Military Brides

Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.

I was lurking over on weddingbee.com and what do I stumble upon:

Not only is KendALL there but also that mollie girl from the other day who DD her post hehe

Mollie is down at number 26 and Kendall is all over.  Some of the girls are even agreeing about how mean we were to her...oh how i'd love to most about why we were acting the way we were towards her.

Photobucket

Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that was a good one! They definitely talked about us there and other brides even checked out our "bitchiness" here and thought it was "sooo mean." 

I don't get how Kendall keeps saying she HATES it here but keeps posting anyway, she's said that a gazillion times. But maybe now she has stayed away for good.

And that Mollie girl, no one was mean to her at all! I didn't even get a chance to reply cus she DD it! 
  • edited December 2011
    When they see this, they'll just say "I can't believe they can't see that they are being mean"

Ugh, if they only knew that Kendall had planned to secretly get JOP'd and then lead everyone to believe that a year later they would be attending her wedding watching her "get married" only to find out that they were being duped into coming to her vow renewal and bought her a gift. UGh. the nerve.
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Of course they'll say that. It seems like all they do over there is complain about TK, don't they have weddings to plan? lol 

I think they might have known, since she said on one post "they were mean to me even after I decided to tell." It seems that women who get flamed here for having bad decisions like JOPing and lying goes over there, complains while the others support them for it. They live in FantasyLand!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, apparently everyone on this board is a stay at home woman who hates her life, that's why everyone is soooooo mean. ;) 

But in all seriousness, I love coming to this board because of the HONEST answers you ladies give, even if they're not always what you WANT to hear. Sometimes it helps to hear someone else's opinion who isn't family or a friend.  I don't post a lot, but I love reading everything!
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know!  I'd rather get an honest answer than have someone talk behind my back.  Of course no one is going to come up to you on your wedding day and tell you how offended they were by something you did.  HELLO!  Just because YOU were rude, doesn't mean your guest is going to be rude back.

Oh and out of curiosity after reading that post, i searched a JOP+vow renewal post.  Rainbows and butterflies!  "Oh do it.  Do what you want, keep it a secret, don't tell your family"  These people have no morals and live in fantasyland for sure.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    For example:

Seriously, this is why military couples get bad reputations.  Also, probably why half of military marriages end in divorce.  Why start your marriage out with a lie? My blood is boiling already at the stupidity!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    IMO for the people who say it won't take away the "special-ness" are wrong. 

The bride knows she's already married and lied to her family and friends. I bet on her wedding day, she won't feel as "special" deep inside, she knows what she did and probably would be guilty seeing her parents and grandparents cry over her "getting married" unless, of course she is just that thick skinned. 
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree.  I feel part of the special feeling is that you will be getting married.  How can you have that when A)you are probably scared that someone might find out and B)Knowing you aren't actually getting married since you are of course already married.

And I swear the next person that says "Oh military couples do it all the time.  It's totally ok" I will personally virtually bitch slap them haha
    Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I like that the babies can't do math.  I'm defintely not over a year past my wedding.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I resent being called a stay at home etc bad name. I actually work full time. Because, ya know, I'm old enough to have a career where I can work full time.
  • edited December 2011
    It's stupid that they think married ladies shouldn't be on here.  Thanks to people like dnb we have more accurate info about tricare and the processes that need to be taken care of after the wedding.  And even over on E, you don't want the blind leading the blind. Comn now!
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I can't read it.  That junk makes me too mad, and honestly makes me scared to live on (or near) base, as I've mentioned before.

Those boards don't care if they're lying, if it hurts anyone, if it's unethical or ILLEGAL, all they care about is that it's MY DAY! *foot stomp*  I am always surprised at first by the sheer number of people who support this awful idea, and then I remember the self-entitled brats that I went to school with, who felt like Daddy HAD to buy them a BMW or Mercedes when they got their license, or that prom was supposed to be this magical night and right of passage so they made their parents plunk down hundreds of dollars on a dress, new shoes, limo, getting their hair and makeup professionally done, etc., and then dragged their poor date around like he was a trophy. Because, you know, they DESERVED it.

I never understood that... who "deserves" all that junk?  Who "deserves" to have someone else pay lots of money on them?  For a fancy prom, a pretty princess day? I don't "deserve" my wedding day - I deserve my groom, and I'm so glad I found him, but my wedding day will be a joy and an incredible gift from my parents.  The wedding is icing on the cake of life - unnecessary but a nice addition.  And these girls literally want to have their cake and eat it, too.  Except they want to eat their cake twice - once with a JOP and once in a pretty white dress.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    I just can't believe people are reading that thread and calling it "attacks."  Apparently anytime you disagree with someone, or tell them it's a bad idea, unless you say sugar coat your answer you are attacking them.

At least their was one voice of reason in that post saying we were giving good advice and not all stay at home moms.  Which I think is funny that of all people it was Kendall who said we are stay at home moms, since she has posted here and knows most of us have no kids and do work.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:563b82f4-4330-465e-9eba-85df0f2990ce">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, this is why military couples get bad reputations.  Also, probably why half of military marriages end in divorce.  Why start your marriage out with a lie? My blood is boiling already at the stupidity!
    Posted by greeneke2[/QUOTE]

I have heard much higher statistics for enlisted marriages, especially junior enlisted. People don't think though. They see more money + "he's a hero!" + pretty pretty princess day + getting to play grown-up (the but I'M mature).

All of that is disaster. The military is hard on relationships, even solid, mature ones. Rushing is not something the military forces on anyone. I'm glad that they're starting to force pre-marital counseling and the like. It's not my utopia, but it's something.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:49344da3-74cb-427a-a010-eb3805b0bcda">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this. : I have heard much higher statistics for enlisted marriages, especially junior enlisted. People don't think though. They see more money + "he's a hero!" + pretty pretty princess day + getting to play grown-up (the but I'M mature). All of that is disaster. The military is hard on relationships, even solid, mature ones. Rushing is not something the military forces on anyone. I'm glad that they're starting to force pre-marital counseling and the like. It's not my utopia, but it's something.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I loved when Katelyn jumped down my throat for telling Kendall she'd probably be divorced by 25.  I didn't say I HOPE she'd be divorced - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I said she'd PROBABLY be divorced, as in "more likely than not".  Um... TRUE!  Take a group of 18-21 year olds who are getting married this year and then poll them in a few years and I am confident that more than half will be miserable if not already separated/divorced.  At the end of 10 years, you'll find a handful still together, but they're the exception and not the rule.  And they're most certainly not self-entitled children who haven't grown up yet by the time they get married.

Any idea if I'll have to go through that marital counseling stuff since we'll be getting married about a month before he goes AD after the bar exam?

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:e3380428-6f08-414d-8557-70baffb45b22">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this. : Yeah, I loved when Katelyn jumped down my throat for telling Kendall she'd probably be divorced by 25.  I didn't say I HOPE she'd be divorced - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I said she'd PROBABLY be divorced, as in "more likely than not".  Um... TRUE!  T<strong>ake a group of 18-21 year olds who are getting married this year and then poll them in a few years and I am confident that more than half will be miserable if not already separated/divorced.</strong>  At the end of 10 years, you'll find a handful still together, but they're the exception and not the rule.  And they're most certainly not self-entitled children who haven't grown up yet by the time they get married. Any idea if I'll have to go through that marital counseling stuff since we'll be getting married about a month before he goes AD after the bar exam?
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Damn, I'm 21!!  I hope that doesn't happen to me!</div><div>
    </div><div>Buuuut, I will be 22 at the time of my wedding AND I'll have been with my fiance for over 4 years...hopefully that counts for something lol</div><div>
    </div><div>Kendall is 19? been with her fiance for 7 months and also TTC....yea bad plan

</div>
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:ec8c4e9e-8edb-40e3-a442-69dc78ad7a76">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this. : Damn, I'm 21!!  I hope that doesn't happen to me! Buuuut, I will be 22 at the time of my wedding AND I'll have been with my fiance for over 4 years...hopefully that counts for something lol Kendall is 19? been with her fiance for 7 months and also TTC....yea bad plan
    Posted by greeneke2[/QUOTE]

Like I said, exception not the rule.  There WILL be successful marriages, but it just so happens your age group typically hasn't matured to the point of being ready for marriage yet.  And obviously more so on the 18-year-old side of that spectrum than the 21-year-old side.

I used to worry about divorce statistics until I started on TheKnot.  And then I saw tons of crazies and people who clearly have major problems before they get married and who just aren't ready for marriage and I felt a lot better.  People like KendALL and Katelyn are going to end up divorced because they don't know who they are and what they're getting themselves into. I can totally see why some people end up divorced, and it's not anyone who is going into the situation the way we (meaning me and my FI, but also "we" as in the sane girls around here) are - with a good knowledge of who you are as an individual, who your FI is, who you are as a couple, your dreams and goals, and a strong plan for the future.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    hahah omg look at Kendall's last post on that thread because she must have been lurking here:

"I LOVE how they like to talk about the threads on here about them"

Ummm hello, some of us have a knot account and a wedding bee account...its not my fault I saw it...and isn't she the one going around and posting threads from the knot on the bee to bitch and complain about us??? 

Kettle meet Pot.
    Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Calindi, no, you won't. It's command specific, and he won't have an actual command yet! You should take a L.I.N.K.S. class though, even if it's not required! Everyone told me that even I would get something out of it! ;)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
    edited December 2011
    This is so dumb. If Kendall hates it here so much like she said, why is she still lurking here? Grow up and say what you want to say about us here, where you also have an account, instead of talking about us on wb. Or just be done with site and stay off of it and don't trash talk us on wb. Either way, grow up. I didn't like high school drama when I was in high school, I sure as hell don't want to deal with it 10 years later.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    "A bunch of stay at home house wives" ?
    What a bitch.
    She seems to be a crabby little baby.. someone needs to take the computer away from her and put her in time-out until she grows up.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Poor widdle Kendall... she goes crying to all the Bees because we're such bullies!  I mean, this post is sort of a post-mordem but I feel like after all the head banging we did against that brick wall, it's totally understandable.

And what was up with Snarky Brides about this whole junk? I posted on the epic thread (which magically disappeared) and got ripped for 'beating a dead horse'.  Uh, this has to do with me!  I was involved from the beginning.  You all didn't 'beat a dead horse' already with your 1100 posts???  And then they go on to rip each other about who was too mean, and whether they're being too mean about being too mean.  Blah blah blah blah blah.  My head hurt!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Wait they posted on Snarky Brides board about this? when did that happen?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Also,
    " have gotten 99% appropriate responces here. I get alot of opinions that go againct what I think/thought, but never usually "B***chy". More constructive, funny, and even blunt. But never picking on ppl."

For them talking about us all being stay at home house wives, why are they so uneducated?!!?! This is so painful to me... Bitchy should have just two stars.. I'm interested to see how she would actually spell it out.. and the c=s ... that just hurts.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Greeneke - yeah, sorta... Katelyn went over to say hi and got ripped a new one three ways to Sunday.  Basically a lot of the same stuff we were saying, only way meaner and 1100 times (no joke, there were over 1100 posts on that page).  Katelyn basically thought she was thuper thpecial because her FI is serving the country, "something only 1% of the country does."  Yeah, cuz that earns you friends.  And then went on to call them all names, act like a child, etc.  She tried to explain her maturity through the number of AP tests she's taken, that she's totes mcgoats ready to have a baby.  Oh, and that she'll have one in Fall 2013 or something like that.  I think she may have even said a month.  Because she said you HAVE to plan when you're a military spouse.  Others pointed out that plans don't work too well with the military OR fertility, and she kept acting like she knows all up on her high horse.  She said she won't have trouble getting pregnant because she's so young, compared to the dried up old hags on SB.  She was brutal, naive, ignorant, and just plain annoying.

And then a bunch of SB girls came and read the threads with KendALL and Katelyn and commented on it (either that the girls were being babies or that we were being too harsh) back on their own page.  And they got them both totally confused, and were talking about the WeddingBee stuff accusing us of being stalkers for finding it and getting knee deep in their own opinions about what really happened with the mysterious Facebook message to KendAll's FI.

And somewhere along there Sami went and apologized on behalf of Katelyn, and they ripped Sami a new one for "trying to use someone else's idiocy as an excuse to join the board."  Blah blah blah

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Wow. I definitely read a lot of the post I remember it now that you explained it.  Oh on one of Snarky Brides more recent posts one of the girls said Katelyn sent her a sweet PM and taht she felt bad about the earlier post...whatever!

But seriously that is crazy.  People just have no idea the stupidity that went on over her on this board with those two! 
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    I don't think a lot of people realize that the stupid started here a long time ago.  Most people only knkow of the thread on Chit Chat and SB.  We have a different opinion since we've already seen her apologize once and say she will change, and then go back to her old self.  So to us an apology PM would not make us change our minds.  

As for the discussion on SB, it kinda stinks it was deleted because I missed all the stuff at the end and what they said about the responses here, and I don't know when that happened.  The big difference between boards like SB and E and then boards like this are the size and traffic.  A post on here can easily last multople days and only have a page or 2 of posts.  Threads on SB and E get 10 pages within hours, and then everyone moves on, and it's rare that they even go on to the next day, let alone a few days.  So I can see where they were coming from with the beating a dead horse comment.  But you're right too Calindi that it all started here and we have dealt with it for a long time, and so in a way to us that whole SB thread could have been seen as beating a dead horse.  However these are 2 boards that really don't coincide much, so people really don't know whats going on throughout the 2 boards without links.

Also, I don't think anyone should form any opinions of us based on threads involving Katelyn in the past, since so many of her posts clearly go missing (whether from her deleting them or being reported too much).  And we have a lack of quoting on this board (which I'm super guilty of, I almost always quote on E out of habit and need to do it here).  Someone could easily read those threads now and could it easily look like we completely ganged up on her for 1 or 2 comments she made, when really she made way more, and way worse ones.  

Either way, it's all stupid, and I hope that they really are done on this board.  Although it's only a matter of time before another one comes around, because sadly we all know the military world is full of girls like this.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What's funny is I have a feeling that this will get put up by one of them on the weddingbee board, too. :P
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:e3380428-6f08-414d-8557-70baffb45b22">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this. : Yeah, I loved when Katelyn jumped down my throat for telling Kendall she'd probably be divorced by 25.  I didn't say I HOPE she'd be divorced - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I said she'd PROBABLY be divorced, as in "more likely than not".  Um... TRUE!  Take a group of 18-21 year olds who are getting married this year and then poll them in a few years and I am confident that more than half will be miserable if not already separated/divorced.  At the end of 10 years, you'll find a handful still together, but they're the exception and not the rule.  And they're most certainly not self-entitled children who haven't grown up yet by the time they get married. Any idea if I'll have to go through that marital counseling stuff since we'll be getting married about a month before he goes AD after the bar exam?
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

You won't have to bc of his rank, unless you're getting married on base, which based on what I "know" about you, I wouldn't guess...

We had to inform his command. That was it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ohhhh-boy-ladies-gonna-kick-out-of-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e496bf64-28c5-4eb9-958d-e9425a1d09eePost:d3bc26ce-546e-4e75-ac61-1a96a2c9f859">Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ohhhh boy are you ladies gonna get a kick out of this. : You won't have to bc of his rank, unless you're getting married on base, which based on what I "know" about you, I wouldn't guess... We had to inform his command. That was it.
    Posted by LuluP82[/QUOTE]

Phew!  I would do it if I needed to but it would be a big pain.  I'll definitely take the LINKS class and whatever else will be helpful in understanding the military life.  But to get lectured not to get married for money, etc.?  An unnecessary hassle.

We're not getting married on base - if you look at my planning bio (link in siggy), you can see a picture of our venue.  It's very close to a Navy base, but totally civilian!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards