Delaware
Options

Need a Church to rent in Newark, Delaware or surrounding Areas...PLEASE HELP!

We booked out reception site, now we just need a church to get married in! We attend a church up in Jennersville, PA, however we don't want our guests to have to drive so far...we would like to bring our pastor but rent out a church down in newark or somewhere near there in delaware...anyone know of any places to rent even if you aren't a member??

Thanks!
Michelle and Mark

Re: Need a Church to rent in Newark, Delaware or surrounding Areas...PLEASE HELP!

• Options
    uderin02uderin02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend just got married at a church right off Broom Street and Pennsylvania Ave in Wilmington.  Its about 2 minutes off of 95.  I believe its a nondenominational church.  I don't think they had to join.  Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it...but I can find out if you think you may be interested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UDErin, it sounds like you are talking either about St. Stephen's Lutheran or the Swedenborgen church on the corner there.  I attended St. Stephen's for years, and the only other church in that area is Westminster Presbyterien.

I don''t think any of them will let you bring your own pastor in, but double check with St. Stephen's.  They will charge you, but they may let you bring in your own pastor.

Out of curiousity, what denom are you?  That will help a lot- if you are a lutheran trying to rent a lutheran church, that helps a bunch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The other place you could look into is the Mount Pleasant Meeting House, which is on the grounds of Bellevue State Park.  It's an old Quaker meeting house that the state owns now, and they refixed it up to use for wedding ceremonies.  I know you also get a place (the parsonage next door) to get ready.  Here is the website to look at, with pictures...its actually really pretty inside!

http://www.destateparks.com/events/mount-pleasant/index.asp
  • Options
    uderin02uderin02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it is the Swedenborgen church.  The info is Church of the Holy City
    1118 North Broom Street
    Wilmington, DE 19806-4315
    (302) 654-5014
    It was really nice there.  I think they used the minister there, but wanted to give you the info anyhow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Looking for additional places to have wedding ceremony without being a member there I am catholic but it seems to be a lot to go thru to get married .any other sugestions looking for a nice churc that would hold 150 guest in new castle or Newark area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards