Washington-Seattle

Wedding Help Thursday

:)
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding Help Thursday

• *sigh* The only club board I actually was starting to enjoy and get involved with blew up and now is infested with people from other boards that have a tendency to be harpies and unwelcoming.  I learned last week to not go to THEIR board(s), and now their on that board. There's no help to be had - I'm just bitching.  Balls.
  • Yeah. BLowing my mind on the PS board right now. Unbelievable. My whole September board watches it because we're all really close to one of the "regs" on the board.. and it'sjust.. ridiculous. 
  • The PS board is definitely entertaining.  Any idea what caused the sudden SB/E takeover?  Anything besides the Mod situation?
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • I lurk on the E board and checked out the SB boards (I like to snark sometimes too - FI suggested I try and play too...BAD idea.)  Anywho.  I extrapolated that they lurked on PS based on several links in some of the larger threads from when the PS board was originally started.  Also, DJ and Amethyst post/ed on the E board fairly frequently.  DJ is more accepted there, so this means the posters on the E/SB boards are more supportive. 

On the PS board there's a back history from when the MOD was chosen.  Some of the original PS posters (a small/medium group or clique) expected one girl, DJ was chosen.  There's some remaining or perceived jealousy/resentment.  That's the base.

Apparently what I can tell that started THIS blow up is that one chick named Kendall got herself banned on the umpteenth SN for the Umpteenth time.  Amethyst, who has been known to be vocal in the past about her dislike for DJ as MOD and/or DJs MODing methods, posted a thread asking why this had happened.  This is when the E/SB posters came out and said "sooo...what's up with you and this whole DJ thing."  The post was about 9+ pages long and from what I can tell from lurking on the E boards, went all over topic pretty easily.  By page 8 I was done reading.  More topics have happened over the last 2 days.

Now E/SB brides (regardless of their current/former/future size) are saying they should be MOD.  Jokingly, seriously - who knows.

I've stayed out of all the she said/she said MOD issue crap.  I don't care who's MOD.  My month forum doesn't have a MOD (I don't think anyway - see how much I pay attention.)  It's pretty clear that for the most part - a large majority of the posters who were in the PS forum that weren't involved in the MOD thing, and didn't come in from the E/PS boards really just want a place they can talk to other PS girls about whatever.  Seems a lot of us just wanna talk about what we normally talked about - and not have to worry about being jumped or harped on as might happen on other boards.  That's my concern at least.

tl;dr:  Bitches got crazy!

(sorry so long)
  • Yeah, Jm is a good friend of mine. So sweet... And I feel badly that she has gotten wrapped up in this.. even now... Even after she welcomed DJ back in (I have jm on my month board and on my fb, so a group of us have been lurking and discussing the antics since the day the board was created) 
    It's a lot of frustration, and I really like the SB board, but this stuff is pissing me off. They all need to just chill out and let the board be there for what it's purpose was originally. All those poor girls that were so excited to find a board that they could easily relate to.. and now it's all crazyness :/ 
  • I think after the holidays things will cool off.  Apparently I used my witty charm and snacks to "win" them over.  I'm not yet sure if this is a good or bad thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards