Wedding Woes

I have one of those stupid recalled high chairs.

I'm not returning it or whatever. I LOVE our high chair. The reason it's recalled is that there is a toy with our high chair and the toy has a little knobby protrusion on the back where you can hang it when it's not in use. Apparently some kids have hurt themselves on this. I'm keeping it and using common sense. Some of these product recalls wouldn't happen if some people thought a little more.

Re: I have one of those stupid recalled high chairs.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those recalls are ridiculous. The tricycle thing said there were 10 reported injuries with 6 children requiring stitches. I'm sure more kids have required stitches banging into the coffee table. Should we recall coffee tables? How about sidewalks? Maybe we should recall childhood altogether and lock kids in a padded room until they're 18.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on the other hand, the tricycle defect is very easily fixed - all you ahve to do is request a replacement part.  So why not do it and save a few kids some genital injury (yes, that's the tricycle issue). 

They also switched the way automatic windows are handled in cars because a few children choked themselves to death by accidentally rolling the window up on themselves while they were looking out the window.  I really don't have an issue with that and am so glad we finally have 2 cars with the correct switches.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_one-of-those-stupid-recalled-high-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:821e4ea5-e82a-41f1-aae2-f99ac10bf813Post:2b36800c-42e6-413e-8312-8b5ff04931a6">Re: I have one of those stupid recalled high chairs.</a>:
    [QUOTE]on the other hand, the tricycle defect is very easily fixed - all you ahve to do is request a replacement part.  <strong>So why not do it and save a few kids some genital injury (yes, that's the tricycle issue)</strong>.  They also switched the way automatic windows are handled in cars because a few children choked themselves to death by accidentally rolling the window up on themselves while they were looking out the window.  I really don't have an issue with that and am so glad we finally have 2 cars with the correct switches.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]
    Especially if you ever want grandkids,
  • InksWellInksWell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DED @ recalling childhood.
    Dear Rain, Not Today. Sincerely, My Parade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards