Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Moms

I'm doing a small beach wedding and trying to finalize details. I know traditionally, Mom's come in and light a candle...probably won't stay lit on the beach. I don't like the idea of sand ceremony stuff either. I was trying to think of a "job" that the mom's could do to be included in the ceremony. Would it be weird if the moms carried in the rings and gave to the minister?

Thoughts/ideas??

Re: Moms

• Options
    The mothers could each do a reading or do one together. Also, just being a guest, esp. as MOG or MOB, is an honor. You can have them walk in specially and if you have programs, they will be listed in there. I don't think you have to come up with any other jobs for them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    As a mom, I think being the MOB/MOG is an honor in itself, so you really don't have to find a job for your moms during your ceremony. I do like your idea of the moms carrying in the rings.

• Options
    I've never heard of MOB or MOG actually doing anything besides walking in and sitting down.  I don't think you have to think up a "job" for them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_moms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:8fe2eceb-30f4-4128-a276-8f2e87d07080Post:fc1ba1fe-6e6b-40c1-bcb3-17c3a9585b10">Re: Moms</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard of MOB or MOG actually doing anything besides walking in and sitting down.  I don't think you have to think up a "job" for them. 
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Yes she can hold the rings.  She can also do a reading.  Or you could just get her a corsage.  During our ceremony we gave a "gift" (a rose) to each other's parents as a thank you for raising and loving their child.  So I gave one to MIL and FIL and he gave one to my dad and placed one at a picture of my mom (she is deceased). 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards