Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where to send bridal shower gifts

I have a girlfriend getting married, and unfortunately I'm unable to attend both the shower and the wedding due to work issues.  I would like to send her a shower gift to let her know I wish I could be there.  She lives in Texas, but the shower and wedding are in Pennsylvania.  My question is, should I ship the gifts to be opened at the shower, or ship them to her house in Texas so she doesn't have to lug them back?

Re: Where to send bridal shower gifts

• Options
    I would absolutely send them to Texas.  No question.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I would ship them to Texas as well.

I know I would appreciate not having to move that much stuff around! 

It's very nice of you to send a gift, and even moreso to worry about where you should send it. You're a good friend :)
  • Options
    Texas.
  • Options
    If you want her to have something to open at the shower (so she knows you wish you were there on the day) a nice card with a gift certificate would be the way to go.
  • Options
    It looks like Texas is the consensus!  Maybe I'll take a picture of the wrapped gifts and send that & a card for her to open at the shower- something to look forward to when she gets home!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_send-bridal-shower-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fad474b-e224-4914-9cbd-96e25f52cb26Post:489f0412-50bd-4504-b323-be3a281d2647">Re: Where to send bridal shower gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks like Texas is the consensus!  Maybe I'll take a picture of the wrapped gifts and send that & a card for her to open at the shower- something to look forward to when she gets home!
    Posted by NYCFoodieBride[/QUOTE]

I love that idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards