...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Waaaaah! Anyone who capitalizes, bolds, italicizes and underlines the "My" in My Day" is a bridezilla. Anyone who gets on the "It's My Day" train at all is a narcissistic whiner, but all the emphasis is unbearably over the top. Settle down, before your FILs talk your fiance out of marrying such a PITA.
    Posted by BeeBee22[/QUOTE]

<div>Reading fail. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought a new dress for the last wedding I went to.  I didn't have anything appropriate to wear.  I'm sure the weight loss is for more than just your wedding and her family is probably trying to be encouraging.  As for the hair and makeup some people just do that.  They get those things done when they go to an event.  Seriously, don't let this stuff get to you.  It's not worth the headache. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is her weight loss substantial?  Has she been through some tough stuff?

I don't think you sounded bridezillaish at all, but that the stuff i would ask.  People generally want to look good for a wedding...but all the attention makes me think that something else has happened. 

Any thoughts on that?

• Well, it sounds like she is someone who likes attention and your FILs like to give it to her.  She is one person out of many who will be at your wedding.  I doubt that people will be focusing more attention on her than on you.  I sense some stress in your OP, this is something that doesn't deserve your time or stress.  Don't let that nasty little bug called jealousy creep in and take your eyes off of the goal:  get down that aisle and marry your sweetheart!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dont think you sound like a bridezilla at all... i would be pissed too, lol

But i would just ignore her and all the remarks about her --as much as i could and stay away from her as much as possible at the wedding festivities before i say something really mean......
    My soul mate....I've definitely met mine. We are exactly alike, and yet the exact opposites. We are perfectly in sync, and yet always make up for what the other lacks. We are in each others' dreams, and thoughts. Grand's Woman
  • You all are right, I should just ignore her/them. She was never a big girl by any means and if she wants to spend the money to get her hair and makeup done more power to her I suppose.

I think sometimes I just feel like the focus is shifted from the wedding being a celebration with us and our families and our union to it being a reason for everyone else to get dressed up, see and be seen, etc. One of my friends told me I should be flattered that people think our wedding is a reason to lose weight, etc. I hadn't thought of it that way before!

I think it also makes me feel like their is competition between us when I've never gotten that feeling before. My fiance is from Canada and his brother and sister-in-law live there so his parents see them all the time and we only see them 3-4 times a year when they come here or we go up there. So maybe it's just that they're
    around her more and have to hear all about her dress, etc. all the time ;)

Thanks for your support and talking some sense into me. I can't believe how close the wedding is Laughing/Cry
  • Oh! P.S. they had talked about having a baby this year until she bought this phenomenal dress so now they have to wait until after our wedding so that she can fit in the dress. Strange...
  • Tas - I don't think your a bridezilla at all. I am going through the same thing, I kid you not. My FILs revolve around my FSIL. And when my mom is on the phone with his mom, the conversation always ends up being about her... And she is in the wedding too.
    Just remember that it's you walking down the aisle and you will be surrounded by your friends and families. Let it roll off your back! Think of something else when it starts to bother you!
    Finally, a Mrs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards