New Jersey
Options

Favor Ideas--Navy Blue and Pink

Hi Everyone! I am looking for favor ideas for a navy and pink wedding (more like a fuschia color). I don't think I want to do the candy jar thing. Anyone have any ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Favor Ideas--Navy Blue and Pink

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing something totally different for my wedding that still incorporates food.  I'm getting those chinese take-out box favor boxes (found them the cheapest at papermart.com) and putting a ribbon in our wedding colors around the outside similar to this: http://www.weddingthings.com/images/uploads/chinese-takeout-box-white.jpg

Then, inside each box (there will be a box at each seat), I'm putting three organza bags or glassine envelopes/bags each filled with a food that represents an important place for us: salt water taffy (representing NJ where I'm from), honey roasted nuts or some other NY treat (representing NYC where we were both working when we met), and a Latin American candy/treat (representing where FI is from).  In order to ensure guests understand what each bag of treats represents, we're either going to tie little tags around each bag OR just have a card inside the box or a sticker on the outside of the box explaining it to guests.

Obviously, the details aren't totally hashed out yet since we have awhile, but I wanted to do some type of favor that wouldn't go to waste and that would represent the two of us in some way.

Maybe you could do something like that based on important places to you and your FI or places where the two of you have traveled together.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would do something edible and package it in navy and pink - candy, cookies, pretzels, nuts, mints, caramel apples, taffy, truffles, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't necessarily have to have favors in your colors...unless that's what you really want.

I would stick with food/edible favors, as trinkets are not normally useful.

Chocolate covered pretzels
    Cupcakes
    Cookies
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whatever favor you decide, you can always dress it up with a colored ribbon in your wedding colors. Wine bottles, cookies, pretzels, mandms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did two edibles, a favor box with 4 different truffles and chocolate dipped pretzels from Cakes N' All...Here's a picture of the Pretzels, they were amazing we did white chocolate wth blue sugar crystals, chocolate with crushed oreo and white chocolate drizzle, regular chocolate with white chocolate drizzle, and white chocolate with regular drizzle, these were to go with our wedding colors.

• Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are so great Cheryl!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_favor-ideas-navy-blue-pink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5e26663c-fd1b-4674-af0f-35f90ab8299bPost:ec87f041-efd6-49cb-9ec0-501dee852494">Re: Favor Ideas--Navy Blue and Pink</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are so great Cheryl!!
    Posted by jchristel[/QUOTE]

Wanna know the best part, my vendor found out that we didn't get the oreo ones, which I died for, and has offered to make me oreo ones just because :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I love all the ideas! My FI is from Boston so I was trying to think of something unique for both of us that we could maybe put in a box with our colored ribbon. I definitely want to do something edible--all of the ideas above are great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not a box of Boston Baked Beans candy (http://www.ferrarapan.com/html/beans.html) - they are actually candy coated peanuts - and then some type of Jersey thing that would be unique to you... salt water taffy maybe?
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_favor-ideas-navy-blue-pink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5e26663c-fd1b-4674-af0f-35f90ab8299bPost:8f0a0795-b152-4d61-b1f0-6d143c3edc98">Re: Favor Ideas--Navy Blue and Pink</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favor Ideas--Navy Blue and Pink : Wanna know the best part, my vendor found out that we didn't get the oreo ones, which I died for, and has offered to make me oreo ones just because :)
    Posted by cherylanddan0706[/QUOTE]

<div>I emailed your vendor to get an idea on pricing.  I showed FI the oreo ones and it's the most excited I've seen him about wedding planning. :)</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! :) She is going to meet us for a special "oreo pretzel" gathering :)  Be sure to keep one I was stupid and didnt' hahha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards