Ohio-Columbus

Best Wedding new EVER

We were planning on going to a small chapel for our ceremony, where a few of our friends have gotten married. Very small and pretty, but it was GREAT for our budget. Well FI works with a lady named Chris who's husband is a Pastor. They just recently built a church and he has just gotten certified to perform ceremonies. He mentioned to her that we had moved our wedding date to 05.05.12 from 12.13.14 and she told us that we can use their new church!!  We can have it as long as we need it on our day! What makes it even better is that we get to use it FREE OF CHARGE! Our plan is to use the money we save to pay on other wedding things AND leave their newly built church and congregation a nice donation for letting us use their facilities. I'm so giddy right now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Erica & Justin
Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Wedding new EVER

• edited December 2011
    Yay!! How exciting! : )
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is great news! And I think very thoughtful of you to make a donation to their church since they aren't charging you. What a great "check" to get out of the way!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Wow what a blessing! And thats really nice that you still want to give a donation to them.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What a great check. Word to the wise, get that in writing!
    It's a blessing, and it's fantastic, but you still need in writing that you will have the space reserved for the day. That way you don't run into problems down the road, like someone else taking the space, etc.

Congrats though! I would definitely leave a significant donation if possible!
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that is awesome!!!  Congrats :-)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed on getting it in writing, just so you cover your butt, but that is amazing our church will cost us probably around 1200 dollar, with decorations, music, classes and everything else. It is a large budget buster. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-new-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:8231a18c-2c2a-4f2d-b68e-db328dc3600fPost:59f93a13-255f-4ae7-b55b-10f574333b78">Re: Best Wedding new EVER</a>:
    [QUOTE]What a great check. Word to the wise, get that in writing! It's a blessing, and it's fantastic, but you still need in writing that you will have the space reserved for the day. That way you don't run into problems down the road, like someone else taking the space, etc. Congrats though! I would definitely leave a significant donation if possible!
    Posted by GApeachOH[/QUOTE]

agreed!

a lot can change between now and then so have those duckies in a row!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards