Pre-wedding Parties

Thank You Notes for Bridal Shower

My bridal shower was yesterday, and I'm wondering about thank you notes. Should they be from me or from both me and my FI since technically the gifts are for both of us since they're for our home. TIA!

Re: Thank You Notes for Bridal Shower

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Technically, the person writing the note signs the note.  So unless your FI writes some, the note is signed by you.

What I did - if the card from the person said, "To Banana and FI" then I signed it from Banana and then FI.  If the card was to just me, I signed it from just me.

If you sign them from just you, you're also fine.  Ditto for wedding TY notes.  If your FI/DH doesn't write them, you indicate what he thinks but sign them yourself.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_thank-notes-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:0c08978a-7e1f-4089-8a5e-113b7efa08c4Post:90522284-e6ed-4f2b-b5a6-a7ebc5b223e2">Re: Thank You Notes for Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically, the person writing the note signs the note.  So unless your FI writes some, the note is signed by you. What I did - if the card from the person said, "To Banana and FI" then I signed it from Banana and then FI.  If the card was to just me, I signed it from just me. If you sign them from just you, you're also fine.  Ditto for wedding TY notes.  If your FI/DH doesn't write them, you indicate what he thinks but sign them yourself.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :0)
  • ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I signed them all with both of our names because the gifts are for both of us. But I think either way works fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great question.  I just had my first shower and wondered the same thing.  I think I am going to sign both of our names to the cards since the gifts are for both of us!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I think either is fine. I signed most of them with just my name but said something like "we will use this for many years to come" that way I am acknowledging my FI as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards