Not Engaged Yet

Since I should probably introduce myself.

Morning ladies! (And any gents that come this way)

I'm Syd- 22 from northern MA. I've been with the BF for nearly 6 years and we're happily NEY. We both currently live at home (frustratingly) but are hoping that will change soon. He's from NH, but we're only 20 minutes apart. I'm so glad there aren't tolls on the state lines.

I went to college in New Haven, CT for Communications where I was a writing and math tutor. I miss it sometimes, except for when I do any kind of purchasing of things like gas or apples because the prices are crazy compared to MA (apples should always be 99 cents a pound! None of that $1.25 shat). I'm on the alumni board, so I'm down there every other month.

I work as a marketing coordinator for a local defense-centric computer processing company. I really like it, but the content (defense centric computer processing) is dry sometimes. I originally wanted to go into fashion design and have been to at least half-a-dozen hair dressing trade shows with my mom- my passions lie on the exact opposite end of the spectrum I'm in lol.

Ask me anything! I've been lurking and posting some and I think all you are really cool and I was kinda sorta wondering if I could sit with you at lunch sometimes?
 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.

• Hi there! I'm surprised to see your intro thread actually, I totally recognize you without it! 

Anyways...

Do you like guacamole?
    What toppings do you like on your pizza?
    Favorite flavor ice cream?

I apologize for all of the food questions. I'm hungover and want to eat all the things.

• Hi
    I recoginzed who you were too without the intro but it's always great to learn more about people.

If you had an unlimited budget and someone else was paying where would you go on vacation?

Do you have a dessert?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:80b40d46-3563-449c-ba3d-cea595ad266a">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you like guacamole? What toppings do you like on your pizza? Favorite flavor ice cream?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
     Guacamole- sometimes I like it, and sometimes it grosses me out. Idk- I think it's a texture thing? It depends on the day. If I was hungover I would NOT want guac. I'm afraid of avacados.

Pizza- I'm a fan of the traditional pepperoni, but in New Haven there's a pizza place (well there's a million and one of them and they're all stellar) called "Abate's" and they have an awesome white pizza with mozzerella and thin-sliced tomatoes that are topped with seasonings and cooked to perfection (and I hate tomatoes - the jelly is gross - another texture thing). I also love Hawiian pizza too or any pizza with bacon.

Ice cream - lately I've been into the chocolate marshmellow swirl, but at the icecream stand, mint choc. chip frozen yogurt is a stand by. Basically, anything with chocolate. I have a problem :(
  • s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:f1321fa2-bc3f-43cc-96d6-24286509289a">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you had an unlimited budget and someone else was paying where would you go on vacation? Do you have a dessert?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Vacation - I'd probably take a 3 month tour of Europe, and since the budget is from someone else's pocket, I'd probably take another 3 month tour of the south-pacific and Australia. I've never left the states and the farthest I've traveled from home are FL and AZ. I wish I could travel more! I guess that just means I have to save more money lol

Dessert- hmmm I love chocolate cake. It's terrible. There is a cake in my house at least once a week and I will pick at it for breakfast and then all evening after I get home. Need a before dinner snack? Howbout some cake! Dessert? Cake! Muchie before bed? Cake! I want to get into baking more, but I feel like I don't have enough time.

My brother and I are going to be taking a Mediterranean cooking class so maybe it'll be almost like going to Greece and maybe they'll be baklava - best of both worlds!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:50e34a04-cca9-4dd3-a6f0-342733164736">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. :  Guacamole- sometimes I like it, and sometimes it grosses me out. Idk- I think it's a texture thing? It depends on the day. If I was hungover I would NOT want guac. I'm afraid of avacados. Pizza- I'm a fan of the traditional pepperoni, but in New Haven there's a pizza place (well there's a million and one of them and they're all stellar) called "Abate's" and they have an awesome white pizza with mozzerella and thin-sliced tomatoes that are topped with seasonings and cooked to perfection (and I hate tomatoes - the jelly is gross - another texture thing). I also love Hawiian pizza too or any pizza with bacon. Ice cream - lately I've been into the chocolate marshmellow swirl, but at the icecream stand, mint choc. chip frozen yogurt is a stand by. Basically, anything with chocolate. I have a problem :(
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>Re: Guac: This makes me sad. Avocados are nothing to be afraid of, I swear!</div><div>
    </div><div>Re: Pizza: That white pizza sounds a lot like "pizza pizazz" which I grew up with in Philly. It's my favorite pizza on earth. There's a TON of garlic which is like heaven to me. </div><div>
    </div><div>Re: Ice cream: I hope your mint chocolate chip is GREEN!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:080d57a8-68ec-4145-a155-b6316d02a06f">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : Re: Guac: T<strong>his makes me sad. Avocados are nothing to be afraid of, I swear! </strong>Re: Pizza: That white pizza sounds a lot like "pizza pizazz" which I grew up with in Philly. It's my favorite pizza on earth. There's a TON of garlic which is like heaven to me.  Re: Ice cream: I hope your mint chocolate chip is GREEN!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

My anxiety regarding avacados makes a lot of people sad. My mom hated avacados and we never ate what she didn't like - which is why we only had spagetti and meatballs like 2x a year! haha.

Down the road from me there is a "Pizza Pizazz" - unfortunately it sucks, so I'm sure yours is better. and I love garlic too! It should be in almost everything.

And whoever makes mint chocolate chip icecream that ISN'T green is silly. How would they know it's mint if they don't make it green! Then It's just regular chocolate chip with surprise mintyness and I'm sure I wouldn't be happy if I was expecting creamy vanilla and got a mouthfull of mint. Who cares about food dyes! Whatever! I want green icecreeeeem
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:e0029e3c-c5ee-42f7-bc2a-39ff1bb5c593">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : My anxiety regarding avacados makes a lot of people sad. My mom hated avacados and we never ate what she didn't like - which is why we only had spagetti and meatballs like 2x a year! haha. Down the road from me there is a "Pizza Pizazz" - unfortunately it sucks, so I'm sure yours is better. and I love garlic too! It should be in almost everything. <strong>And whoever makes mint chocolate chip icecream that ISN'T green is silly. How would they know it's mint if they don't make it green! Then It's just regular chocolate chip with surprise mintyness and I'm sure I wouldn't be happy if I was expecting creamy vanilla and got a mouthfull of mint. Who cares about food dyes! Whatever! I want green icecreeeeem</strong>

<div>AMEN SISTAH!</div>

• I also recognized you without your intro.  I play on CC sometimes when I'm bored though.

Favorite wine? 
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:b54ce7fa-2b09-40bb-8711-611ab1f494c6">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : Vacation - I'd probably take a 3 month tour of Europe, and since the budget is from someone else's pocket, I'd probably take another 3 month tour of the south-pacific and Australia. I've never left the states and the farthest I've traveled from home are FL and AZ. I wish I could travel more! I guess that just means I have to save more money lol Dessert- hmmm I love chocolate cake. It's terrible. There is a cake in my house at least once a week and I will pick at it for breakfast and then all evening after I get home. Need a before dinner snack? Howbout some cake! Dessert? Cake! Muchie before bed? Cake! I want to get into baking more, but I feel like I don't have enough time. My brother and I are going to be taking a Mediterranean cooking class so maybe it'll be almost like going to Greece and maybe they'll be baklava - best of both worlds!

If someone else is paying I would love to go to Australia as well.  I've been to Europe and to China it was amazing.  BF has never been over to Europe so I can't wait to get him over there at some point. 

I love cake, it's pretty sad.  I love chocolate cake too.  I try to avoid keeping it in the house otherwise I would snack on it all day long. BF bought me cake over the weekend, it was so yummy.  I have a small piece to finish up tonight.   Do you like to bake cakes or just eat them?

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:bb4d3022-94a4-4201-825d-602fb86ec0e5">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Favorite wine? 
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I'm still in the exporatory stages of developing my wine pallette. I really enjoyed a Pinot Grigio I bought this weekend, I like the yellowtail oak-free chardonnay, pinot noir and Moscato (i have an uber sweet sweet tooth). And I'm kind of glad that the $4 Gallos Vineyards don't make me sick, cuz I don't have the budget to buy expensive wine, and the $4 bottles of red are most cost-effective! More drunk for your buck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:0fbc7683-03b2-4e3f-8421-25a61a1de8f5">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : If someone else is paying I would love to go to Australia as well.  I've been to Europe and to China it was amazing.  BF has never been over to Europe so I can't wait to get him over there at some point.  I love cake, it's pretty sad.  I love chocolate cake too.  I try to avoid keeping it in the house otherwise I would snack on it all day long. BF bought me cake over the weekend, it was so yummy.  I have a small piece to finish up tonight.   Do you like to bake cakes or just eat them?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I want to go anywhere! BF never took vacations growing up, so he always thought vacations (anywhere!) were stupid and a waste of money.... We finall went away for a long weekend last summer and he *gasp* enjoyed himself! Now he wants another one. Now if I can convince him to get on a plane.... lol

I like the idea of baking cakes, and have made a few before, but they're like $5-6 at the grocery store and are super yummy and wayy more convenient. I think I want to make a cake this week though. The more I talk about it, the more I want one!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:9efe8882-0149-4b59-a714-100a1dc68c96">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : I'm still in the exporatory stages of developing my wine pallette. I really enjoyed a Pinot Grigio I bought this weekend, I like the yellowtail oak-free chardonnay, pinot noir and Moscato (i have an uber sweet sweet tooth). And I'm kind of glad that the $4 Gallos Vineyards don't make me sick, cuz I don't have the budget to buy expensive wine, and the $4 bottles of red are most cost-effective! More drunk for your buck!

<div>We should be friends.  I can't do chard, so I generally reach for a pinot grigio or moscato when I'm in the mood for a cheap white.  I LOVE Little Penguin Pinot Noir.  It's about $8 around here, but it's yummy.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:9efe8882-0149-4b59-a714-100a1dc68c96">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : I'm still in the exporatory stages of developing my wine pallette. I really enjoyed a Pinot Grigio I bought this weekend, I like the yellowtail oak-free chardonnay, pinot noir and Moscato (i have an uber sweet sweet tooth). And I'm kind of glad that the $4 Gallos Vineyards don't make me sick, cuz I don't have the budget to buy expensive wine, and the $4 bottles of red are most cost-effective! More drunk for your buck!

This. I buy cheap wine all the time. I definitely enjoy Pinot Noir the most and I hate spending more than $6 on a bottle of wine unless I'm getting a nice deal like 2 for $11. My older sister thinks I'm crazy because I like cheap wine but that's only because she is a super wino.
  • I don't spend more than like $10 on a bottle of wine and usually that's one of the big bottles. 

• kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:a090c5e7-df67-48d6-912a-712eaabb8742">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : This. I buy cheap wine all the time. I definitely enjoy Pinot Noir the most and I hate spending more than $6 on a bottle of wine unless I'm getting a nice deal like 2 for $11. My older sister thinks I'm crazy because I like cheap wine but that's only because she is a super wino.
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

<div>Is that like a superhero title? I wouldn't mind being Super Wino. Can get drunk with a single bottle, Iiiiittt'ssssss Suuupeerrr Winnnnooooo!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Hi Syd :) I see you on CC too, and welcome! I have to ask - Do you have a Boston accent? </div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Well, right now my student loans + my rent = 70% of my paycheck, so after gas, groceries, insurance & phone, there's little cash left over for wine. If I'm with others, I'll spring for a "more expensive" wine, at like $7-10, but if I know I'm the only one drinking it, I buy the cheap stuff!

I need to call Sallie Mae and tell her she's cramping my wine style.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:29e3c6f4-cee1-44ac-a630-3721ccc10a1a">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : We should be friends.  I can't do chard, so I generally reach for a pinot grigio or moscato when I'm in the mood for a cheap white.  I LOVE<strong> Little Penguin Pinot Noir.</strong>  It's about $8 around here, but it's yummy.

I've seen the bottle time and time again, so I'll have to try it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:aa153b83-817a-4f84-9f0b-7750013e191c">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't spend more than like $10 on a bottle of wine and usually that's one of the big bottles. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I'll go up to like $13 on a big bottle, but that's only if I'm tryin to show off...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:0de09c98-3298-4659-9b03-8fbec21624e5">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : Is that like a superhero title? I wouldn't mind being Super Wino. Can get drunk with a single bottle, Iiiiittt'ssssss Suuupeerrr Winnnnooooo! Hi Syd :) I see you on CC too, and welcome! I have to ask - Do you have a Boston accent? 
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

Super Wino to the rescue! You look thirsty ma'am, how about a goblet of Cabernet?

Sometimes I have a New England/Lowell accent, it waxes and wanes depending on who I'm around and how intoxicated I am. I don't sound like Mahk Wahlberg or Matt Damon from tha Depaated or Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch from that SNL skit, but I do drive a Kaa and a lot of things are wicked awesome around here. A Lowell accent is a less pronounced variant of the Boston accent. BF has a New Hampshire red-neck accent whose origins are unknown.

KM, do you have a Southern accent? I have a friend originally from Sugarland and I've picked up her "y'all"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:0de09c98-3298-4659-9b03-8fbec21624e5">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : Is that like a superhero title? I wouldn't mind being Super Wino. Can get drunk with a single bottle, Iiiiittt'ssssss Suuupeerrr Winnnnooooo! Hi Syd :) I see you on CC too, and welcome! I have to ask - Do you have a Boston accent? 

I wish it was a superhero title but in her case, it just means she knows a lot about wine. I wouldn't mind being a Super wino either only if the wine was given to me freely instead of me buying it lol.
  • Syd, it should be noted that as a Yankees fan, I have an aversion to Boston accents.

That being said, we visited Boston a few years ago and loved it.  It was such a great little town and we WALKED from Fenway to the July 4th fireworks which was AWESOME that we didn't have to drive or anything.  It was a great time. 

Plus, so far, you sound awesome, so I won't hold the Boston against you (I mean, it waxes and wanes, right?)  My Jersey accent is RIDICULOUS when my mom/sisters get together but it goes away for the most part when I'm teaching.  Until I saw drawer.  Because we all know drawer is pronounced "draw" (since I teach labs, I use the word drawer a lot while teaching, lol)

One of my best friends grew up literally two blocks from my house and sounds like she's straight outta Brooklyn.  It baffles me.

Accents are fascinating ;)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:28b4aa86-a6ca-4c9a-9f92-d8c19705aacc">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : I've seen the bottle time and time again, so I'll have to try it!

<div>I promise it's worth every penny.  I'm not a fan of dry stuff, and it's super well balanced for something as cheap as it is.  Some nights I've been known to drink 1-2 bottles.  I went through a rough period.  Don't judge me.</div>
    I french with my man
  • syd - I do have a southern accent, my I's get a serious drawl to them, especially when I'm drunk. I say ya'll, and those various other things you hear when you watch westerns. I LOVE Boston accents (and Mahk Wahlberg). When I lived in upstate NY I encountered them quite a bit, and once dated a guy from Minnesota (which is not the same, I know, but it's northern ;)). 

I heard a really good joke from my BF's sister. She was walking around saying she couldn't find her 'khakies'. And I was like 'WTF?'. She said she lost her car keys, but was pretending to be from Boston. I lost my sh!t over that.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:fc07282b-6b6d-4442-a117-968b90debb16">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Syd, it should be noted that as a Yankees fan, I have an aversion to Boston accents. That being said, we visited Boston a few years ago and loved it.  It was such a great little town and we WALKED from Fenway to the July 4th fireworks which was AWESOME that we didn't have to drive or anything.  It was a great time.  Plus, so far, you sound awesome, so I won't hold the Boston against you (I mean, it waxes and wanes, right?)  My Jersey accent is RIDICULOUS when my mom/sisters get together but it goes away for the most part when I'm teaching. <strong> Until I saw drawer.  Because we all know drawer is pronounced "draw" </strong>(since I teach labs, I use the word drawer a lot while teaching, lol) One of my best friends grew up literally two blocks from my house and sounds like she's straight outta Brooklyn.  It baffles me. Accents are fascinating ;)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! That's like nails on a chalkboard for me. 
    <div>
    </div><div>IT'S DROOR. </div><div>
    </div><div>Luckily, my FI who was born and raised here, says it the right way (like me and all the other normal people). </div></div>

• I usually spend no more than $15 and that's for a big bottle of wine.  I prefer red but if I do white it's usually moscato. I gave up wine for lent but only another 2 1/2 weeks until I can drink it again. 

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:fc07282b-6b6d-4442-a117-968b90debb16">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Syd,<strong> it should be noted that as a Yankees fan, I have an aversion to Boston accents</strong>. That being said, we visited Boston a few years ago and loved it.  It was such a great little town and we WALKED from Fenway to the July 4th fireworks which was AWESOME that we didn't have to drive or anything.  It was a great time.  Plus, so far, you sound awesome, so I won't hold the Boston against you (I mean, it waxes and wanes, right?)  My Jersey accent is RIDICULOUS when my mom/sisters get together but it goes away for the most part when I'm teaching.  Until I saw drawer.  Because we all know drawer is pronounced "draw" (since I teach labs, I use the word drawer a lot while teaching, lol) One of my best friends grew up literally two blocks from my house and sounds like she's straight outta Brooklyn.  It baffles me. Accents are fascinating ;)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

Going to college in New Haven- a 30 min train ride from the city- was pretty tough. I never ever discussed sports. The yankees are a great team with great players, but they suck ;)

Boston is awesome and i never ever ever want to have to drive in there ever.

Yeah, my accent shifts depending on my company too -if I'm together with my cousin, forget it! Especially because there's usually wine involved... (like that time I accidentally got drunk at her house at 11 am and had to stay passed dinner....)

I think its funny when people deny their accent. My college roomate swears she doesn't have a CT accent, but will still go get a worter bahttle.  Have you seen the Amy Walker video? <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k</a>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:fad8686e-a7c3-46a7-a77f-d74b95b5d039">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : I promise it's worth every penny.  I'm not a fan of dry stuff, and it's super well balanced for something as cheap as it is.  Some nights I've been known to drink 1-2 bottles.  I went through a rough period.  Don't judge me.

Did you drive or stay in? That's the only time I judge!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:44625fe1-b635-4059-b018-5c0221817130">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! That's like nails on a chalkboard for me.  IT'S DROOR.  Luckily, my FI who was born and raised here, says it the right way (like me and all the other normal people). 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    lol
    In under grad we were taught American Standar dialect which help deregionalize you.  So has mostly stuck with me, sometimes people think I have a british accent which is annoying....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:c0b60935-7511-479f-8193-334adf9e78a3">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]syd - I do have a southern accent, my I's get a serious drawl to them, especially when I'm drunk. I say ya'll, and those various other things you hear when you watch westerns. I LOVE Boston accents (and Mahk Wahlberg). When I lived in upstate NY I encountered them quite a bit, and once dated a guy from <strong>Minnesota </strong>(which is not the same, I know, but it's northern ;)).  I heard a really good joke from my BF's sister. She was walking around saying she couldn't find her<strong> 'khakies'.</strong> And I was like 'WTF?'. She said she lost her car keys, but was pretending to be from Boston. I lost my sh!t over that.

Minnesota isn't the same lol. They over extend their oooohs

and they're kahhh- keys not khakies. We are a good bunch to make fun of though. South Boston is where the worst offenders are

And Marky Mark gives me good vibrations even though, techinically, he could be my dad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_since-i-should-probably-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b20f0ebe-0bbc-43ef-92f9-5af48dd23d5dPost:8bace60b-fedb-460f-98a9-d6736da68131">Re: Since I should probably introduce myself.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since I should probably introduce myself. : Did you drive or stay in? That's the only time I judge!

<div>I drove from work to the store to get the wine, and then from the store to the house, and skipped the glass.</div>
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards