Snarky Brides

Where are you all?!

Re: Where are you all?!

• I agree with your unpop op, J. And I can't disagree when I see those memes or whatever that talk about how Conservative Christians only care about your life until you're born. It's kind of true, and it pisses me off (and makes me sad.)

Nebb- that's awesome.  I think another reason it's such a big issue here is just that we have 300,000,000 people. You're bound to have a HUGE variety of opinions. Plus so much is done state-by-state and a lot of stuff varies by state or region, so there's a lot of clashing when the federal government tries to interfere. 
  • That does make sense. I think its hard for me to "get it" because ive grown up in a country where its so different. Its strange to me that I can SEE your country, yet we are very very different places. Not that I judge, its just different from what I know.
  • J, I agree with your UO.

I've had a productive day. Got my oil changed and truck cleaned, dyed my hair, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, steamcleaned the floors, got the stains out of the carpet, 2 loads of laundry - and got book stuff done. I think tonight will be mostly writing.

H is working down the street, so I'll probably walk down there again in a few to hang with him until dark.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:6784dc36-26c5-476b-83cd-be45a2aa9932">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That does make sense. I think its hard for me to "get it" because ive grown up in a country where its so different. Its strange to me that I can SEE your country, yet we are very very different places. <strong>Not that I judge,</strong> its just different from what I know.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, it's completely fucking judgeworthy.  It's ridiculous that we're still having conversations about whether or not two consenting adults can be married. </div>
  • Did you go black sesh?!
  • Sesh, did he see your hair yet? What'd he say?
  • Wow, Sesh, that IS a productive day!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:0f7dab56-9e93-44e0-872c-44c9ebd683b8">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you go black sesh?!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Once you go black....</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:055d47ff-a16c-4c06-b51d-60913a408483">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : Oh, it's completely fucking judgeworthy.  It's ridiculous that we're still having conversations about whether or not two consenting adults can be married. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    lol I judge THAT but I dont judge all americans, is what I mean. Canadians have our own stereotypes about americans (like americans do about canada), but ive learned that they are largely untrue based on what I have learned from everyone here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:0f7dab56-9e93-44e0-872c-44c9ebd683b8">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you go black sesh?!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I hear you'll never go back.

• Ha, jinx Steph!

• lol you guys are jinxing all over the place today
  • I want to know some stereotypes that Canada has of Americans.

The only Canadian stereotypes I know of are few and far between.  Basically that you all live in Igloos and ride moose and say 'eh' a lot. But, then again. I DO live in Minnesota, so we're practically Canadian anyway. (At least according to the rest of the country.)
  • Clearly we need some newbs to infiltrate over here. We're all the same now. 
  • I've heard that Canadians have beady little eyes and flappy little heads.

• I did go black. Well, "soft black" according to the box, ha.

H came home for lunch and after about 15 minutes (mind you, he didn't really get a good look at me since I was running around cleaning) I asked, "So, notice anything different?"

He looked around the house, then back at me. It took about 20 seconds before he said, "Oh, you're hair!" He liked it, as he always has. It's not too different from my normal color, really, so he doesn't consider it a drastic change. He said it makes me look "striking."
  • Truth, I do say Eh quite a lot.

I post on comment sections for a nation wide news source a lot and whenever america comes up, it seems resounding that people think americans are dumb hicks, the lot of them. I mean I understand there are some, but that would be like thinking all canadians are newfies (our hicks lol)
  • Well, to be fair. There are a lot of ignorant hicks running around the South. ;)
    (In all honesty, there's plenty of them in MN and WI too, mostly small towns.)

How's that for more stereotyping?
  • Don't be calling me a hick, you hick!

• Evening ladies!

We've been to get pedi's,then to Home depot for paint samples (I got 2 to paint on the wall to see which we like best), to Michaels to get the other things I need for my wreath, and last the grocery store.

Dud's I love the laundry room!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think I'm the only person who doesn't do the whole paint samples thing. I got "oh, I want a grey" and just pick one out and paint.  Granted, I'll take a bunch of those paint chip things and compare if I'm trying to directly match something. But usually, I just don't care. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:814bbd95-295b-44bc-8fd3-4308566df13c">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm the only person who doesn't do the whole paint samples thing. I got "oh, I want a grey" and just pick one out and paint.  Granted, I'll take a bunch of those paint chip things and compare if I'm trying to directly match something. But usually, I just don't care. 
    We do that. No freaking way am I wasting time painting random squares on my wall and then painting over them! thats precious time!
  • Hey, everyone.

I'm here for a bit, trying to get the energy to get up and get ready to go out tonight. We're going to a fundraiser-thingy for my friend's aunt, and I'm hoping we have a good time even though I'm just not in the mood to go out tonight.
  • I've never painted my own place before. I really want to paint the walls here, but I don't want to pay for it. Plus, we have super high ceilings so it would be a pain in the ass. They're just a boring off-white. I want something pretty.

OK, I'm off for my walk down the street. Be back later.
  • I grew up with people who thought that if you had to leave the county (yes, county, not countRy) to get it it wasn't worth having.  Meanwhile the county's largest city has less than 40,000 people in it.  It's not ignorance exactly, but I don't understand having zero interest in the larger world around you and the experiences it has to offer you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:814bbd95-295b-44bc-8fd3-4308566df13c">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm the only person who doesn't do the whole paint samples thing. I got "oh, I want a grey" and just pick one out and paint.  Granted, I'll take a bunch of those paint chip things and compare if I'm trying to directly match something. But usually, I just don't care. 

Well I usually do the whole paint chip thing. And it was different when it was my house. But, H is picky and we are trying to transition from the front room to the foyer. So, I thought I would try the samples.

I do have a lot of paint chips in my purse!
  • We went to Home Depot, looked at all the paint chips, picked a color, brought it home and painted.  If I was specifically trying to match something I might bring the chips home to compare if I couldn't take the item I was trying to match/compliment to the store.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:a03475f0-6d26-4cc0-b6d6-65f00c510e7d">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to Home Depot, looked at all the paint chips, picked a color, brought it home and painted.  If I was specifically trying to match something I might bring the chips home to compare if I couldn't take the item I was trying to match/compliment to the store.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Loopy- when you moving?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:977919b5-6385-479a-9961-d1b4e87b0bdf">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : I've been looking for a new show for Troy and I to get into. We were obsessed with Breaking Bad and a couple friends recc'd Dexter for us to get into next. I think you've convinced me :)
    Posted by ewhiteman06[/QUOTE]

<div>DO IT! haha. The books are good too so far! I've only read the first 2 though. </div>
  • All of our upstairs rooms are the same colour, a really really pale olive green with undertones of tan. Our hallway is a pale tan and the kitchen is a grey/olive. I have pretty simple paint tastes lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards