Wedding Woes

s/o pee on the floor WWWWD?

My sister was telling me about one of my niece's friends.  Girl is 13 yo.  She came over for a sleepover and the girls were all hanging out in the kitchen.  They got tickled and laughing about something and Girl peed her pants - not a little leak, but a puddle on the floor.  The other girls started screeching and laughing at this turn of events.  Girl was laughing about it, too.  Niece grabs paper towels and cleaning supplies (they have a leaky dog so she is well training in cleaning up pee) and handed it to the girl (I think the other girls had left the room) and the girl refused to clean it up saying that it was "only a little water."  

My niece got my sister and she cleaned it up.  Then my sister noticed that the girl hadn't changed her clothes so she asked her if she wanted a plastic bag to put her pants in and discovered that the girl brought no clothes with her to the sleepover - not even a pair of pajamas. So yes, she was sitting on their sofa in pee-soaked pants.  My sister gave her some of her clothes to wear overnight and take home the next day.  She didn't seem to be embarassed at all and even joked about how this happens to her a lot. 

So WWWD?  I don't think I'd be inviting this girl over again.  I understand having this problem, but 13 is way to old to not be prepared for it, IMO.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: s/o pee on the floor WWWWD?

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

WHAT THE WHAT.  bless your sister for not sending the girl home to change her pee pants.

• baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't invite her over again, and I would have pulled her mother aside and told her what went down, and that she needs to have a talk with her daughter about being prepared and cleaning up her own bodily fluids.

Of course, I wouldn't have let the girl get away with not cleaning up after herself, either. And I might have called her mom when she didn't have any clothes to wear. But I'm a bitch. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm what the what-ing all of this.  It was *not* 'just a little water', it was PEE.   Clean up after yourself.  And what the what at no change of clothes and sitting on someone's furniture in pee-soaked pants?  And then JOKING about it?   So.not.appropriate. 

Did your sister think the girl had other issues (like was she socially awkward or something out of the norm)?

She'd not be getting another invite from me.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_pee-floor-wwwwd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:430df5cd-eeb2-4e8a-ad74-dbf88b395b5cPost:004cf169-6e0d-491c-8418-48a9c3ba92a9">Re: s/o pee on the floor WWWWD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't invite her over again, and I would have pulled her mother aside and told her what went down, and that she needs to have a talk with her daughter about being prepared and cleaning up her own bodily fluids. Of course, I wouldn't have let the girl get away with not cleaning up after herself, either. And I might have called her mom when she didn't have any clothes to wear. But I'm a bitch. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

THIS, exactly. How are you not prepared at 13 years old? Especially for an overnight. And why did the mom not know that her daughter was going to a sleepover with not even a pair of PJs?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    she would be cleaning up her pee and calling her parents for a change of clothes. if she refused to clean, she'd be going home.
    i would probably say something to other parents, and likely would not invite this girl back.
    edited December 2011
    What would this girl have done if she got her period? Even at 13, mine was pretty predictable, but not so much that I wouldn't have brought extra extra clothes to a sleepover. Would she have left bloodstains on the couch, too?

Your sister needs to talk to this girl's mother. There's something not right there. 
  • edited December 2011
    What mom doesn't make sure her kid has clothes for a sleepover?
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally did this at BFF's house when I was about the same age.  I cleaned it up, we put her rug in the washer and ship shape. 
  • edited December 2011
    What BMom said.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would have talked to the mom and the kid.  It's not normal for a 13 yo to pee their pants.  It's also not normal for them to show up with nothing for a sleepover.  Did the child not carry in a bag?  Something is off here.
  • edited December 2011
    except for the consistent periods. AF snuck up on me this month, and I am 33. That b1tch has been erratic since Day One.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have never met this girl but I did meet the mom once.  She is friends with my sister.  Several years ago she called me up and wanted to stay with me while she was in town for a conference.  I pointed out that I had a one bedroom apartment but she didn't care she would sleep on my couch to avoid a hotel bill.  Then she called back to say a friend would be with her...a friend that she had never met but that would also be flying in from the UK for this conference and they had mutual friends.  Ummm...okay?  I was all kinds of uncomfortable with this and hid/locked up a lot of things in my apartment (like knives).  The two of them stayed up late playing songs on the guitar and singing (they were both 30+, not teenagers...it was weird).  My sister didn't know about the random stranger when she gave this lady my phone number.

So to summarize...talking to the mom may not help.  The whole family is a little socially ignorant. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_pee-floor-wwwwd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:430df5cd-eeb2-4e8a-ad74-dbf88b395b5cPost:4a05e3d0-3ac9-487c-bbf8-be3085418f32">Re: s/o pee on the floor WWWWD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]she would be cleaning up her pee and calling her parents for a change of clothes. if she refused to clean, she'd be going home. i would probably say something to other parents, and likely would not invite this girl back.
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ah...crazy does not fall far from the tree.
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Someone needs to try talking to the parents, and if they are raising her to think that is okay, maybe there is a school guidance counselor that can step in, because something needs to be done.

br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    What?  Someone you met once wanted to crash on your couch and bring a friend, and you said yes?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woooowwww Zsa. 

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    what?  what.  what?

btw, this is the classic example of "ask vs. guess."  she is an ask; you are a guess.  "i live in a one bedroom" is a no to a guess person, but a maybe or a yes to an ask person.
    edited December 2011
    You know, mentioning getting your period reminding me of my sleepover nightmare.  I was also about 13 and my periods were crazy heavy when I was that young. I bled through my pad, through my pajamas, THROUGH MY SLEEPING BAG and onto the carpet in my friends family room.  I woke up early before the other girls, discovered the disaster, pulled a wash cloth out of my bag and scrubbed with cold water until it came out.  I left a wet spot on the carpet but at least it wasn't a bloody wet spot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    WHAT THE WHAT.  are you *sure* you weren't stabbed? 
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I had a public period mishap like that when I was about that age, too.
    edited December 2011
    Hmo - If that happened to me now I would drive myself to the ER thinking that I was hemmoraging. Thankfully my uterus dried out and shriveled up within a few years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    That's a normal first-day period for me, Hmo. Something about the tilt of my ute prevents nighttime mishaps like Zsa's, but I can't leave the house, because I have to change my overnight pad every 45 minutes. Sooner if I actually get up out of my chair and walk around. 

And yeah, first thing in the morning is lovely. I have to get out of bed in stages or end up doing a LOT of laundry. 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my period on the last day of a school-sponsored coed camping trip in sixth grade.  I had changes of clothes, but no sanitary products.  I was horribly embarrassed, but my English teacher ended up saving the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards