Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Invitations & Registries

So I just got off the phone with a woman from Etsy for invitations and she quoted me at about 105 5x5  pocketfold invites with all inserts, printing, and envelopes for $550-$600. This is a good price right?

Also, DF and I are planning on registering this weekend. Where have you all registered and is 4 months out too early?

Thanks SO much in advance!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Invitations & Registries

• edited December 2011
    4 months out is definitely not too early for registering!  We registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and also at Kohl's.  We did Kohl's because we have one here in town and not much else.  We got our dishes and things at BB&B. 
      As for the invites, I'm not much help because I bought kits from Michael's with pocketfolds and then printed myself, made the embellishments myself, etc.  I ended up completing 75 pocketfold invites for under $100.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Heather! The more I think about it, the more I think $600 is a lot of cash for invites I can order from Cards and Pockets. The thrill of having someone else totally do them made me a little crazy last night.

Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, that is over $5 an invite before postage.  I think that is expensive, but it would depend on your overall budget.  

4 months out seems like a great time to register.  We registered at BB&B and Macys.  HTH!

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with KRM, $5 an invite seems expensive.  But, I am also DIY my own for about $1.60 before postage.

If you love them and they are within your budget, go for it!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    IMO, that's way to much money for paper that is just going to be thrown away anyway. But as pps said, it depends on your budget and how important they are to you. And keep in mind this is coming from someone who bought Wilton invitations and printed her own.

We registered at about 9 months out, so I obviously think 4 is fine. We registered at BB&B (love that store) and Target. I know people have complained about Target's return policies, but we didn't get much from that registry, and what we did get didn't need returned.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I'm paying more than that for invitations, FWIW, but I had the budget to do it and am so happy with my invites- I really wanted (and got) letterpress, which can be pricier, and I also wanted to use tree-free paper if I could find it.  I don't think there's a "right" answer to whether or not something is too expensive if it's in your budget and you love the item.

Four months definitely isn't too early!  Is your shower coming up soon?  Just remember to keep an eye on your registry as you get closer to the wedding so you can add items if you need to.  We registered at Williams-Sonoma and Macy's and have been very happy with them so far.  We're still kicking around the idea of putting together another small registy on Amazon.  (Our wedding is pretty big and my mom keeps saying I need more stuff, oy!)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link for what MB Bride calls "budeget" invites.  We got our invites off here.  They turned out so nice.  I would never spend 600 on something people will most likely toss after the wedding.

http://www.mbbride.cceasy.com/WE_SearchResults.cfm?prev=1&TempPrev=0&blnPreviewRequestSubmitted=0&recordsperpage=8&CompletedOrder=0&sBasketID=0&Group=Budget%20-%20Invitations&alogo=1&menu=None&morethanonepage=YES&HostDomain=www%2Embbride%2Ecceasy%2Ecom%2F&FirstTimeThrough=1&format=WedEns13CCa
  • edited December 2011
    Try American Wedding or Exclusively weddings online.  I found  (175) invites and all for a little under $400, plus you can find coupons on the internet. I think both of these also will send you out samples.  They both currently have 20% off coupons that I found online by Googling wedding coupon codes.
    Hope that helps
  • concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent about $300 for 100 pocketfold invites. That included all the paper, tape runners, and the paper cutter, heat gun, and embossing supplies. I had a triple layer under my actual invite and 3 inserts. I was really happy with how they turned out. I bought all my paper from paperandmore.com. When I researched they definitely had the lowest price per pocketfold. (I had the rectangle ones though.) My only advice would be to schedule a day for invitation party and have as many BP members/friends come as possible. It's a lot more fun than doing them all by yourself. Oh, and get as much pre-cut as possible. HTH!

We registered at about 6 months out at BB&B and Target. Both have been great so far. In fact, I received a broken platter at my shower and BB&B is replacing it for free.
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I think I am going to go the DIY route. I've had a few girlfriends and even DF offer to help!

As for registering, I think we are going to go with JC Penny and BBB!

Thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards