Not Engaged Yet

Would you still eat them?

I just found a bag of Mini Eggs in our cupboard. I'm quite certain they are nearly a year old, unless BF is secretly buying them and hiding them from me. I'm getting desperate and want chocolate so badly. Would you eat almost a year old bag of mini eggs? I can't find an expiration date so I'm taking that as they never go bad and I should go right ahead and eat them but figured I would get a second opinion first.

Re: Would you still eat them?

• lol this is funny, because I've encountered this situation before. DO NOT eat the eggs. Trust me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yep, I would.

I mean, unless you unwrap one and there's mold on it, chances are the worst thing that could happen is that it tastes a little stale and dry.
  • Yes.  I would atleast try one as long as it didn't look weird.  If it was still good I'd eat more. 
  • Totally. I do think candy/chocolate has a shelf life but I'm almost positive you're fine if it's been less than a year. DIG IN!!
  • We make homemade candy every yr. As long as its not funny looking its ok to eat, per my dear gma!

• Was the bag open? If not, eat away. Cadbury Mini Eggs are not to go to waste.

However, if the bag was open, they can get semi-stale.

I will now be going to the store to buy Cadbury Mini Eggs. They are the best chocolate on the planet. It may be the shells, but there is just something about that chocolate... Easter is my favorite time of year.

*******************************************************************************************

• I want chocolate :(  Poo.  Anyways I would eat them.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-you-still-eat-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e15331d3-aa89-4200-824e-75e42aa772e9Post:fb8fd45a-55fe-479d-9397-c3b8e9e3a566">Re: Would you still eat them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was the bag open? If not, eat away. Cadbury Mini Eggs are not to go to waste. However, if the bag was open, they can get semi-stale. I will now be going to the store to buy Cadbury Mini Eggs. They are the best chocolate on the planet. It may be the shells, but there is just something about that chocolate... <strong>Easter is my favorite time of year.</strong>
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>I have to agree. I was just telling my sister Easter is my favorite holiday because it has the best candy. </div><div>
    </div><div>And for future reference, the mini eggs are just as good as ever. My day has been made by eating them.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-you-still-eat-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e15331d3-aa89-4200-824e-75e42aa772e9Post:668ba1b0-57f3-439f-a652-a35c475c1f1e">Re: Would you still eat them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would eat them. I know you already did, but I just wanted to say that I WOULD. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>It makes me really happy to know that others would do the same. I felt a little bit crazy for wanting candy so badly that I ate year old mini eggs, but this makes it seem normal and not at all desperate.</div>
  • Not at all desperate! I just found M&Ms in my desk from a month. For shame that I left them there..... mother nature called for chocolate today and I was not about to dissappoint.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-you-still-eat-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e15331d3-aa89-4200-824e-75e42aa772e9Post:384e72f0-11f3-40fd-ae02-eee4538dbb89">Re: Would you still eat them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you still eat them? : It makes me really happy to know that others would do the same.<strong> I felt a little bit crazy for wanting candy so badly that I ate year old mini eggs</strong>, but this makes it seem normal and not at all desperate.
    Posted by QuiltingNurse[/QUOTE]

What's crazy is that they lasted a year before you ate them. That would NEVER happen at my house.

*******************************************************************************************

• Lol - I totally would have at least tried them. If they looked funny, maybe not, and if they tasted funny I wouldn't have eaten any more.

Glad you enjoyed them though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Hmm, while those are my favorite Easter candy I think that I would have passed.  Only because I know that I could get fresher ones at every grocery/convenience store right now, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I would ever have mini eggs around for that long, I eat them so fast when we have them in the house.  I would have eaten them too :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-you-still-eat-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e15331d3-aa89-4200-824e-75e42aa772e9Post:fb8fd45a-55fe-479d-9397-c3b8e9e3a566">Re: Would you still eat them?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Easter is my favorite time of year.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

We have mini eggs all year round in Canada! :D I was just having this discussion with some American girls in my program a few weeks ago. It's only in the last fee years that Cadbury has had them available all the time, but I'm ok with this. :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards