Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's evening.

Re: It's evening.

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I didn't punch him, but I was super mad and cried. It wasn't pretty. It's hard because we live in a pretty farmer/redneck community and it's common to be that nonchalant about 'hunting'/ murding innocent squirrels. I was mad at H for even pointing it out. These people are my friends too, it just makes me sad. I hit a pheasant once and cried.
  • No, I mean all the people saying "send her something tacky!"  Dude, the bride didn't do it.  She probably doesn't even know.  WTF.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hey everyone!

Lynda, you've had a bunch of guests lately, haven't you?  I don't think I could keep up with more than like one house guest a month, really.

J-- I always find puzzles at the dollar stores around here. They're not usually super high-quality or anything, but at least they're cheap!

I can't wait to get off work. Crock-Pot Santa Fe Chicken is waiting, and Yuengling, and Portal.
  • Lynda, I'm super jealous that you get to see Zac Brown. I've missed them everytime they've played here.

I can't do hats... I just don't like them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:6992ba7d-366b-4957-9444-a12069c149ee">Re:It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:It's evening.:I would have done the same thing. DH hit a baby coyote in the car once and I seriously bawled for an hour. <strong>FWIW, your use of "ugly cried" did make me giggle.</strong>
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>I would take credit, but I picked it up here haha. </div>
  • I love Zac Brown. I am jealous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Tech N9ne is coming here. I sort of, kind of want to see them. It seems like it would be fun. Maybe.

ETA: I realize I just threw a rapper into a country conversation. But whatever.
  • Hiya!  I love puzzles.  I haven't done any in years though.  We used to always have one out in the den and some of our friends always had them out so we'd walk by and put a piece or two in whenever we were over there.
  • In Response to Re:It's evening.:[QUOTE]No, I mean all the people saying quot;send her something tacky!quot;nbsp; Dude, the bride didn't do it.nbsp; She probably doesn't even know.nbsp; WTF. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]I was just reading that, J. I think people like to give advice to be passive aggressive, but I hope nobody would actually do something like that. I do think someone should let the cousin know about it, though. If something like that happened without my knowledge, I'd want the chance to fix it, you know?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:df20f81b-e0e8-45a3-9c9c-43a88819d6f4">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya!  I love puzzles.  I haven't done any in years though.  We used to always have one out in the den and some of our friends always had them out so we'd walk by and put a piece or two in whenever we were over there.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

That's a cute idea, I like that!
  • Oh yeah, I know what you mean J. I don't think the bride had anything to do with it either. 

Erin - it disturbes me how little people around here value life. I know it's "just a squirrel" but it doesn't mean that they don't deserve to live. And i've heard that phesant tastes really good.
  • Gret - yes.  We have had 9 guests in 3 weeks.

We love Zac Brown.  We've been to 4 shows already in 4 different states.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I should clarify that I meant that people advice others to do passive aggressive things, not that the act of advice giving is passive aggressive. I'm making no sense today!
  • I need to stop watching "House Hunters". I get so jealous. I want a house.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:c9cf234b-dd71-46a6-839c-6682d10d9d34">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I know what you mean J. I don't think the bride had anything to do with it either.<strong>  Erin - it disturbes me how little people around here value life. I know it's "just a squirrel" but it doesn't mean that they don't deserve to live.</strong> And i've heard that phesant tastes really good.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I totally agree.

</div>
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I love hats, but I feel like I'm dressing up when I do.  I used to wear them all the time in high school.  Apparently I was practicing to become a southerner.
  • In Response to Re:It's evening.:[QUOTE]I love hats, but I feel like I'm dressing up when I do.nbsp; I used to wear them all the time in high school.nbsp; Apparently I was practicing to become a southerner. Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]I vote for you to wear more hats. You could totally pull them off!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:7e59b238-3077-4073-95ee-2cae0cd954c7">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love hats, but I feel like I'm dressing up when I do.  I used to wear them all the time in high school.  Apparently I was practicing to become a southerner.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes Mica - join us! : p</div>
  • I like the look of hats, I just would never know what to wear one to.  
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I've never worn a hat that wasn't a baseball cap. I am most definitely from Washington.
  • I guess hats are more a southern thing.. Nobody really wears them here, besides baseball caps to Phillies games and stuff like that. And to the beach to avoid sunburn.
  • Well I was only here for about ten seconds, but a friend of mine just called and we're going to grab drinks :)

Have a great night, ladies!
  • I have just been informed by FI that I will be banned from TK while I'm in England. I told him good luck with that : p
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:daa40057-3c36-456d-9958-49c667adb5ae">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have just been informed by FI that I will be banned from TK while I'm in England. I told him good luck with that : p
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

FI would probably like to do this to me too. Actually he probably thinks I'll stop coming on here once we're married.
  • Maybe hats are a southern thing. I love my floppy pool hat :) 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c1c4530-07a3-470f-ac83-c45cb9a0fc21Post:daa40057-3c36-456d-9958-49c667adb5ae">Re: It's evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have just been informed by FI that I will be banned from TK while I'm in England. I told him good luck with that : p
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

H tries to ban me from TK all the time.  He hasn't been very successful.
  • H tries to ban me from TK too.  I do make an effort to put the computer down more when he is home now.  I'm not sure he realises it though. :)
  • Haha - FI thinks the same. He doesn't seem to understand that we don't sit here and talk about weddings 24/7
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    FI thinks it's weird that I talk to "strangers on the internet" but whatever. He'll learn to live with it.
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Mica and Loopy at least have an excuse. "But I'm a moderator! I NEED to knot!"

ETA - Am I going to be on the top of EVERY page?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards