New Hampshire

Hairdresser Advice

Hello... Ok, so please tell me if i am out of line/ if this would be weird.... I wanted all my bridemaids to have the option of getting their hair done the day of the wedding and tried to find the cheapest option. All but one opted in for the updo. I found a hairstylest that would charge $75 pp. When i was telling my mother about it she said she already had her hair stylest coming to do her hair and my sisters. So, trying to be flexible i called her stylest and asked her price and she would be 5 - 10 dollers more expensive. Now would it be weird to have 2 stylest from 2 seperate places and am i wrong for being annoyed with my mother? Thanks for the advice....

Re: Hairdresser Advice

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can understand your being a bit annoyed by your mother.  Certainly it would have been better to have discussed this in advance so that you could have been on the same page and avoided the awkwardness of having two separate hairdressers.

This being said, she seems set on using hers, and hers is more expensive.  Have you tried negotiating the price of her hairdresser to match yours?  Maybe if you explain to her hairdresser that you can get her more business if she'll lower her price a few dollars, she might go for it, and then you'd have the same hairdresser.

On the other hand, if you have several 'heads' to do---not sure how big your bridal party is---then it might make sense to have more than one hairdresser anyway.  If you've given your mom's hairdresser the option to do the others if she meets your price criteria, but she declines, then you shouldn't feel badly about bringing in your own vendor that meets your criteria/price. 

Will it be a bit awkward...yeah, but is it understandable given the present situation....yeah, it is.  Mothers can be stubborn creatures sometimes, (trust me--I realize this first hand).  My advice regarding your mom is that you talk to her and ask her to consult with you about matters for the wedding before committing to vendors in the future to avoid this type of situation.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • teamdaschuhteamdaschuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice :) i think we will end up with 2 seperate hairdressers cause i already talked to my mothers and she said she cant come down in price.... o well :)
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Too bad.  Just make sure that your mom tells her that there will be another hairdresser there also--so that she expects it and there won't be any 'competition' drama between them :)

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • JuJuBee1977JuJuBee1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    Communicating before hand would have made this situation less awkward, but it is what it is.

Also, I think having two hairdressers is fine and I would definitely make sure that each know of the other.

Hope this helps!

Jules
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards