Wedding Party

Gifts for guest book attendant and someone doing a reading

Would a heartfelt card and a gift certificate be sufficient?  Thanks!!!!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Gifts for guest book attendant and someone doing a reading

• First, I am going to warn you that you will get a lot of this response (and I will wholeheartedly agree with it)...Do not have a guestbook attendant.  No one needs to be standing their and telling grown adults what is an obvious thing to do.  Also, it is a crap job and no one should have to work at your wedding.

As for the reader, buy something for them that they would enjoy.  Basically shop like it is their birthday or Christmas.  The gifts you should buy for your WP and anyone else involved with the ceremony should feel personal.  If the reader in question loves going to eat or something else that would involve a gift card then that is great, but just make sure that it is personal to their likes and/or hobbies.

• A gift for a guest book attendant could be to not have one....just saying.

People can figure out how to sign the book or you could put a sign out.

I think a card and gift card sounds nice for a reader.
  • I was a guest book attendant/hostess for a friend's wedding for family political reasons, and I went with it.  It wasn't that bad, mostly because in most respects, I was treated as another bridesmaid.  I attended the bridesmaid luncheon and the rehearsal dinner, I got ready with all of the girls, received the same gift, and was in many of the formal and informal photos.  The only difference was that I got to wear my own dress and shoes, stood by the guest book for about 20 minutes before the ceremony, and then was seated with the family for the duration.  So honestly, I think I got the better end of the deal, especially since I didn't have to continue babysitting the book into the reception.

So if you haven't picked someone for the role, I wouldn't.  But if you have, then the best thing to do is to give them the same perks as the other attendants, which includes spending the same amount on their gift.

For our reader, we spent a little less on hers (a Starbucks gift card and travel mug) than we did on the other attendants, but not by very much.  
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • OP, you may also want to make your sig picture a bit smaller.  I am not sure what other people think, but it is kind of large.

• Ditto the others on the guest book attendant. Who is doing it? If it's a younger person who WANTED to do it, then fine. But if it's someone who you just assumed wanted a role and asked them, it's really not an honor, but a job. Grown adults know how to sign a guestbook; no attendant necessary.

For our readers, we got them cards and a gift card to one of their favorite stores.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • As PPs said, nix the guest book attendant.  Even though a lot of guests didn't sign our wedding tree, I still wouldn't have saddled a friend or family member with the honor of that crap job.

We had two readers -- my BIL and a H's friend.  They each got a nice bottle of booze. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-for-guest-book-attendant-and-someone-doing-a-reading?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d3203309-5f5e-403e-b173-f4537f1f7378Post:fc1e3812-9bce-4536-bd72-972200b84ea1">Re: Gifts for guest book attendant and someone doing a reading</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP, you may also want to make your sig picture a bit smaller.  I am not sure what other people think, but it is kind of large.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

oh, no... her sig is comically large.
  • A thank you and gift card would be more than enough.
  • Ship the guest book attendant. It's really not an honor position. A gift card and thank you is fine for the reader.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-for-guest-book-attendant-and-someone-doing-a-reading?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d3203309-5f5e-403e-b173-f4537f1f7378Post:e2873ef1-4525-4562-865f-434953e5c508">Re:Gifts for guest book attendant and someone doing a reading</a>:
    [QUOTE] We treated her absolutely the same as our readers, soloists, and ushers. She was invited to the RD, and recieved a heartfelt thank you note
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

We had a GB attendant as well and treated her the same as what StageManager14 mentioned. I agree that a card and a gift certificate is more than enough.
  • I was a guest book attendant last year and it sucked.  I basically put it out, and made sure that the bride had it at the end of the night (because as pp have said people can figure it out on their own).  

Gift cards done thoughtfully make good gifts depending on the person.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards