Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

how do I incorporate my son into the wedding ceremony?

My fiance and I have been together for over 7 years and we have finally decided to tie the knot. How can we incorporate our three year old son into the ceremony?

Re: how do I incorporate my son into the wedding ceremony?

• Options
    Ring bearer
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The people that are going to make my wedding invitations shared their story on how they included their nine year old daughter into the ceremony.
    After exchanging rings, they presented their daughter with a gold necklace that had a beautiful heart pendant on it. They explained that this was a outward sign of family unity.
    It sounded very beautiful. Perhaps you could present your son with a piece of jewlery  or include him in your vows.

Good Luck & Congratulations.
  • Options
    I'm also including my future Step Sons into the sand ceremony, however they will be 11 & 13.  I'll also be getting them a St. Christoper necklace.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_incorporate-son-wedding-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:bb644dec-6fde-445e-b3bb-e2d45a587920Post:259fec29-6f47-4c58-bb47-81166372bb7c">Re: how do I incorporate my son into the wedding ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ring bearer
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Ring bearer seems like just about enough for a 3 year old.  Anything else would likely be too much.  Good luck!  Congratulations on getting married!
  • Options

Our  3 year old son is the best man in our wedding. We wanted to him to be more than a ring bearer and he is truly his dads best man! We had planned to let him walk out of the chuch with the two flower girls one on each arm but we changed our mind and he will be walking out with the MOH wish is my sister! I looked everywhere for a cake topper that had the bride and groom and a little boy but I didnt like any that I really liked. he could walk u down the aisle if you dont have someone else in mind to do it...

• Options
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_incorporate-son-wedding-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:bb644dec-6fde-445e-b3bb-e2d45a587920Post:4b2f8cf9-d363-4050-bc83-cf431d483453">Re: how do I incorporate my son into the wedding ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our   3 year old son is the best man in our wedding. We wanted to him to be more than a ring bearer and he is truly his dads best man! We had planned to let him walk out of the chuch with the two flower girls one on each arm but we changed our mind and he will be walking out with the MOH wish is my sister! I looked everywhere for a cake topper that had the bride and groom and a little boy but I didnt like any that I really liked. he could walk u down the aisle if you dont have someone else in mind to do it...
    </div>Posted by MrsMcCracken2010[/QUOTE]

That's adorable!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it is sweet that you want to incorporate your 3 yr old into your ceremony.  Have him as a RB, but I stongly suggest you have him walk with someone older and someone he is really comfortable with - he is 3, and they can be unpredictable as I am sure you are aware. 

My sons and FI's daughter will all be part of our WP - BM, Jr. GM and RB - they are 21, 11, and 7. 

Congrats and Best Wishes!

Anniversary
  • Options
    i have a 7 yr old and am getting married to my boyfriend of 5 years (not his dad)
    but i am having him give me away! (my dad's not an active part in our lives)
  • Options
    If you want to incorporate him more than just walking around, you could include him in the sand ceremony or unity candle ceremony.  Let him have his own colour of sand (or candle) and show your family unity.
  • Options

I have a 4 year old from a previous marriage (his father has never been a part of his life) and my finacee is the only daddy that my son knows and if you ask my finacee he will tell you that that is HIS son. =) Anyway, even though I moved out of  my parents house at the age of 18 when I joined the military (6 1/2 years ago) my dad is a very important part of my life....SO, my daddy and my son will walk me half way down the aisle. Then, my dad will take his seat and my groom will meet my son and I and walk with us the rest of the way, symbolzing that we are starting our own journey together, the three of us. Also, my finacee will have two best men, my son and his dad! =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I like ALL of these ideas. I think the best way to make it special for your little man is to make the moment he walks down the aisle as the big honor. Have him walk down the aisle with you or someone else in the wedding party. And in the programs write something special about him or have the officiant say something during the ceremony. Anything else may be too much for the little guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards