New York-Western
Options

Catholic Ceremony Music

Hey girls!  If any of you are having a full Catholic ceremony, what songs did you choose for the presentation of the gifts and for communion?
8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!

Re: Catholic Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "The Wedding Song" by Noel Paul Stookey
    don't remember the other one.... I think maybe "I will Follow You" by John Denver...

FWIW- I would suggest talking w/ the musician or coordinator at your church before getting your heart set on any music.  Our was verrrry strict and I had already fallen in love with a song for the processional.  (Train's "Marry Me"... I would have been happy to have just an instrumental, but they would not allow that either... I was so bummed!!!)...  some are more relaxed than others, but most (mine did) basically give you a hadnful of songs to select from for various parts of the mass.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some common choices for Catholic Weddings (I work for the Catholic Church- not to seem like a vendor, only to qualify my response)  for either are "Supper of the Lord" by OCP publications,  settings of Ave Maria- the Schubert is most popular,  Where ever you go by GIA publications, The Gift of Love,  Mozart's Laudate Dominum, Frank's "Panis Angelicus,"  "In Love we Choose to Live" by GIA publications, any setting of psalm 34- taste and see, "Love Divine, All Love's Excelling," "The King of Love My Shepherd is,"  "We Have Been Told," "One Bread, One Body."   The church music minister should have many more suggestions for you, but feel free to private message me if you need anything! Good luck! 
    "Love is friendships set to music"
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in a church but not a catholic one. The organist gave us selections and we choose one we liked. I would ask the person playing they might have some good ideas!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards